Can Tip.it PLEASE Get a New Homeworld?(stupid idea, i guess)

Trojann2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

world 9 isint too crowded

Not true. Try getting on world 9 during peak times especially on weekends and you'll get a message saying the world is full.

Thank You, Lord for backing me up on this, and i have a question, Why would world 9 fill up before world 6? Eh, Comon, somone answer that, i KNOW YOU CAN...:P

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

The whole concept of a "homeworld" for Tipit-ers is, in my opinion, absolute ludacris. Why does this community have to have a homeworld? It's not like it is a clan or clique that has to have one. World 9 has always been my homeworld, so when I first saw that it was the Tipit-ers' homeworld, I figured, "Oh neat, I won't have to world-hop if I ever wish to visit their 'homeworld'" But a week ago when I couldn't even get in to World 9 because it was full, that was where I became upset. Edgeville bank, where I usually am, is now PACKED. Mostly packed by levels in the green-zone too as opposed to the light-green to red zone. Making a new homeworld won't solve anything - it will just piss off whoever's homeworld you decide to invade next. Simply abandon the whole concept of the 'homeworld.' No other fansites that I know of have a homeworld so why does Tip.It need one? Is this homeworld benefitting the community in any way? I don't think it has really brought the Tip.It community closer together in any way. So, if you will, just forget the whole "homeworld" thing. If the Tipit-ers want to frolic together and HYT each other for eternity, then they can do so at the parties thrown around the holidays. Having a homeworld is just stupid and makes people such as me and Trojann upset.

77yLQy8.png

This is a tricky situation... I suppose i should first admit that i never use the tip.it homeworld, mainly because i used to get ALOT less lag on the aus servers (normally 110 and 111) but it does make sense why some tip.it'ers would want to use it.

Complaining that you cant get on to your world- Ok thats a good reason to be annoyed

Complaining people are saying hi- Honestly is it that big of an issue? Just say hi and keep walking

The good thing about the homeworld is people can meet each other and make new friends, you already have your friends. Thats the beauty of pms, who cares which world they are on, you can still talk to them so if its really that bad just change world for a couple of days.

seph54646lrlr.jpg

I'm guilty of HYT'in you a few times. :oops:

I agree, more homeworlds would rock.

As it is, only having one world, leads to crowding.

98% of teenagers have been drunk or around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels

hmguy2td.png

This is a tricky situation... I suppose i should first admit that i never use the tip.it homeworld, mainly because i used to get ALOT less lag on the aus servers (normally 110 and 111) but it does make sense why some tip.it'ers would want to use it.

Complaining that you cant get on to your world- Ok thats a good reason to be annoyed

Complaining people are saying hi- Honestly is it that big of an issue? Just say hi and keep walking

The good thing about the homeworld is people can meet each other and make new friends, you already have your friends. Thats the beauty of pms, who cares which world they are on, you can still talk to them so if its really that bad just change world for a couple of days.

No, im not saying that is stupid, im saying that SOMETIMES it can be, at the total wrong time, lol, i had a friend get mad because someone hyt'd me and not him...rofl :lol:

Vitafides.jpeg

I just got members and in 2 hours of gameplay I got 4 hyt's :P . While I never could say that its always been my homeworld, I could see how the masses of players coming to your world would bug you.

I can't really say much else :? .

World 7 and 9 were my homeworlds before the tip.it homeworld thing was announced. I just thought of it as an extra bonus. The only thing that gets me is that w7 becomes a selling world on the weekends. :?

Dagganoth Kings Drops: Berserker Ring (x1) D Axe (x2) Seercull (x1) Archer Ring (x1) Seers Ring (x1) Mud staff (x1)

Getting hyted everywhere you go?

The person who had the idea of hyt rests happily in thier bed

And may I say why?

Whereever the homeworld goes yourgonna get the same problem

Weird thing is for fishing I alwasy use world 71 and while there I see alot of names i recognise from tip.it hytin

so it would seem that many of the 'higher' tip.iters dun even use tht world neway

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah, I preferred it before...never had to see the World 9 Full message once...and I can't play anymore peaceful 5 on 5 CW games at night anymore.

Obviously you can't just switch the world, as that just switches the problem to other people, but I like the idea of having more then one homeworld.

sig2.jpg

Getting hyted everywhere you go?

The person who had the idea of hyt rests happily in thier bed

And may I say why?

Whereever the homeworld goes yourgonna get the same problem

Weird thing is for fishing I alwasy use world 71 and while there I see alot of names i recognise from tip.it hytin

so it would seem that many of the 'higher' tip.iters dun even use tht world neway

I'd disagree with that, as I've seen many 'higher' tip.iters on w9. There are tonnes of people on tip.it what are the chances you'll reconize a few on another world? Very high.

I don't think that it is overcrowded at all. Someone saying "hyt" to you is better than being ignored, am I right? I've used w9 most of the time since it was introduced and just about everyone I've recently added to my friendlist aren't from tipit at all. I see a tipiter once maybe everyday and if I'm lucky twice.

Is having people come to world 9 that big of a problem? I think it is being blown out of proportion because of only a couple circumstances. So your friends see people saying "HYT" to you? What does it matter? As you said something about "now my friends know I belong to this community" whats bad about that?

I also don't see how since a couple people complained about this that another world should be added because it'd only make another person complain, and so on and so on. I'd say just be happy that people reconize you and that you have a chance to make alot of new, close friends.

I personally rarely encounter lag on world 9, the only times I have is when I open rs in the morning, play for a few mins, minimize and comeback later in the day. I also never have ANY trouble getting on world 9 maybe I'm just good at loading worlds, i dont know you tell me.

I agree it is becoming quite crowded. Although, I admit I am part of the problem. I think the problem is more due to the fact that more and more players are becoming members, not tip.it. And if world 9 is too crowded, why not just switch to another instead of making tip.it switch?

Because over the past 8 Months of members, i have made some very tight friendships on this world, im not going to just leave them, but tip.it doesn't have to move, maybe just like make 2 homeworlds, :D

So your friends stay on World 9 ALL the time?

blazesigbq9.jpg

i absolutely back up trojann , in my opinion i dont think hes mad at

people HYTing him ... we JUST need more HOMEWORLDS (one more

members and one more f2p would do) and yesterday for 1 solid hour i

couldnt get into the freak train event coz of world 7 being fully packed

with people ! Trojann is right (and no i aint backing you up coz of your

chain :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: )

2nddraftqt6.jpg

Join the sodb now!

Thanks to misterxman for the great avatar!

more than 1 homeworld defeats the object

how many homes do most people in the world have? 1

So how many home worlds should a community have? 1

If you have 2 members and 2 f2p homeworlds they r more suggested playing worlds than homeworlds

And the issue would still arise at events, whenever ther eis a tip.it event 200% more titp.iters than use tht world go to tht world for the event

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I would use it but I have many good friends that play on world 69.

I also said, every tom, noob and harry would be saying hyt!!11!! because they have seen other people saying it. :?

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Well as most know here that know me, i hardly ever use world 9 as its too laggy for me. normally for me its world 64,65 , 66 or 100

Guys keep posting on this issue and i will consider the issue later today and have a chat with one of or two of you about it.

Trojann, you met Leesters by HYTing him and following him. Just think about that, okay?

I AM NOT saying im annoyed by getting HYT, im using that as a point of how many tip.iter's i see no matter where i go, don't get me wrong, the HYT part doesn't annoy me :wink:

Vitafides.jpeg

I personally think the overall homeworld works nice, but as an improvmenet I would suggest like sub-homeworlds

I mean we all know the sever sets (2 london ones, the various american ones, etc etc)

And most get lag on atleast some of them (eg my computer hates the austrlian and london (JO) ones)

So why not have a sub-homeworld for each server set?

It would mean that the 1 main homeworld is not so flooded excluding for events, would mean you have more chance of meeting tip.iters in your general travel, would generally (i know this not 100% true) mean you meet tip.iters more 'local' to you

That way the current main homeworlds would mantain they current focus, while other worlds shared the burden as it were

juts and thought I had over my roast beef dinner (yummy)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I believe that world 9 is now KNOWN as Tip.It's homeworld.

Changing it would serve no purpose.

IMO, even if we changed it, that world would pose the same issues. Would any other homeworld be less busy?

World 9 is no entrinched as the homeworld, and any change would weaken the the whole idea.

Just my opinion.

The decision was made. Lets stick to it.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)