Will the Whip ever has a successor?

Mamong

I think that one of the reasons for the high demand of whips is that you don't need any to do any quests to be able to use it, so it's a pure's dream.

(I've never owned one, although two of my friends have let me try theirs.)

There's also something causing the recent fluctuations of whip prices. Who knows if the price will eventually stablize at 3141592 gp, or maybe even at 2718281 gp. :)

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think there will ever be weapons which need a higher attack or armor that need s a higher def than 70. there isnt really a way you can improve upon the whip thought as it is pretty much perfect, could hit higher or train str but the whole idea of giving it weaknesses is so that u arent invincible. i mean why do u think the barrows weapons are so slow/rubbish because if the had the same speed of a whip u would win every time.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Whip is one of the most versitile weapons in the game and it dropped by the of highest slayer monsters (which suprised me that the dark beast got stuck with death tally). Any weapon that will succses the whip should be dropped by a monster which needs at least 95 slayer to kill it and very hard to kill . :P

R.I.P Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin

i dont think there will ever be weapons which need a higher attack or armor that need s a higher def than 70. there isnt really a way you can improve upon the whip thought as it is pretty much perfect, could hit higher or train str but the whole idea of giving it weaknesses is so that u arent invincible. i mean why do u think the barrows weapons are so slow/rubbish because if the had the same speed of a whip u would win every time.

barrows weapons arent rubbish...they just require set effect.

but yea, lots of people have died because they opted for a 2handed weapon.

I like the idea behind the whip...but i just wish the weapon wasn't a stupid whip...

I mean i like the idea of a fast and strong attack weapon...But omg, a whip is not a feasible weapon by a long shot. Lol, imagine in real life trying to whip someone with platemail on and has a real sword coming at you...If you even hit with the whip correctly (virtually impossible to hit a moving target and the whip has very narrow range that it is effective for, ex if someone gets close you are messed up big time), it wouldn't even dent platemail...

I guess i understand that jagex would have a hard time coming up with a new weapon or type of weapon to put in the game, though. Anyway, yes i think at some time there will be a better overall weapon than the whip in the game, but probably not for a decent while.

Whip range: depending on length, easily up to 20 feet.

As for damage, well... stick a barb, or a metal counterweight of some type on the end, then see what it does. When a whip "cracks", the sound is the end of the whip breaking the sound barrier... A peice of metal coming at you at over mach 1... that's going to leave a mark...

Wow! I'm surprised for my first post it gained so many reply's.

I'm not sure who said it, but it was a fair way back in this thread.

They said the Granite Maul was one of the most popular weapons at the time. True, they were, but I was looking at more of a long term scale. I too bought a maul that I thought was 'awesome'... Not for long! :P

Sorry about not listing Barrows.... I forgot completely about it! :oops:

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

The whip is a weapon like anyother, it might be fairly good for speed but really...does it matter?

I stick to Dragon Halberds because they are good for training against virtually any monster. They do not require: Food, runes, arrows or such like. They are basicly great for people that just want drops and Xp in Strength and Defence.

Whips are Good against players because you can get straight in and do the bussiness. They require some food but its not that bad. They are useless if you plan to go for hours of monster killing though. You have to go to the bank every hour at least for food(or wait 20 minutes of HP). They are basicly great for People who just want to Dual/Cwars(pk if you feel lucky) and train Attack

You can do that with every weapon and you will come to a conclusion that if you have a Whip and A Dragon Halberd you can do anything.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

if the whip's sucessor is going to come out, it will probably be by either dark beasts or some kinda really strong monster

weeee.gif

Sorry for the off-topicness, but is that the god for Pastafarians? I've heard so much about these cultists/teenagers/people

as of the moment, from what i heard, dark beast drops absolute junk

I think that one of the reasons for the high demand of whips is that you don't need any to do any quests to be able to use it, so it's a pure's dream.

(I've never owned one, although two of my friends have let me try theirs.)

There's also something causing the recent fluctuations of whip prices. Who knows if the price will eventually stablize at 3141592 gp, or maybe even at 2718281 gp. :)

thats pi time 1000000! lol, sry, i like math

i think the whip will reamin supreme for a long time

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

It not pi*1mil

pi is 3.14 or 22/7

3.14*1M=3140000

I like Maths too :P

pi is not just 3.14... it doesnt end, a repeating decimal. just put it in any TI calc and u'll get 3.14............... etc.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

This has gone way off topic, oh well...

PI is 3.1415926548.........................

Some scientist got it to like 6 Billion digits or something random like that.....

ON-TOPIC...

It might do, eventually....

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Actually, pi is an irrational number, so it has an infinite number of digits. The 3141592 figure I used is actually floor(1e6*pi). And yes, I like math too, although I'm not particularly fond of the linear algebra class I'm taking right now. :P

Back on topic, I do think that Jagex might have other future weapons planned. However, I think that Jagex will be reluctant to release them, as that might lower the demand/price for whips and upset many whip owners.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

:wall: That is jagex

They keep hitting a wall with more request from higer levels while facing the possibility of merchants going crazy with a new weapon. Why not a quest, a one that is the difficulties of Dessert Treasure and Legend's together. Make it non-tradable. Make it (maybe) the new crystal equipment. Make it one handed.

Oh yeah pi isn't 22/7 (22/7 is 3 1/7) irrational numbers can't be written as fractions. - I like social studies rather than math =P.

noob,93element.gif