"class 4" treasure trails

ixfd64

I've seen many treasure trail guides, and it seems that many of the level 3 trails don't seem challenging enough, especially when compared to some high-level quests like Desert Treasure.

Perhaps we need a new type of treasure trails: level 4 ones.

These clues should only be dropped by the by the most diffucult monsters: Ket-Zek, Kalphite Queen, chaos elemental, steel dragons, king black dragon, dagannoth kings, and dark beasts.

These drops should be about as rare as getting a d2h from a kalphite queen.

The trails should be about 10-15 steps long, with each often involving fighting a very difficult monster or solving a difficult problem.

For monsters, players may be required to kill a dagannoth king to get a key to certain areas. Or a player might have to dig somewhere and fight a level 450 undead pirate.

And here are possible rewards:

Up to 3 dragon items

1k-500k gold

1-500 blood runes

1-150 soul runes

1-1000 death runes

Maybe some items from this topic?

1-2000 rune essence

1-100 high-level pies

And here are other special items:

(With chances of getting particular items from a certain trail)

1/15 chance: Abyssal whips (enough to keep treasure hunters interested, but hopefully not enough to upset level 85+ slayers)

1/45 chance: disk of returning

1/50: Easter egg

1/50: pumpkin

1/100: santa hat

1/150: halloween mask

1/500: half jug of wine

1/1200-1/2000: party hat

1/3000: Christmas cracker

I know that rares are a debatable subject for some. But read the odds. That means that it's about 2000 times harder to get a party hat from a level 4 trail than getting a d2h from the KQ.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Other than the rares i think you may be onto a good idea.

The idea "rares" are rares cause No more would be added into the game. If they were added in the game again they would no longer be "rares"

permanantley muted for offensive language! pwnd some noobs though XD

yeah, the rares should not be included, but i think that there should be a max of 1 drag item not 3. i mean, someone could get d chain, legs, and sheild, while someone else gets a whip for the exact same thing. i dunno, im f2p so.....

1/15 chance: Abyssal whips (enough to keep treasure hunters interested, but hopefully not enough to upset level 85+ slayers)

1/45 chance: disk of returning

1/50: Easter egg

1/50: pumpkin

1/100: santa hat

1/150: halloween mask

1/500: half jug of wine

1/1200-1/2000: party hat

1/3000: Christmas cracker

not THAT'S just a stupid idea. it wouldn't work.

especially when compared to some high-level quests like Desert Treasure

did you just comapre a quest to a treasure trail item?

*sigh*

that's like saying you want a bigger pool because the ocean is bigger. just... no...

i *might* have considered thids if it were thought up more properly.

party hats from clues? got to be kidding me, tehy'll cost about 800k a week after it's released. i don't care about the odds, every person in game wuld be doing this, so many phats would come in game it would just be a total disaster.

be happy with clues you have, earning a few million of a level 3 clue is good enough as it is.

i would go on but i just don't know where to start with how bad these ideas are...

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I don't know why some people here are obsessed with spamming ideas that are just thinly veiled methods for getting more rares into the game.

Mostly, said people don't have said rares, and want one without having to pay for it...

Raichase, quit Runescape.

Time issues really, nothing against the game itself. Something had to go, and it happened to be the addictive game that costs money to enjoy :)

Best of luck to all of my friends here!

replace the rares with fake red phat, etc.

they look like phats when u wear and examine them, but they have fake in their name

same with other items

Haha, perhaps "pretend paper hat" would be a better name?

Still, that would cause some scams to happen, and people WOULD fall for it :|.

Time issues really, nothing against the game itself. Something had to go, and it happened to be the addictive game that costs money to enjoy :)

no rares... no dragon... and one of the highest monster now drops already the lvl 3 clue... what does need to drop the lvl 4 clue? king steel dragon? :lol:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Or the Dragon Dragon, a metal dragon made out of Dragon Metal

(Ok, that was stupid. I'll shut up now.)

Anyway, this is a bad idea. Rares are rare, and introducing more would be stupid.

Or the Dragon Dragon, a metal dragon made out of Dragon Metal

(Ok, that was stupid. I'll shut up now.)

Oh no, your idea fits right at home with the rest of the "lets get rares into the game" ideas. :lol:

Besides, I thought you were an "Unrealist" by trade? :wink: .

Anyway, I got a good chuckle when I heard about there being a "dragon dragon" :P

Or to make runescape even more fun lets have a level 100 tok-KQ-Dagking-KBD-Chaos monster that drops every rare item, barrows peice, dragon armor/weapon, and basically everything that has a value of 100k or more. :roll:

This is not a good idea, just stick to the level 3 they have good enough rewards as it is.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

• 3 months later...
It's actually possible to get full guth from barrows (Wow Thats Was Dumb And Random!) :P :)

You bumped up a nearly 4 month old post and contributed nothing to the discussion, congrats. Since the topic had already died on it's own, locked.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat