WOW or RUNESCAPE

wasabisam112

If you want weekly updates get runescape

If you want good graphics get wow

if you want cheep membership get runescape (wow is 15$/month i think)

Bigger world = wow i think

bigger population = runescape

portible? = runescape

wow has a horrible community. noone ever wants to have fun and its either 30 year old men dressed as elf women who havent seen the sun in a while or weird stuck up people that have no fun. plus the immature 13 yr olds

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

portible? = runescape

Wait, you're saying RuneScape has a bigger population than WoW? Hate to tell you, but WoW had more accounts active the first month of it's existance than RuneScape has ever had.

WoW has more content, but doesn't update as often. However, Blizzard updates in very large amounts once a month instead of a bunch of tiny updates. WoW is more of the raiding, grouping kind of person instead of soloing (though you still can).

RuneScape is more casual and costs less. It's more for the people that like to raise skill instead of getting items to become the best.

As for the communities in WoW you're very wrong. They have good communities, you just need to get into a guild that you like. RuneScape has a lack of official guild forming and can sometimes have a lack of communication.

Kaejer.png

portible? = runescape

Wait, you're saying RuneScape has a bigger population than WoW? Hate to tell you, but WoW had more accounts active the first month of it's existance than RuneScape has ever had.

WoW has more content, but doesn't update as often. However, Blizzard updates in very large amounts once a month instead of a bunch of tiny updates. WoW is more of the raiding, grouping kind of person instead of soloing (though you still can).

RuneScape is more casual and costs less. It's more for the people that like to raise skill instead of getting items to become the best.

As for the communities in WoW you're very wrong. They have good communities, you just need to get into a guild that you like. RuneScape has a lack of official guild forming and can sometimes have a lack of communication.

runescape has over 20 million made accounts, WoW HAD 5-7m first month because of FREE TRIALS i myself got to level 58 on a trial and gave acc to a friend

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

WoW costs around 13ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì a month for me. That equals... Two books, two-three visits to McDonalds, a few trips to the movies (though that's a lot cheaper than Sweden, so you might be able to squeeze in a lot of trips for 13ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì)... It's not that much money, unless you're not going to change any other spending habits you might have. Personally, it's more economical to pay for WoW. I can buy two books, but 10-12 hours later both'll be read. In terms of ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì/hour of enjoyement, WoW > quite a lot.

runescape has over 20 million made accounts, WoW HAD 5-7m first month because of FREE TRIALS i myself got to level 58 on a trial and gave acc to a friend

Nah, WoW has 5 million paying subscribers now, RS has, what, 375 000? 400 000? paying subscribers. Counting "made accounts" is rather silly, as people who aren't playing actively and haven't done so in years will still end up in the statistics.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Overall, WoW > Runescape.

Couldn't agree more.

Personally I favour WoW on several more levels, and this is coming from someone who spent 3 years developing a Runescape character ;) Possibly the main reason I rather WoW is the people. While there are of course still morons who do their best to irritate the majority of the earths population, there are lots fewer of them. The graphics are much better, and there is a much wider opportunity to employ a strategy.

A Runescape strategy:

He is using magic, so I better use ranged.

A WoW strategy:

He is using ice spells, so I would favour getting rid of my +2% crit trinket for an ice reflector and sacrificing armour rating for frost resistance. Given it is a mage I would probably be best to avoid using stunning effects as he has the ability to blink out of them. (Could go on forever here, so I'll end it now.)

Anyways. I agree with the quote.

The games cannot be compared. Runscape is about killing that 50000th Hobgoblin to reach level X, and by nature it's boring as hell, which is why people watch movies while doing it.

WoW has a bit of that element aswell, but as soon as you reach level 60, it's all over. That doesn't mean the game is over, you can still progress a lot by gathering better equipment. However, you don't just enter a random house and start killing monsters, you team up with as many as 40 people to take down the most powerfull enemies. If it wasn't for the cooperation aspect, MMO's would be completely pointless. Sure, there's some cooperation in Runescape player-killing, but it's pretty limited.

For this reason, Runescape can never come close to WoW in terms of enjoyability. The feeling of overcoming a very difficult obstacle with your guild/clan after weeks of planning and training is simply not comparable to finally getting that dragon helmet to drop.

