At least have this when people tele - Edited

Xerowingsx5k

Obviously you've never spent ages beating someone down to 0 food, wasting your own, then watched them teleport away, leaving you foodless, with nothing to show for your efforts.

Obviously, you're one of the other people, who waste pkers time by weakening them and teleporting :roll:

yes, yes i am. and i dont mind, its part of the game. if you want to cry about it, go to your mommy cause i dont like listeneing to it. next you are going to say going into the wilderness, casting confuse, weaken and curse on someone, then teleporting, is also bad. well i do that to, to random people that never did anythign bad to me. its the wilderness, if you dont like it get out.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about this idea, stop making stupid suggestions? the game is fine the way it is, just leave it like that. if you want to teleport, then do it. theres nothing cowardly about it. its part of the game.

Obviously you've never spent ages beating someone down to 0 food, wasting your own, then watched them teleport away, leaving you foodless, with nothing to show for your efforts.

Obviously, you're one of the other people, who waste pkers time by weakening them and teleporting :roll:

HeHe, I dun got used to this now, I actually look forward to them teleporting :shock:

Thats great lets have half the people who walk in the wildy not knowing what to expect now hateing andrew gower and quitting runescape that will teach them.. :roll:

Not.

Runescape is suppose to be freindly and fun.. what would there defence be when they started being jerks almost allowing for other players to think well its ok becouse they are doing it.

Wont happen and Never will happen the idea as thought up as it might be is always 1 turn in the wrong direction.. think about the end results and you will know what im talking about

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

Or (in defence of those who are smart enough to escape), "[soandso] has escaped from your clutches. How about you go earn some money like a big boy?"

whats that i smell? o its a 3 itemer teleporter in addy, i havent recognized that smell in awhile. I totally agree, itd be awesome to humiliate the ppl even more that way.

Teleporting is definatly wrong. I could understand if it was under something like 5 wilderness, but 20? that's just wrong. To actually kill someone (using f2p as an example here) it's rather tough. I'll use this example of myself and a friend chasing a level 90 something (both of us are 101).

Strart: We walk up, and attack him (he's in full rune, we're in a dragonhide/rune combo)

Chase: Almost as soon as we attacked, he ran, put on Protect from Melee

Escape: He got to level 20, after a beating through his prayer, then teleported.

Now if you're going to put on protect and try and escape, thats one thing. But using both then teleporting is just plain low. Getting from 45 wilderness to 20 wilderness really doesn't take much now with running in Rs.

The simplest solution would be those who are skulled are not allowed to teleport, or lowering the level of wilderness where people can teleport from.

Don't give me that "go pk in higher wildy" crap either, because in p2p it's the same thing. If you're in 50 some odd wilderness, you can just make a dash to the Ardounge teleport, or the Mage Arena Bank.

Perhaps another thing could be that those wearing Rune or Dragonhide couldn't teleport, as they didn't have mage clothes.

member.png

Former Leader of The Corruption

Proud Founder of The Corruption

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a

small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker

country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in

strength."

"There are only two things infinite the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not even sure about the universe."

This is Jagex game, not yours little whiners.

Wildy is set up as it is, deal with it, all you see is "OMFG I lost a kill this sux I'm gonna whine about it like a little jerk". Here's some news for you, a lot of stuff you wont like in life, whineing about it cause you don't get your own way wont change jack, get used to that.

Alternatively you could:

- Quit RS,

- Quit PKing,

- Quit crying,

- Accept it.

"There are only two things infinite the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not even sure about the universe."

Wildy is set up as it is, deal with it, all you see is "omg I lost a kill this sux I'm gonna whine about it like a little jerk". Here's some news for you, a lot of stuff you wont like in life, whineing about it cause you don't get your own way wont change jack, get used to that.

Alternatively you could:

- Quit RS,

- Quit PKing,

- Quit crying,

- Accept it.

1 - we're not trying to come across as lil whiners :\ we are expressing our oppinions on this stuff

2 - we pay jagex money to play this game and they WILL do what the majority wants so they can keep getting money

3 - stop whining about us whining lol

Also knights.. how many times you been banned from tip.it?!

As a non-pker I would love to be able to stay out the wildy but, oops, if I want to gather green or red dragon hide, white berries, mine mithril in anything approaching decent time, train agility efficiently, do Mage Arena or do Treasure Trail clues then that's my choice - risk it or miss out.

Personally I think there's nothing in RS more pathetic than some fully geared up fighter 10 or 15 levels above you deciding to kill you when you're holding only 1 item on the agility course, for example. It's the worst kind of immature testosterone overload in action. Toddler ego with a big weapon. But what can be done about that? Nothing.

The wilderness, for those who don't recall, was put into the game so people had a choice about pk-ing. This is my central complaint with all this fight/not fight issue. Now, with so many new additions that choice is severely compromised, we can avoid it but then many peaceful parts of the game are shut off to us or severly restricted. Effectively non-pkers have been forced into it, if they don't want to spend many, many extra hours using other, lesser methods. Jagex has royally screwed the balance up and I am thankful to be able to teleport so some fully armed warrior doesn't obliterate the point of the time I've just spent, by killing me when I have a pickaxe and a load of ore and not much else.

If you think this is feeble or cowardly I suggest a reality check and remember you're playing a computer game where 'valour' is all in your over-inflamed ego. You want real courage and heroism, go join the fire brigage or something! It's down to Jagex - they've severly messed up the original compromise by putting so much useful peaceful stuff out in the wildy. Give us hippy peackniks alternatives and leave those who do wish to fight to duke it out amongst themselves.

Perhaps, even, shock horror a player-combat on/off toggle so that those who don't wish to engage can make the choice. Turn it on before entering wildy and it's not allowed to be switched off till you leave, so there's no changing your mind mid-combat and turning it to Off. That way the peaceful get peace and the fighters get to fight and everyone's a bit happier - except the tossers who get off on killing someone much weaker and virtually unarmed.

As a non-pker I would love to be able to stay out the wildy but, oops, if I want to gather green or red dragon hide, white berries, mine mithril in anything approaching decent time, train agility efficiently, do Mage Arena or do Treasure Trail clues then that's my choice - risk it or miss out.

Personally I think there's nothing in RS more pathetic than some fully geared up fighter 10 or 15 levels above you deciding to kill you when you're holding only 1 item on the agility course, for example. It's the worst kind of immature testosterone overload in action. Toddler ego with a big weapon. But what can be done about that? Nothing.

The wilderness, for those who don't recall, was put into the game so people had a choice about pk-ing. This is my central complaint with all this fight/not fight issue. Now, with so many new additions that choice is severely compromised, we can avoid it but then many peaceful parts of the game are shut off to us or severly restricted. Effectively non-pkers have been forced into it, if they don't want to spend many, many extra hours using other, lesser methods. Jagex has royally screwed the balance up and I am thankful to be able to teleport so some fully armed warrior doesn't obliterate the point of the time I've just spent, by killing me when I have a pickaxe and a load of ore and not much else.

If you think this is feeble or cowardly I suggest a reality check and remember you're playing a computer game where 'valour' is all in your over-inflamed ego. You want real courage and heroism, go join the fire brigage or something! It's down to Jagex - they've severly messed up the original compromise by putting so much useful peaceful stuff out in the wildy. Give us hippy peackniks alternatives and leave those who do wish to fight to duke it out amongst themselves.

Perhaps, even, shock horror a player-combat on/off toggle so that those who don't wish to engage can make the choice. Turn it on before entering wildy and it's not allowed to be switched off till you leave, so there's no changing your mind mid-combat and turning it to Off. That way the peaceful get peace and the fighters get to fight and everyone's a bit happier - except the tossers who get off on killing someone much weaker and virtually unarmed.

Pk/Non-Pk toggle? OMG a good idea :lol:

Let me regain control of the Lumbridge cabbage patch :x :x :x

Ah yes, the good ol' days when a simple walk from Varrock to Lumby meant taking your life in your hands and, more often than not, being stuck in Lumby as you couldn't do jack without getting jumped.

