Will the Whip ever has a successor?

Mamong

This is my first post on the Tip.It Forums, I hope it isn't something that has been said before and is a stupid post. :roll:

The title pretty much says it all. Ever since the Whip came out, most who have one love it, some think it's just a big waste of money and others don't know or care.

New weapons have come and gone. The Granite Maul, that came out with the Whip, flopped. How many people use/have one of those?? The TzHaar WEAPONS flopped. (except Obby Maul) The TzHaar armour was a success however. D2H, no contest. Dropping in price as we speak.

So I come to the main point of this thread, will the Whip ever have a successor. Jagex have sent some new weapons, but none have had the success the Whip has.

For me, I'm too poor (I know it sounds surprising to most, I'm only lvl 75 though!) to afford a Whip. It's still a dream of mine to own a Whip. I'll keep trying to get one, I probably will, then Jagex will release the Whip's successor.

What do you think? Will the Whip remain supreme or will it be shown up by some new weapon?

I hope my first post wasn't bad...

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

supreme

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

Well considering it's a 70 att weapon, Jagex still has 80, 90, 99 att weapons to go if they ever went that far. Also, there could be alternatives, like a weapon just a strong, but specifically for Strength only, like the whip is Attack only.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

my friend still uses a g maul lol. dueling and pking he absolutley nails. lvl 66 with 78 str lol. um but no, successor wont come for a while yet i don't think

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Well considering it's a 70 att weapon, Jagex still has 80, 90, 99 att weapons to go if they ever went that far. Also, there could be alternatives, like a weapon just a strong, but specifically for Strength only, like the whip is Attack only.

i think that was what the D2H was for, you can train strength like anchients train magic in castle wars, go at a relly popular time to a really full world and stand right in the think of it and spec it, change to a diff weapon and wait for the spec to recharge then do it again, unlike the anchients training it is goverened by the spec recharge rate, but if you do it 5 or 6 times in a game in the most populated area you can find you can get quick boosts of strength exp

Candymann16.png

you forgot all about barrows....in the right conditions some of them are already better

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

you forgot all about barrows....in the right conditions some of them are already better

offensive wise only dharoks is. and dharoks is way too risky for a LOT of people.

whip is a good all around weapon, good for fighting all kinds of monsters. it may not fight dharokable monsters as well (but still really good) but fights each monster with consistant effectiveness, unlike dharoks (dharoking mage monsters with no prayer isn't exactly effective :wink: ).

but whip is if anything overpowered, i don't believe there's going to be better.

i think we should be happy with what we have.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

offensive wise only dharoks is. and dharoks is way too risky for a LOT of people.

whip is a good all around weapon, good for fighting all kinds of monsters. it may not fight dharokable monsters as well (but still really good) but fights each monster with consistant effectiveness, unlike dharoks (dharoking mage monsters with no prayer isn't exactly effective :wink: ).

but whip is if anything overpowered, i don't believe there's going to be better.

Verac is better then a whip.

Verac is better then a whip.

against KQ? yep

against people? maybe

against monsters? ugh god no.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Whip is strong but I don't think overpowered:

against KQ? yep

against people? maybe

Arguments could be made for dharocks as well for strength training, and as the whip's main strength is against monsters it's quite easy to prevent it from being overpowered simply through the introduction of bigger stronger monsters...

Mordendravid.png

Whip is strong but I don't think overpowered:

against KQ? yep

against people? maybe

Arguments could be made for dharocks as well for strength training, and as the whip's main strength is against monsters it's quite easy to prevent it from being overpowered simply through the introduction of bigger stronger monsters...

Against the kq it is way better, and it owns like....All pvp. You can use the full set for ownage in fight pits, duel arena. full set with a whip and obby shield for melee in the wild. (Torag may be chosen though...cheaper) also, you can hybrid with it using a bow and it's magic def is excatly 0

Against monsters it does ok. It really depends on what you're fighting. It won't hit higher than a whip, but on monsters with platemail it will hit more often.

I pray to the runescape gods for armour and weapons with lvl 90 minimum requirements someday.

I pray for def going up to level 250s meybe....theres just no point adding armors atm when you can have like 420 range def, 380s melee def, 170 mage def, and the attacks are getting crazy too....everything gets less dependant of your stats and more dependant on your wealh....

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Well the biggest problem is that everything..pretty much is soloable in this game. This is pretty much the only mmorpg ive played or heard of that is that way.

Back in RS the rune 2h was the master. Then it was replaced by the dragon long which was replaced by the dragon B-axe.

Here in RS3D however, the whip is master and it replaced the dragon scimitar which replaced the dragon long.

Who knows, mabby the whip will be replaced maby it will not.

Just my .02.

Vene

Venedlor.png

I pray to the runescape gods for armour and weapons with lvl 90 minimum requirements someday.

I pray for def going up to level 250s meybe....theres just no point adding armors atm when you can have like 420 range def, 380s melee def, 170 mage def, and the attacks are getting crazy too....everything gets less dependant of your stats and more dependant on your wealh....

yup rs isnt about the skills just about how much money u can spend on items

well, think of it like this:

the whip is the best of 2 worlds; the speed of a drag dagger, and the power of a dragon battleaxe. With both of those factors, the whip can hit huge in only a few fits and have the potential to kill someonerelly fast. Whereas, the other wepons only have one factor so they cant do as much damage so fast

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

the whip is Attack only.

whip is awesome on defence as well, nothing beats it for training attack or defence.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png