advice to get my ideal weight

Babyshambles

How old are you? Try some healthy snacks (raisins etc.) You're not drastically underweight though by the sounds of it though, so i wouldn't worry too much about gaining those extra few pounds.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

eat.
/yourself?

In all honesty, I agree with assassin_696. You weight about as much as I did when I was 14.

And chances are you got a fast metabolism, so you'll really need to work at gaining weight no matter which option you take.

If you want to gain pounds, eat chocolate. If you want to lose, exercise and eat healty. You better wait until you're 18 like he said, to see if you're underweight.

P.S Drink H2O

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

If you want to gain pounds, eat chocolate. If you want to lose, exercise and eat healty. You better wait until you're 18 like he said, to see if you're underweight.

P.S Drink H2O

Yes, great idea if you want to gain FAT.

Lift weights and eat a ton of pasta/meat...that'll get you beefy in no time.

The thing is, you don't want to just gain fat. Thus you have to lift weights or do some sort of training to gain muscle mass...

But honestly, if you're 14, I wouldn't care too much. Depending on several factors, you'll *probably* fill out in a few years...

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

It also depends on how tall you are. I'm currently 15 and weigh 126 pounds - I'm naturally muscular somewhat, and I do crunches, running and push-ups. Some people are just built differently. You probably have a crazy matabolism, so it's more likely for you to gain weight through muscle. You don't have to be chunky to be strong either.

Fear teh uber leaness >,<

MOD EDIT: Offensive text removed.

woot! someone with close to the same body type as me! yeah, just do what these people have said, it should all work out fine. that and waiting. you've got plenty of time before you'll really need to worry about your weight. just take it easy and don't do anything stupid. like drugs. those seriously will screw a lot of things up.

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

Ditto on what others have said. Give about 3-5 years, and you'll fill out.

Body type is also a factor, and your training should be influenced by your type.

You could be an ectomorph (ruler-shaped) for all I know-- if that turns out to be the case even after you fill out a little, I'd say enjoy it and don't worry about putting on mass. Running, jogging, swimming, and track sports will come easier to you than some others.

I find it funny how most teenagers want to be heavier and stronger, even if it means being a bit bulkier, then when they become adults then just want to lose weight :P

If you're 14 it sounds like you've just a fast metabolism, which is actually a good thing to have. You'll fill out, don't worry about it.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Of course if you end up really needing to fill out, there's always snickers pie...

Snickers pie is 'unhealthiest ever'

CELEBRITY chef Antony Worrall Thompson's recipe for Snickers pie is one of the unhealthiest ever published, an independent food watchdog said.

A single slice of the rich dessert contains more than 1,250 calories, according to the Food Commission's calculations.

The pudding combines five Snickers bars with mascarpone, eggs, sugar, soft cheese and puff pastry.

Each serving contains the equivalent of 22 teaspoons of fat and 11 teaspoons of sugar, the Food Commission said.

The recipe, which appears on the BBC website, is featured in Food magazine, published by the Food Commission.

An article alongside it states: "Professional chefs know only too well that customers often put taste before health when ordering dishes in restaurants.

"Salt, sugar and fats are used in copious quantities to ensure that diners get their taste buds well and truly tickled."

It continues: "We've calculated that a single slice of this calorific pudding will provide over 1,250 calories from sugar and fat alone - a serving equivalent to around 22 teaspoons of fat and 11 teaspoons of sugar.

"We love a decent dessert as much as anyone, but surely this has to be one of the most unhealthy recipes ever published?!"

The Snickers pie recipe was included in the celebrity chef's Saturday Kitchen BBC television show more than two years ago.

Responding to the Food magazine article, Mr Worrall Thompson said the dessert had been intended as a special treat for a children's party.

"Obviously this goes straight on the hips and is not for regular use," he said.

"We are not encouraging people to do this all the time. My message is don't exclude any food groups. We try to tell everyone to eat in moderation and nothing in excess."

Mr Worrall Thompson, owner of London's Notting Grill and Kew Grill, said the Snickers pie was intended as an occasional treat.

"On Saturday mornings we attract children to the programme and from time to time you have to make them feel as though they are being looked after as well as the health police," he added.

"Kids have to be allowed to be kids from time to time. I think prohibition is when you start getting kids eating behind your back. It is better to give them a treat from time to time."

The celebrity chef, whose books include Antony Worrall Thompson's GL Diet Made Simple, said he had asked the BBC to add a "health warning" to the recipe on its website.

Food magazine is appealing for readers who root out recipes which are more unhealthy than the Snickers pie to send them in.

Snickers pie recipe

Serves 4

Preparation time less than 30 minutes.

Cooking time 30 minutes to one hour.

Ingredients

1 packet puff pastry

140g/5oz mascarpone

110g/4oz soft cheese

50g/2oz caster sugar

3 eggs

5 Snickers bars, chopped roughly

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400/Gas 6.

2. Roll pastry to 3-4mm thick and use to line a 20cm/8in fluted tart tin.

3. Beat the mascarpone, soft cheese and sugar together in a large bowl, until smooth.

4. Beat in eggs, one at a time.

5. Add the Snickers bars and fold in.

6. Pour into a lined tart tin, and spread to the edges.

7. Place in the oven for 10 minutes, then lower to 180C/350/Gas 4 for a further 25 minutes

until golden and set. Allow to cool before serving.