abyss runecrafting: a solution against PKers?

transcript80

Sooo... all I hear is the fear for PKers when entering the abyss. Why not put on protect from magic prayer? I know that the abyss drains all prayer points, but you can just have 1 dose of prayer pot before entering, and be on your merry way?

The only drawback would be the cost of pray pots, I believe they go for a (rediculous) 6k ea, so that would be 1.5K per sip. But when crafting natures (300 ea), it would "cost" you only 5! And no risk of getting killed, and therefor you can use the (very fast) glory method! Besides, you can also take "proper" armour into the abyss against those nasty critters there!

I think it is an excellent way of getting your RC up with minimal rist, and still getting a nice profit (although not a HUGE as could be).

Tell me how you like this?

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Don't like, prayer doesn't stop magic is just decreases the chances of it hitting you.

All in all, not worth the inventory space and the money.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I always go on ascout mission first 3 iteming but looking like a runecrafter, if anyone attacks I try and kill them. If it proves not worth the effort I change worlds, if it suceeds all the more for me. Most of the time though they run away, usually they don't come back though so you win either way most times.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

don't take the pot with u, drink it when banking.

I thought that protection prayer actually PROTECTS from magic.... In that case it would work, without taking the extra spot of the pot in your inventory.

Well, I havent been using that prayer a lot...so...yah.

transcript80.png

Yeah, prayer PvP doesn't work quite the same as against NPCs so you'd find yourself still getting TB'd/entangled. Personally I'd keep the prayer pot in your inventory and then use the following technique when attacked:

1) Sip prayer pot

2) Protect Item prayer (glory)

3) DROP pouches (except small)

4) Die happily whilst highlighting to abyss PK'er just how little they're going to get

5) Use your glory ammy to tele back to edgeville

6) Retrieve your dropped pouches (using tele grab if necessary)

7) Return to crafting runes having lost a mere 30 seconds

or (my preferred approach) substitute 7) above with...

7. a) Get fully loaded go and find abyss PK'er, mage bow spec plus range from afar, run in DDS spec for KO - voila free mystic robes and some extra runes if you're lucky and they don't tele away .....

Mordendravid.png

thanks...I did'n know that.

I like your way of dealing with abyssal PK-ers...especially the "alternative" mode... Kill the SOB's themselves!!

transcript80.png

Or, if You're Smart, You *don't* need a tele or sharks. The Solution, SARA BREW!!, Yup it heals like around 15 per dose, so that's 60 HP healed in 4 drinks. And if you're still gunna die, Use the Super Restore You Brought to get prayer up and protect your glory, after you have dropped your pouches, of course. I STILL haven't died after *20k+* Runes through the abyss. :P

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Yeah, prayer PvP doesn't work quite the same as against NPCs so you'd find yourself still getting TB'd/entangled. Personally I'd keep the prayer pot in your inventory and then use the following technique when attacked:

1) Sip prayer pot

2) Protect Item prayer (glory)

3) DROP pouches (except small)

4) Die happily whilst highlighting to abyss PK'er just how little they're going to get

5) Use your glory ammy to tele back to edgeville

6) Retrieve your dropped pouches (using tele grab if necessary)

7) Return to crafting runes having lost a mere 30 seconds

or (my preferred approach) substitute 7) above with...

7. a) Get fully loaded go and find abyss PK'er, mage bow spec plus range from afar, run in DDS spec for KO - voila free mystic robes and some extra runes if you're lucky and they don't tele away .....

why not just pk the pkers?

friend got a whip kill from that

and the my version of 7 is to get a crystal long, black dhide bod and dds out

wait till they attack ya and bam

lucky trojann, i died on the run right after i met you in world 9, lucky i used my final dose of p pot, so i could protect glory and get my pouches.

ArchSupport.png

Soulthresher: dont think outside of the box, stay inside. the box is your freind

Clicky for the Blog 'o Range

Race to 100 ranged with BBQ_muffin

DarkDude98: Pfft, Real men use Bow and Arrows to get 99 range

Or, if You're Smart, You *don't* need a tele or sharks. The Solution, SARA BREW!!, Yup it heals like around 15 per dose, so that's 60 HP healed in 4 drinks. And if you're still gunna die, Use the Super Restore You Brought to get prayer up and protect your glory, after you have dropped your pouches, of course. I STILL haven't died after *20k+* Runes through the abyss. :P

Sara Brew is expensive. Of course we could always have some tip-it herblorists like oddfaery2 or swampjedi do our dirty work for us :wink:

1) play on quiet times (when there are less than 300 players per server)

2) carry tele crystal. If they ice burst you, click tele and you`re gone. If they teleblock you, run away. ectovial is ok too.

3) Be high level. I`m over lvl 115, and in 20 hours of Rcing I only got PK`d twice (both times I clicked tele crystal).Only pkers plus or minus 5 levels from your own level can attack you, and the bulk of pkers is lvl 60-100

im not a veteran abyss crafter, but iv made about 5k nats using the abyss (46 to 51 RC) and never got pked once, i always take my ectovial with me and dont bother recharging prayer as i hope that my ring of life will work and get me out of there if i cant tele/click the ecto in time, personally i think a better way is to attack the skellies in lvl 1-2 wildy, run to the zammy mage and hope the little green bar is above your head while you are on your way, much better, cheaper and more effective (because they cant even attack you using that method)

Candymann16.png

I've made 50k+ deaths recently, got pked twice.

Teleing away from being frozen saved me lots of times. The times I've been killed was when the pker got lucky enough to both teleblock and bind me. Add dds to that and you end up in fally. I dropped pouches on both occasions.

Ring of life doesnt work when teleblocked, so I dont bother wearing it anymore since its just more loot for mr. pk.

Another annoying thing is being teleblocked and finding that out when you're standing in deathaltar, you either have to wait it out or go through undergroundpass then.

Or maybe, you could be super awsome like Kaeporo and not die at all...

Karil top and legs, glory, and boots of lightness are all you need. Raise herblore by making potions like super energy so you can run faster.

They won't hit you with magic. If they do... then either bank and pk them. Or just get out of combat...log out and then back in.

I just take ectophial with me, crafting 30k+ nats without ever being pk'd so it seems to be working :P

Ectophial is the key. =O Usually the PKers will first bind, THEN teleblock. All you have to do is hover your mouse over the ectophial. When you suddenly stop and the bind animation plays, click on it. Not that hard. I usually end up in the ecto tower without the ability to tele back to Edge, though. :lol:

B0nec0lecter.png

all you need is a ring of dueling dont see why people take glories waste o' money if you die while with rings of dueling you dont really care and if your fast enuf u can make it back to grab your pouches bring telegrab so you dont get killed again :wink:

My pet Boxing Tater

minimck1lg8.jpg

Ive been rc pked when i was unskulled and i didnt even have a glory :roll:

they are so pathetic, whenever i die i go back to edge and they arn't there anymore, they change world or log out or something, they are to scared to actually fight someone with food and a half decent chance.

Pier pressure?

I can just see you being threatened by a wharf or jetty because you're a teleporter. Yes, I can see a large wooden wharf uprooting itself from the shore, walking over to you and slapping you in the back of the head for teleporting.

:lol: