Will the Whip ever has a successor?

Mamong

Eventually jagex will have to release a better weapon. Probably froma level 95/99 slayer monster. Or even better a quest so people cant take advantage of it and sell things for tens of millions becuase Jagex hates that.

Lagatag.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea behind the whip...but i just wish the weapon wasn't a stupid whip...

I mean i like the idea of a fast and strong attack weapon...But omg, a whip is not a feasible weapon by a long shot. Lol, imagine in real life trying to whip someone with platemail on and has a real sword coming at you...If you even hit with the whip correctly (virtually impossible to hit a moving target and the whip has very narrow range that it is effective for, ex if someone gets close you are messed up big time), it wouldn't even dent platemail...

I guess i understand that jagex would have a hard time coming up with a new weapon or type of weapon to put in the game, though. Anyway, yes i think at some time there will be a better overall weapon than the whip in the game, but probably not for a decent while.

I guess i understand that jagex would have a hard time coming up with a new weapon or type of weapon to put in the game, though. Anyway, yes i think at some time there will be a better overall weapon than the whip in the game, but probably not for a decent while.

Agreed.

I think they shouldn't introduce something brand new like the whip but insted make alterations to something already introduced like a new sword but insted of dragon something rare and cool looking, maybe not drop the ball on it though?

I don't think they really ran out of ideas i'm thinking there holding something for the right time maybe? who knows, the only thing i know is that i'm perfectly happy with my whip, i also know that they probably will come out with something better but with higher requirements like stated above something like 80 attack.

lookrt2.jpg

it wouldn't even dent platemail...

How much do you know about whips as weapons instead of tools of disipline? If it was weighted it could easily punch through a sheet of metal. Or it could be interlocked peices of sharp metal such as those wooden snakes. Or it could be barbed. or it could be all 3. You dont know :P

As it is, you have very good accuracy if you've got 70 attack (supposedly) and wouldnt miss very often. Besides, for all you know the whip guides itself to its target (it is an "abyssal" whip :))

Back in RS the rune 2h was the master. Then it was replaced by the dragon long which was replaced by the dragon B-axe.

Here in RS3D however, the whip is master and it replaced the dragon scimitar which replaced the dragon long.

Who knows, mabby the whip will be replaced maby it will not.

Just my .02.

Vene

Heres my 2 cents as well

I dont remember the dragon battleaxe ever actually "replacing" the dragon long , as it has always been a very inaccurate and slow weapon, and the whip did not replace the dragon scimitar , the scimitar was released on March 29th, 2005 , Slayer was released on Jan 26th, 2005 , quite a while after many many players already had 85 slayer and were selling whips by the masses :)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

I wish everyones first post was as good. This will be a great topic. Kudos to the author.

On topic, I like that fact that Jagex makes some rare items that are unbalanced. The whip is unbalanced. It blows everything else away. The new gloves are unbalanced. The stats on them are amazing.

These were done for special occasions, though. The whip for a new skill of slayer, which was probably the most popular update in the last 2 years. The gloves for the 100th quest, which deserved to be uber special.

I hope they stay "special" and I hope that they keep introduction of these rare, unbalanced items to a minimum.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Well considering it's a 70 att weapon, Jagex still has 80, 90, 99 att weapons to go if they ever went that far. Also, there could be alternatives, like a weapon just a strong, but specifically for Strength only, like the whip is Attack only.

perhaps their might be 99 atk, 99 str weapons. but, not ungodly good, perhaps they will just have good specials, be better then the whip, perhaps add def bonus, or a set effect

The whip for a new skill of slayer, which was probably the most popular update in the last 2 years. .

I thought that was castle wars :)

The whip will have a successor eventually, with a higher requirement. It'll probubly be released when whips start to pan out at about 1m and stay steady for a good long time. Dont hold your breath for it however :)

On topic, I like that fact that Jagex makes some rare items that are unbalanced. The whip is unbalanced. It blows everything else away. The new gloves are unbalanced. The stats on them are amazing.

wildy and castle wars and duel arena have just become a lil more dangerous cuz of these gloves... i was hit a 39 in castle wars, and with prayer i can hit 32's.

thats not all that impressive with dharok and stuff...but wow these gloves enable me to hit 37's pot and prayer. thats formerly the max hit with 99 str...prior to the obby shield

The Granite Maul, that came out with the Whip, flopped.

Did you even play back when the whip and maul came out? EVERYBODY used the maul, it was the single most powerful weapon ever added to runescape, then jagex nerfed it.

Didn't the G mual have a special which allowed you to hit your max hit?

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I like the idea behind the whip...but i just wish the weapon wasn't a stupid whip...

I mean i like the idea of a fast and strong attack weapon...But omg, a whip is not a feasible weapon by a long shot. Lol, imagine in real life trying to whip someone with platemail on and has a real sword coming at you...If you even hit with the whip correctly (virtually impossible to hit a moving target and the whip has very narrow range that it is effective for, ex if someone gets close you are messed up big time), it wouldn't even dent platemail...

I don't suppose you've ever heard anyone crack a whip, have you? They can be cracked very, very fast in a long succession. Every time they crack, they break the sound barrier. Now, add a little weight and barbs (and heck, I've even heard broken glass has been used), and you are hitting them with 4-5 pounds of weight with sharp objects on it at the speed of sound. I don't know about you, but I'd rather take my chances with a dragon scimitar than I would a whip.

Back in RS the rune 2h was the master. Then it was replaced by the dragon long which was replaced by the dragon B-axe.

Here in RS3D however, the whip is master and it replaced the dragon scimitar which replaced the dragon long.

Who knows, mabby the whip will be replaced maby it will not.

Just my .02.

Vene

Heres my 2 cents as well

I dont remember the dragon battleaxe ever actually "replacing" the dragon long , as it has always been a very inaccurate and slow weapon, and the whip did not replace the dragon scimitar , the scimitar was released on March 29th, 2005 , Slayer was released on Jan 26th, 2005 , quite a while after many many players already had 85 slayer and were selling whips by the masses :)

On RS2 you are absolutely correct, the dragon battle axe, and actually battle axes of any sort, are too slow to be feasible weapons. However, he was talking about RSC, when only pures used the dragon long, and anyone who finished the hero's quest used the battle axe because of the extra couple of strength points it had.

Jagex will eventually make better stuff.Rune had a successor,so will the whip.If Jagex fails to make in the future stronger stuff then higher/maxed players would be less keen to play.

I fully agree...but probably not for a while with all the other stuff they are trying to make. Such as POH's.

Eventually it will downgrade

1. because more whips enter RS everyday because of 85 slayer so the prices will drop Remember granite mauls used to be 3 mill:P eventaully whips will be cheap.

First, not being rude or anything, but what does this have to do with the topic. Either way, if prices keep going down, the number of whips being brought into the game will also go down because the slayers won't want to waste time getting whips that are of little value.

Yes I definatly do think there will be another weapon that is as good or better than the whip. It will probably be strength based though as many have said.

Noproblem22.png

I dont think it willl ever have a successor thats better in every aspect.

Its too hard to get 85 slayer, to just neglect it and make a better weapon.

However, I do think that Jagex will come up with some alternatives. For instance a weapon as good as a whip, but for str straining (like someone said), or a risky and costy way to train, with great xp (in some occasions, like Dharok's now.

I think it also wouldnt heard to give a special weapon for people with 99 attack. I mean, these people deserve it :)

you will probably find the next big advances for melee will be lvl 80 or 55 to use its a bigger jump witch requires alot more exp. at 85 its basically a lvl 100 combat weapon except for the pures.

tb was 85 mage and ice barrage 94 id see a range or melee boost being around that lvl requirement.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

nah whip is way too good

they mihgt make like a 99 att weapon idk

Zam0whip o00- the rune pure I own

Stats: 79/80 attk 85/86 str 75/77 hp 43/45 def

D sccimes/longs PKed:19 Whips pked:1 Mauls:4

dds's pked :41 bloods:1045

mystic items:15 deaths:866

i think that the whip is better then barrows. i can own with any other item equipped other then another weapon or 2h sheild lol (i know they don't exist) but if you want to look cool and own go with barrows but remember their cost

The whip is going to reign supreme for quite some time I believe, or they will make a weapon requiring 80 attack, but still not for a long while.

Banned from Runescape on a day I didn't play, for a real world trade I never did. Combat 113 - Total 1796 - Top 500 Cooking

Well considering it's a 70 att weapon, Jagex still has 80, 90, 99 att weapons to go if they ever went that far. Also, there could be alternatives, like a weapon just a strong, but specifically for Strength only, like the whip is Attack only.

Not true whip can use def as well.

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?