So if you enjoy playing WITH other players and not against them, the choice is easy. If on the other hand you are incapable of cooperation and listening to others, stick to Runescape, you'll enjoy it more. I refuse to believe anyone who has tried WoW long enough to experience the mid-game would prefer Runescape (assuming they are not anti-social solo-players). Getting a trial character to level 10 does not count, you've only just finished the tutorial by then.

in my case the main reason i quit wow was that simply if i wanted to progress in the game i'd haveto donate 4 hours min per gaming session.

that way i could get a better weapon etc. then if i've played that 4 hours there is no guarantee that the weapon would've dropped, or some ninja wouldn't rolled on it and won it.

i simply could not donate 4 hours in a block of my life doing that, plus no one seemed to want my hunter anyway.

i played virtually solo till 54 then gave up.

my daughter has a druid which seems alot more wanted and successful then my hunter ever was.

rs i can play for 5 mins if i so desire. or however long i choose to play

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

in my case the main reason i quit wow was that simply if i wanted to progress in the game i'd haveto donate 4 hours min per gaming session.

that way i could get a better weapon etc. then if i've played that 4 hours there is no guarantee that the weapon would've dropped, or some ninja wouldn't rolled on it and won it.

Yeah, that's really the main problem with WoW. If you cannot dedicate longer periods of time to it, you won't really be able to enjoy the better parts of it.

I have the problem of money so I go with runescape. it has a F2P version if you don't want to play at all and both version are dam fun.

I think you have to pay a buying charge with WoW then ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã7 pounds after each month. Runescape is either free or ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.2 a month.

Costs:

Runescape = ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.2 a month = ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã38.4 per year OR FREE

WoW = Buying Cost + 60 days (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã28 on Amazon apperently) + ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã7 monthly = ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã98 per year!

sig5235ro7.jpg

wow has a horrible community. noone ever wants to have fun and its either 30 year old men dressed as elf women who havent seen the sun in a while or weird stuck up people that have no fun. plus the immature 13 yr olds

Are you kidding me? True there are 30 year old men that play WoW as Night Elf Women, but there are 30 year old men that play as women on RS. And the community is not horrible, just yesterday alone, I was trying to complete a quest, and couldn't becasue of the mobs attacking. Some random level 60 came up and stuck with me for a good 2 hours to help me. And that's not the first time, everyone on WoW seems to be really nice, I've had plenty of people just come up and ask if I want to go into a group just to get a quest done. Plus WoW is better in so many aspects:

Far bigger population, plus people are really nice.

Auctions House, go in, put an item up to be bought, leave, and when it's sold go to your mailbox and get the money. No more, "333 to buy x item," typing it non stop for about 6 1/2 minutes just to get some random person to offer you some crap. With the Auction House, you set a starting bid, and you can offer a buyout. Pretty much like eBay, true if you want to get a certain price for it, you can spend some time looking for someone to buy.

Dying = Awesome, when you die, you won't lose items, instead you're turned into a ghost and a symbol shows up on your map, you follow it and when you get close enough you are offered the option of resurrections. If you do die to many times in a short period of time you will have to wait about 20 - 30 seconds when you reach your body to come back to life. If you do not feel like finding your body or you're in place where you'll be attacked and die again automatically. You can talk to the Spirit Healer in the graveyard who will return you to life where you are, with 2 conditions. You have 2 minutes of resurrection sickness, which means all your abilities are at 75% of there potential for 2 minutes and all your armour takes a 25% hit. There are a few other ways to get resurrected, paladins, priests or druids, in your party can offer to resurrect you with no sickness and durability hit, and you will appear right next to them.

Number of different paths, you can take so many different paths, a human mage, a night elf hunter, and many more.

Level 60 cap, the kid that got 58 in the month trial, very highly doubtful, actually impossible. So try again. Also with the expansion pack coming out the cap is being raised to 70, also two new races are being added to the choice. Blood elves for the horde and I am unsure what is being added for the Alliance.

I could keep going on and on, but I won't. In short WoW is way more worth it. But of course this is my opinion.

Level 60 cap, the kid that got 58 in the month trial, very highly doubtful, actually impossible. So try again.

Nah, people have done 1-60 in >8 days. 58 is quite possible in a month, but you'll miss out on quite a bit of fun (PvP for example) during that time.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif