How do you think humans will evolve in the near 10000 years?

Chaos_Reborn

If we assume that the largest enviromental change is that the average temperature increases by 10 Celsius (50 Fahrenheit)?

The biggest change would be that the sea level will increase, thus draining a lot of land.

How do you think humans would live and how would their body structure change?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not by much. Humans have got to a point now whereby we simply change our environment to suit us rather than adapting ourselves to suit the environment.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I suppose we'd get a bit cleverer and perhaps look a little different through the more successful of us (in whatever way) breeding more. I don't really see our having to adapt to the environment happening much.

Now, if only the aliens would come down and force the most intelligent of us to pair off and mate continuously (I'm paraphrasing -- I don't consider myself on of those who would be forced into mating) -- that'd speed things up a bit.

Now, if only the aliens would come down and force the most intelligent of us to pair off and mate continuously (I'm paraphrasing -- I don't consider myself on of those who would be forced into mating) -- that'd speed things up a bit.

And if they happen to all be relatives? So be it?

knkcopy.jpg

Erm.. Why make a new topic, search and you will find a handful of of these.

Anyway it takes millions of years for anything to evolve... I think after a few million years we will grow taller and become smarter, as that is what has happened up as man has evolved. Look at the picture below:

evolve2vz.png

sig5235ro7.jpg

[i think] when we arrived year 3000 there wont be anyone alive,

due to the (earth warming?) thing, stuffed gasses in the atmosphere,

you know, caused by cars.

(there are scientist who say that in 54 years all the ice has melted, north and southpole will dissapear. if they are wrong, it will happen in 70 years.)

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

(there are scientist who say that in 54 years all the ice has melted, north and southpole will dissapear. if they are wrong, it will happen in 70 years.)

Don't forgot the supernova of the sun :o

That'll pretty much wipe out the solar system.

knkcopy.jpg

Don't forgot the supernova of the sun :o

That'll pretty much wipe out the solar system.

But the supernova only will happens in billions of years... by 1000 years a cosmic cloud will englobe the earth making it all die!

~komodo

komododabst3cn.png

Maybe we'll grow taller.

Maybe we won't have wisdom teeth anymore - however I dont' think people with wisdom teeth are going to be facing any serious survival problems so maybe wisdom teeth will never really die out.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I'll be dead and most likely will be my entire lineage, so honestly I don't care. As long as the species is still alive and kicking, Godspeed.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Our sun won't turn into a supernova, ever.

You dont know nothing lol. All stars (even our sun) will run out of Hydrogen and then it collaspes on itself (somethnig like that) and it makes so much pressure and heat that it goes boom. (It's something like that, I forgot it since my Astromy class) But that'll take a lot of years. Thinking the size of our sun, and the sizes of hydrogen atoms.

I think the human race will live for a lot longer. I think they'll make like a space station on the moon and such. When Earth ain't habitable we all move there. With artifical gravity. You may say this is impossible, but going to space was impossible, splitting a atom's nulcus (H-bomb) was impossible, flying was impossible. That what I think.

That, or in the future US has a war with some country and we have another president like Bush and will nuke the crap outta the other county which will shoot missiles at us and pretty much spread radiation around the world and kill us all.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Our sun won't turn into a supernova, ever.

You dont know nothing lol. All stars (even our sun) will run out of Hydrogen and then it collaspes on itself (somethnig like that) and it makes so much pressure and heat that it goes boom. (It's something like that, I forgot it since my Astromy class) But that'll take a lot of years. Thinking the size of our sun, and the sizes of hydrogen atoms.

Nope, our sun will swell up once it runs out of hydrogen at its center, but no supernova explosion.

Speaking of not knowing anything, do yourself a favour and look up what a supernova is. Taking a trip down memory lane isn't a reliable source of information.

I suppose we'd get a bit cleverer and perhaps look a little different through the more successful of us (in whatever way) breeding more. I don't really see our having to adapt to the environment happening much.

Hitler did that, so i don't think we need aliens to force us do that.

From what in understand our next evolution will be that we won't have our little toes. Oh the horror of 4 toed feet. Apperently we don't use them at all. Read this somewhere its not like i am guessing.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com