Defense pures, worth the time and effort?

un4given

Ok thanks for the advice...I'll be sure to keep them in mind. :wink:

Now the new minigame makes it a TON easier after lvl 25 defense. =]

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Tank rangers/mages been around for a long time and they still strong. Some of the best would be Enrix E B (although att+str is one lvl too high) and Icys Back.

mahasig95magicho6.gif

Proud co-leader of the Mayhem Makers, Runescape's best pure pking clan

Combat 97 - Str 99 - Att 93 - Hits 97 - Pray 52 - Ranged 95 - Magic 99

I Mahatma I - Thanks Misterxman for the great sig

i dont really have a def pure but with high def and high mage u can make one hell of a tank mage.

and people talk about the new minigame but who would pay ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 or $5.00 just to build a pretty much useless account

platedol05se.png

A fun little project i had, to bad the name is stoopid now :lol:

I think the def pures are a thing to do when you are bored but quite useless.

don't you get attack exp for doing dragon slayer?

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

Iver got a defence pure. Name is d a n a g o.

Stats:

96 mage

84 range (got arrows for 90+)

83 defence

79 attack

66 strength

89 combat

Originally, it was a melee staker, hence the low strength. When i started to get bored of staking, i decided to try pking. With the high attack and defence, i made almost everyone (except mages) run, because they would be hitting constant 0's, while im hitting pretty good with my attack, but i was hitting low, so i couldnt KO anyone.

Then i decided to raise magic. Got that to 96, then raised range. Now, it makes a really good pking account. I just go out with mage short, full ahrims, and ice barrages. I can super def pot to about 100 defence, which is pretty good for a level 89 8)

So yea. If youre gonna make a defence pure, make sure it has range and/or mage (preferably both).

ive got a lv 18 in rune with a scythe.. you wouldnt believe the amounts of people reporting me for hacking and such. fun characters to make, but you will probably regret it afterwards for the amount of time you have to invest in them.

also have a lv 15 that wields rune weapons, and a lv 23(now 33 after rs2 update) that wears rune plates... its too bad you can do dragon slayer at a lower level now, i really liked having a lv 23 in rune plate :cry:

anyways, its just someting to do for fun, do it if you are bored with RS currently and if you arnt a member (members have endless things to do)

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

I'm making a mage pure (34cb with 52 magic atm) and im in serious doubt, Am I gona give him 40 def or not. when i reach 53 mage im gona train range till 50 the i gained 1 cb lv and 4 hp levels but should i get 40 def on that or just keep it 1. I know a lv 100 cb range based with 99 range and 99 def and thats just ownage in p2p wild.

newsigforumsmall9ib.jpg

• 1 month later...

I started my def pure as a project to make a punchbag to take all the damage in a PK-team.

While there has been very little PK'ing. It's been fun making people gawk at my lvl 17 (think it was) in full rune. She got quite some attention at full addy. The sad part is, people are getting used to def pures.

Her stats are:

att 10

str 1

def 52

hp 41

1's on every other fighting stat. Combat lvl 26.

I raised her to 5 att, hoping the steel scimmy would be better than silverlight. The rest is only due to mistakes. :cry:

The worst part is reaching 60 will take 2,5 times more time.

However, she CAN hit 2's with strength potions. She strolls around the deadly red spiders picking spider eggs with ease :-) :wink:

And I HAVE actually PK'd a guy in wildy with her. But that was pure luck.

killa9mn.gif

I have been thinking of mining in wildy, but I don't have the patience to lvl mining.

I was looking through the forums at members items, and am wondering if anyone could tell me what weapons or other equipment (members) that a pure def could wield that could be of use.

[Now with pure I mean 1 att 1 str, or at least max 10 att 10 str]

ALSO: what minigame?! Plz tell me! :) It could be worth $5 just to lvl a decent def pure.

My friend was level 17 with full Zammy (except plate).

We would fish, and people would swarm around be like 'OMG H4x0rz!'

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

def pures = pointless if you mean the lvl 40 def at lvl 18 combat type

now there are some others that are classifyed under def pures like stakers these guys normally have 70+ att 50+ str 70+ def which means they hit alot don't get hit much and can hit resonalbly high against other who try and kill them... normally because they can't get k0's they stick to stakeing and not much pking unless they have high mage or range

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

I guess the biggest problem with making a def pure is that you can only hit 1 damage. How about training range too, but on long range style? You get def xp that way, although you won't be the lowest level to wear rune or dragon. With the high range level, maybe supported by a high mage level you might be a decent pker. More so with the mage levels since people can't hit you with mage or with melee :D

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

The only reason I would do it was for the hell of having full rune at combat level 17-18, as it wouldn't serve that much of a practical PKing purpose with 1 attack, 1 strength, and 40 defense.

'Just sit there for an hour, I'll kill you with my 1-hits eventually!'

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

Ok, but are there any p2p equipment that would make it easier to lvl a 1att 1str 1range 1mage 1prayer def pure?

The minigame looks promising. It's not a whole lot of xp, but decent. I guess the def pure would have to rebuild defences to earn points, as she/he would probably not reach the 250hp damage required to share in the earned points.

lol. Ill post a pic of my noob, but im prob gonna get 5 attack and 5 str just to get a little better hits...k, i dug it up, took me an hour to get 15 def because i had to merhant with 25gp rofl=

defnooooob.bmp.jpg

I dont know why i put nfs...

brandonssx.png