Player Owned Stores

Tired of searching through the busy and crowded world 1/2 for people to buy and sell your st00f to? Then you will love this idea. Player owned stores. Players should be able to have player owned stores. I have 2 ways this could work, one involving POH. Once POH's come out (if were lucky in the next 2 years :P) Players can make them into a personal store. They can organize it and put what they are selling and buying for a set price on each. You can even be logged off and you could still be selling/ buying with people. You can also set the amount of gp you want to spend at max. For ex lets say you have 2mil and instead of just buying the items you want until your broke you can set it to spend at max 100k and how many of a certain item you want. My second idea is basicaly the same only that you are the store. You have the option of changing to store mode and people can buy and sell from you. If your logged out you will stay in store mode for a total of 48 hours. So how do you like my idea?

Proud Acolyte of the Ooc

Cmon Steve you can do it!

userbaracolyteau6.png

userredkbglz3.png

One problem I can see with this is which world is it accessed from? Especially if they are in POHes.

The second option could be seen as too much like autoing, as that is effectively what you are doing, especially if you are actually logged out.

does everyone need to check 1mil stores every day?

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Good idea in theory but most likely unworkable.

Unlike POH's where you may see a steady stream of people entering the same house but once inside your the only one there, similar to the champions challenge arena where no one but you is present to see you make short work of a level 58 Hobgoblin (thank goodness).

For POShops the reverse is true, in which case there would have to be a minimum of 2000 shops, total number of people who can sign on at a time.

Even if they allowed POS's to very high levels eventually the same would occur. However if all players can use a general one store to consign their items for sale then that may work but could also slow the game down as well.

The other alternative would be to have an addon to your Bank labelled consigned goods, same as a store but other players only need to right click your character to open the option screen with 4 options instead of three - the 4th being "Buy from POS".

Once again this could cause problems even if there was a 3-5 (stackable) item limit you can sell, all prices are fixed non-negotiable. Only problem I can see is if you move away from a player accessing your POS, and they loose the connection and you loose the sale. But you will also have the hagglers pm you to negotiate. Unless you can turn the feature on or of. Great for Fallador Park on World 2.

Stay away from Varrock lol.

What? POS's.. very original. I think that this could be a good idea, but not how you have put it.

When you right click on a character, there are 3 options. Why not make it 4? Trade, follow, walk here and buy.

A player could set up a shop, put items in it and would still be able to walk around RS with permanent words above their head advertising their shop. Everyone walking around would be able to see the advertisement and click 'buy' to see the shop (clicking on buy would send a message into the players chat-box such as 'randomperson001 is searching through your shop..') and perhaps purchase the item(s) of their choice (buying an item would again leave a message in the chat-bow such as 'randomperson001 has bought a rune dagger for 4000gp.'

Once a player has deposited an item into their shop and set a price, it would take up your inventory space but have a red square around it, making the player unable to use it, but be sellable to players around.

Ugh, I grow weary of thinking up ideas for this.. help me out someone.

I think there are a few good ideas on this, and it would not be hard to hybrid them. For instance, the fourth option labled 'Buy from Player' or what have you would be good, but instead of the shop being a seperate place/out of the bank/in your inventory, make it a seperate tab on the HUD. Almost like an inventory add-on, with all items stackable, and set prices on them. And, maybe have it start off as only being able to hold one, and pay gold to someone (maybe a bank teller) to upgrade the size of it. Each size upgrade costing progressivly more. And , of course, miners would love to do this to store extra ore, so possibly a limit should be put on it, like you must leave an item for sale atleast 24 hours before removing it, and it be mandatory for any item in the shop to have a price, and also that there be some way to keep the priced from being outrageous...maybe like no more then twice RS's estimated value of the item...Anyway, just spit-balling ideas, and I'll conclude with a shop would be a lovely way to sell items, the current system S:idea::idea::idea:S.

barrowsmsmithcape,craz%20is%20evil.gif

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who know binary and those who don't.

Remember when the 100th quest went out? At some point they said in the news they had a large part of their team on it for a while. Go figure, it took them all their spare coins to do that.

You're right, we're lucky if we get POH's within 2 years..

2480+ total

go play neopet lol

but the its a great idea... trading can really be messy in world 1

so woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

i think i see a better way for this to work. im currently playing this other mmorpg on the side and they have a really neat idea for owning your own stores. you go and purchase a "shop permit" with actual, real life money. it has to be real money so that only the more serious players will do it, and you dont waste game space with "useless shops".

anyway, you purchase this permit, and it stays good for a certain amount of time. lets say 60 days. to start your shop off, you right click the permit and hit "stock shop". this opens up two inventories, your regular one and your shops one. you then select items, and how many of that item, you want to stock. you can stock only a certain number of different items, say as many as a regular shop, and an unlimited number of items that are the same. so you could have 550 logs, a bucket, 15 addy kites, etc. etc.

once your inventory is set up, you select options for your store. you can set individual prices, or set your items to "shop value" which prices your items in the same manner as a general store would. you can select whether to sell only, buy or sell, or buy only. in the case of buying things, you select what you would like to purchase from people, how many, and either set the price you want to buy it for, or "shop price", which buys the item for the same price as a shop would. you will automatically buy the items you selected as long as people are willing to sell them, and until you either have enough, or run out of money.

finally, when everything is set up, you right click the permit and select "set-up shop". this brings up a box to type your shops name in. your shops name must follow all the "appropriate language" rules and should tell people about what you are buying and selling. for example, a good shop name might be "neogeo0823's rune and bar store!", or "stallion4589's sword and shield shop" or something like that.

once you type in the name and hit ok, an icon appears next to your name in chat, and above your head. other players can mouse over either icon to see your characters name, level and the name of your store in the upper left hand corner. this is why you need a good store name, its your advertisement. if people want to visit your store, then you can left click(right click, second option in the wildy) and it will bring up the stores inventory and your own.

after that, it works like a general store. you just select and buy the items you want, and you can sell any items that you have that are on the stores seperate "sell me this" list at the prices specified. if the stores inventory is depleted, and theres no more items, then the store automatically shuts down, and the store icon dissapears until you restock the store. once the permit expires, you keep it, but you have to pay to renew it. if you dont want to renew it, then you can throw it out. if you want to change any details, you just go back into the various options and change them as you need.

wow, that was a long post... but i think its a bit better than the way suggested.what do you think?

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

I've said it once i'll say it again, how do you implent P.O.H OR P.O.S when runescape has over a million players!!!
a different mmorpg that i had played a long time ago had a neet system for dealing with that.

for houses, there would be a single house that you entered, once you entered it(in runesscape, you would use a portal to warp there) you would get a list to select which house you wanted to visit and you could sort these options with various stats like "square meters"(assuming you can add onto your house), "player name", "times visited", etc, etc.

for stores, it would be the same thing, but it would be a door within the general store.

hows that sound?

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

Ever played ROSE online? I really like the shop idea in that game. Players can set up a store that takes up a 1x1 square on the games tiled map. They can give their store a "slogan" or "title" which might be a short description of what they're selling. Then any player that wishes to do so can intitiate a trade at the store just like they would with an NPC shop. The seller presets his prices for items, so there is no interaction required between the players required.

In ROSE online you can go afk while your store is open, so tonnes of people leave theirs running overnight then come back in the morning to find they've sold all or most of their stuff. A good idea, but the servers would definitely get more crowded if you could afk your store in RS.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here