I know the irony of my suggestion but, given how new additions are in many ways returning us to that situation, it seemed fair to the spirit of allowing the non-pk inclined to do just that.

you know, the olden day style could possibly work if they allowed for more switches between pk & non-pk. The thing is now, people are doing a lot more skills than they used to, so they would have to give those people a chance (maybe 2 switches per day or something).

And dying in the wilderness when you're trying to do a clue, or are mining? It doesn't bother me (i dont mine much anymore anyways), and I've died with a clue, not a huge loss. The wilderness was meant to be a place of danger, death and despair. Not a place of simplistic run, protect, teleport, nearly each and every time you attack someone.

member.png

Former Leader of The Corruption

Proud Founder of The Corruption

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a

small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker

country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in

strength."

this time your suggestion was MUCH more reasonable, i could see something like that actually work out. if they included the name of the person who teleported, you could always take a screen shot and at least get some satisfaction. since i dont pk, it wouldn't affect me any, but for those who do it might make it a little better for them. i mainly dont pk cause the system is not balanced, you still have to be a pure to be any good, and i got everything.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

this time your suggestion was MUCH more reasonable, i could see something like that actually work out. if they included the name of the person who teleported, you could always take a screen shot and at least get some satisfaction. since i dont pk, it wouldn't affect me any, but for those who do it might make it a little better for them. i mainly dont pk cause the system is not balanced, you still have to be a pure to be any good, and i got everything.

Well having it unbalanced actually helps people pk. I'm usually underestimated by the fact that I'm an archer but people who decided to stay and find out make a terrible mistake.

Back on topic, is there anyone with a problem with this suggestion, please speak out to improve it.

Proud 'The' Guardian Knight

Cmb F126 - P137 | 99/99 HP | 99/99 Str | 99/99 Atk | 99/99 Def | 99 Range | 99/99 Magic | 99/99 Prayer | 95/99 Summoning

theLogo.png

http://www.theclanrs.com/

1 - we're not trying to come across as lil whiners :\ we are expressing our oppinions on this stuff

2 - we pay jagex money to play this game and they WILL do what the majority wants so they can keep getting money

1. Tough luck, because most of you do.

"OMG, he had full god & dragon but the nub teleported, it should say n00bie escaped you cause heÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôs a tele*/make it so cant tele out of wild, is soooooooo unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Thats whineing.

2. No actually they wont, if the majoritory said put in danceing horses in pink bikinis who give you 10,000 gp every 10 seconds, you think theyÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôd stick that in?

3. Cute try.

Administrator Edit You mind with the language? :roll:

~ForsakenMage

1. Tough luck, because most of you do.

"omg, he had full god & dragon but the nub teleported, it should say n00bie escaped you cause heÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôs a tele[bleep]/make it so cant tele out of wild, is soooooooo unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Thats whineing.

2. No actually they wont, if the majoritory said put in danceing horses in pink bikinis who give you 10,000 gp every 10 seconds, you think theyÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôd stick that in?

3. Cute try. Whining and helpful complaining are two different things. Whining is just a mindless complaint with no effort to fix a problem. Helpful complaining is a complaint with the exact problem, why it is a problem, and how we can fix it.

We are not whining. We are complaining in a helpful manner. We are stating that the state of the wilderness is imbalanced. Jagex had clearly stated that it was supposed to be a land of danger and risks the further you go into the deep wilderness. However, the risk is reduced drastically because teleportation is added. We don't need a non-pker vs. pker flame war. If you can't contribute an opinion in a civilized manner then you should not be talking. Take bluerose13x's point for instance. She has brought up a very strong arguement without flaming the hell out of us pkers.

Proud 'The' Guardian Knight

Cmb F126 - P137 | 99/99 HP | 99/99 Str | 99/99 Atk | 99/99 Def | 99 Range | 99/99 Magic | 99/99 Prayer | 95/99 Summoning

theLogo.png

http://www.theclanrs.com/

I doubt the message "The coward Ubernoober has escaped from you with a teleportation spell." is going to humiliate anyone, much less someone who teleports from fights regularly...And why don't you go PK in a higher wilderness level where they can't teleport anymore?

