firemaking? whats the point

ikraz66

Guest TaDaraCampbell
the skill is here

no way it will leave, so...train it

training tip: mine yews,sell them for 300 ea, with every yew u can buy 10 willows. burn the willows

can u explain how to mine a yew tree? im guessing u just mis-typed lol, since i noticed u like mining a lot

• 2 weeks later...

I also see Jagex giving something new to Firemaking. Making it possible to use Greek Fire. Using fire in Castle Wars. There was a great suggestion that's been running a long time on TONS of new uses for firemaking.

However, it will not benefit F2Pers.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow Knows

RS will never get rid of this cool skill!

A mad scientist in the attic, the owner is a vampire that dwells in the basement, a witch, skeletons, ghosts....

And you thought YOUR neighbors were weird!

I dont mind firemaking, nevger affected me...

But I must admit, I did enjoy when I burned down Varrock, and the TET Fire Fest.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I wish we could set tree's on fire too, no need to cut them down, but that's just some sick idea of mine.

ehh... i like that idea... :lol:

i like it too O:)

newbankofrsyq0.gif

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2306/1kw4.gif[/img]

~ÃÆââ¬Â Ã¢ââ‰â¢ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡ÃâìÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¦R ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâàHÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâöNÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÃ

its useless becuz the other skills started out pretty bad too but they kept getting improved uponand left firemaking in the dark ages (get it? a pun, cuz fire creates light and i said dark ages- o u dont care) they will have to improve it or people like u will keep complaining

runescape is set in the dark ages...thats why we have firemaking...rather than electricity...but good pun anyways man (btw im the pun master...i keep a loaded pun on me at all times)

firemaking is a usefull skill...and i find that willows do burn longer than normal logs (or they seemed to when i was using them to cook).

all the members stuff like shade burning, lanterns, mining helms etc etc are useful so therefore so is firemaking.

like someone else said a lvl 99 fmer is better than a lvl 1 fmer as they can do anything fire related...and im sure thats got its perks.

everyone plays runescape for different things...to a pure combat account firemaking couldnt be more useless...to a fishing/cooking account its a bit more useful (specially somewhere like karambja which has no range) get my point? just because theres something on runescape that you dont do and have no intention of doing doesnt mean that someone somewhere doesnt really really really enjoy it...like Empror1 lol (number 1 in fire making with 200,000,000 exp).

no one skill is better than the rest...

weednbkdq9copyhz4.jpg

Empire Mind:Nbk killed your clan.

NATURAL BORN KILLERS

JUST LIKE THAT

Higher level logs such as yews do not burn any longer than regular logs. This really doesn't make much sense, since hardwoods burn longer in reality (hardwoods being more difficult to cut). I would like to see some sort of update to reflect this in the game because it does make high level log burning pointless other than for gaining xp.

I think there are any number of ways this skill could be expanded, and I've put much thought into it in the past. Here are some of my ideas...

• Ability to light certain logs without a tinder box once a given level is achieved

More consistant cooking on higher level logs

Different log fires identifiable by slight variation in fire color

Lighting arrows to increase damage from ranging

Funeral pyre, in which you can burn a number of bones at once

Here's some quest related ideas that involve firemaking. There could be a quest in a cold region of the map, where you have to light a stove for heat. If the stove isn't lit, you take damage from cold, so a high firemaking level would be imperitive for the quest. Currently there isn't really any consideration given to one of the most important reasons early humans started fires, to stay warm.

A quest in which you must destroy a quantity of things by burning them. For instance some sort of disease afflicts a town, and you have to burn the infected clothing to prevent it's spread. Perhaps for this, a bonfire could become a separate type of fire to light, requiring more logs.

There is no limit to expandsion of the firemaking skill. Firemaking would be an essential skill in an environment and timeframe such as runescape. In medieval times, if you weren't skillful at making fires to cook your food or heat your home you would have died, that's how vital this skill would be. I think the firemaking skill needs to be expanded to reflect the indispensability of it, not removed from the game.

Removing firemaking because it has few uses in the game currently would be like saying you want your legs amputated because you're sitting down right now. You plan on standing up again, so you're going to want those legs, and firemaking will be used for more purposes (I hope), so we need to keep it in the game.

higher level logs burn longer then reg

I dont like firemaking, i think it the most boring/useless skill on the game. I wouldnt object if they got rid of it.

Ouch. Although to some useless i find Firemaking to be one of my favorite skill, it is a good way to raise total lvl as well as gain quick exp. other than that i guess it really doesn't serve much of a purpose though.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

• 4 weeks later...
training tip: mine yews

Something tells me you got something a little wrong here...

On topic: Yup, firemaking needs a super-quest to make it better, yeah, a super-quest would be nice.

^^^Siggied^^^:)

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

Just update it, don't remove it.

That amputate your legs because you are sitting is a good analogy :)

Who hasn't wanted to start a huge fire in the middle of varrok castle's court yard (the one with all the guards) and ahve them all come after you yelling "Hey! What do you think your doing!?

its meant to be a portable range, when would us f2p fishers be if there was no firemaking an we were fishing lobbies on karajima?

That's just it the only use for a fire is to cook stuff on, so normal logs r the only logs really needed, and p2p needs it alot more than f2p so just have like a permanent fire going near the fishing dock on Karamja and other fishing spots that aren't near ranges and the f2p are fine, fming doesn't make money for f2p and is near useless except for cooking.

rule the seas is a cool mmorpg register through here: http://www.ruletheseas.com/index.php?r=50338

having a 99 skill within 100 hours training isnt that bad...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

its meant to be a portable range, when would us f2p fishers be if there was no firemaking an we were fishing lobbies on karajima?
you could always be like me and use the range in port sarim. Its a short walk from the lobby docks and you burn less food. Or you could wait for someone else to light a fire.

Btw, i didn't suggest we get rid of the firemaking skill, only make it better. I think i'd be pretty annoyed if i spend time and money raising the firemaking skill to 99 and then they got rid of it. :boohoo: I don't want to make fires just for the exp.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

you could always be like me and use the range in port sarim. Its a short walk from the lobby docks and you burn less food. Or you could wait for someone else to light a fire.

Btw, i didn't suggest we get rid of the firemaking skill, only make it better. I think i'd be pretty annoyed if i spend time and money raising the firemaking skill to 99 and then they got rid of it. :boohoo: I don't want to make fires just for the exp.

what do you want to do, make an omlet and throw it at noobs?Its firemaking its not supposed to do much. I agreee more should be added, but its firemakeing. You cant improve much.

However I did have an idea. Its called the firekit. You can store up to 5 logs in it, and doubles as a tinderbox. Oh and you must have 40 firemaking to use it and can only have 1 (so you cant get140 yew logs in 1 trip :thumbsup: ) The higher your firemaking, the more logs you can hold. You can also store 1 axe in the kit. Obviously this would be p2p, but Id like it too be f2p so i can use it :D

Suggestions?