Because people run south like sissies then teleport

What really worries me, is that soon the majority of RS will be the kind of people who suggest dancing horses in pink bikinies who give you 10,000gp every 10 seconds. RS is attracting too many n00bs

Simple way to deal with teleporters is to make it: Skull = No Teleport allowed.

People doing clues, mining, training or collecting have the ability to use the same system of running and teleporting as now [allowing for some danger, the wild shouldn't be a cake walk]. People out PKing will be unable to teleport once they skull, meaning no PKer can attack and run away to level 20 wilderness and tele when things don't go their way.

You skull on someone, you know the risks and you are no longer allowed any easy way out.

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

Wildy is set up as it is, deal with it, all you see is "omg I lost a kill this sux I'm gonna whine about it like a little jerk". Here's some news for you, a lot of stuff you wont like in life, whineing about it cause you don't get your own way wont change jack, get used to that.

Alternatively you could:

- Quit RS,

- Quit PKing,

- Quit crying,

- Accept it.

you can't just get up and quit something you like. i have an issue with one thing i like, i might as well quit. that's an idiotic thing to do, why leave something you still enjoy?

• 1 year later...

Ah yes, the good ol' days when a simple walk from Varrock to Lumby meant taking your life in your hands and, more often than not, being stuck in Lumby as you couldn't do jack without getting jumped.

1I know the irony of my suggestion but, given how new additions are in many ways returning us to that situation, it seemed fair to the spirit of allowing the non-pk inclined to do just that.

Mmmmm.. good times.. i remember when whole clans would camp the gates entering varrock, that was HELL trying to get through ><

Glad to see you posting on here, bluerose :)

Edit:

Also knights.. how many times you been banned from tip.it?!

1. How wrong, can you freaking be. You ARE coming across as whiners, "OH NOES I LOST MY 150k KILL TO A GAME MECHANIC USER! I WISH I GOT THAT KILL REEEEEL BAD!!! LET'S GO RANT ON SOME FORUM ABOUT IT!!!" <- Whining.

2. BOW TO THE MIGHT OF A SCORE OR TWO OF PEOPLE QUITTING! WE HOLD YOUR COMPANY BY THE BALLS, JAGEX!!!! <- Is that what you're trying to say? that jagex WILL do whatever the public wants? where's the D2H everyone and their cousin/uncle/brother has asked for, then?

3. No one's whining about your whining. You just need to shut up, because who really cares about people teleporting? Pkers? Like someone said:

1. Quit RS

2. Quit Pking

3. Accept it.

Lastly, i believe that everyone who agreed with all the flaming and ranting about people teleporting in the wilderness, should either get members+85 or higher magic, and stop typing these [developmentally delayed]ed rants :?

Personally I think all teleportation spells should be valued at level 60 magic or over, so only mages can teleport. =)

That would certainly make my life easier!

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Simple way to deal with teleporters is to make it: Skull = No Teleport allowed.

how about a completely innocent abyss RC'er (skulled by the zamorakian magic) with 20 mages camping at the zamorakian mage on his tail? when the poor guy helplessly trys to click his ectophial a message "you cant teleport when skulled" pops up? yes thats fair.

Personally I think all teleportation spells should be valued at level 60 magic or over, so only mages can teleport. =)

That would certainly make my life easier!

say that gives me an idea!

two sets of teleports for every telespell, one thats used in non-wildy areas, which are generally lower leveled, and then higher leveled "Wilderness Teleports", which require +65-70 magic, and maybe an extra law or two (but give the same exp as the lower leveled versions).

These are my suggestions of stopping this. I am also a PKer and anoyyed at all these people who teleport when their food runs out. Even at level 48 wilderness they run down and teleport.

Possibilities to prevent this:

1) Removed all teleportation from the wilderness. So you cannot teleport while in the wilderness.

2) Make it so that they cannot teleport within 10 seconds of being attacked (like logging out)

3) Make the teleportation spells in the wilderness much higher, like 60+ magic, so less people can teleport while in the wilderness.

4) Make it so that in the wilderness those who are skulled cannot teleport.

5) Make it so you gain run energy much less than usual in the wilderness. Agility levels are excluded completely as if everyone had level 1 agility.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png