OMG! Stop the GP inflation!

Myweponsg00d

What is Jagex thinking? At Pest Patrol I got 100k gp in a single hour. I would not be surprised if 10-100M+ was already spawned into the game...

EDIT: Okay, so a day has passed now, and they adjusted the GP. Its still spawning in like...30k per player per hour at the most. Big deal? Not really I guess...but how is it necessary?

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fearspudgod, I know that alching does the same thing. MANY things in the game do the same thing. However, excess gp is really starting to cause economic problems now...and they decide to throw in ANOTHER gp spawn. However, this one is of MASSIVE scale with hundreds of people pulling in 50k-100k per hour...and they dont even have to spend any resources!

At least with alching you need to use nature runes and yew long bows.

In this game you just go in and fight...you dont even need food if youre high enough level.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

weaposisgood, i think you just made this pest control minigame 100 times more interesting than before. i'm not big on updates really, but if i can make 100k per hour fighting stuff at no risk, then you bet ill be there :lol: thanks!

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

It doesn't really matter, now that they screwed the exp, I'm sure that the high levels will stop playing it, and as the low levels (who have no other way to get cash and so they are still playing it) are too weak the win, game will die.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

Hmm...well, I think theyve made some adjustments. Now it seems that my hourly figure is about 50-60k per hour at the most. However, you still get all that free combat exp, and I traded in my points for 15k free magic exp.

Myweponsgood.gif

From what I saw the GP reward is reduced by 75% and the XP reward by 50%, compared to the initial rewards.

Also, gp inflation? Doesn't gold become less valuable if more is spawned into the game? <_<

AllBogs, you can look at it two ways. The value of the gp DOES decrease. Now from one point of view, this could be called deflation of value.

However, what I am referring to is an inflation of the economy. If gold is less valuable, it will take more gold to buy items (items mainly affected by this are party hats, prayer pots, dragon bones, "high level" items) This is called a price inflation.

Ummm...I'm PRETTY sure all of this information is correct, but if anyone knows better, please correct me. (Dont be a jerk about it, I'm admitting that I'm not exactly sure on this)

Myweponsgood.gif

Yes it does. Kind of like the dollar would if the U.S. decided to mint another million dollars without having the gold (which is the back bone of all currency) to back it up. Thing with a "virtual world" is that there's nothing like that to back up the value of 1 gp like a dollar. An extremly excessive amount of gp can be pumped into the game at any time since there is nothing to keep it in check. ***I got pulled away from the computer and have lost my train of thought, will finish post later ***

(now some1 quote me and add me to ur sig)

Wikipedia is evil and should never be used as a sole source of information.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Yes it does. Kind of like the dollar would if the U.S. decided to mint another million dollars without having the gold (which is the back bone of all currency) to back it up. Thing with a "virtual world" is that there's nothing like that to back up the value of 1 gp like a dollar. An extremly excessive amount of gp can be pumped into the game at any time since there is nothing to keep it in check. ***I got pulled away from the computer and have lost my train of thought, will finish post later ***

actually, the us dollar hasnt been backed by gold for ages. yes, the gold in fort knox was originally the anchor of the currency, and still is, to a certain extent. now the dollar is more dependent on oil trade and foreign debt than on gold

but thats another discussion entirely...

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Yes it does. Kind of like the dollar would if the U.S. decided to mint another million dollars without having the gold (which is the back bone of all currency) to back it up.

The US dollar is no longer backed by gold. It is a fiat currency. Additionally the Federal Reserve Bank (a private company which prints money and sells it to the US government) no longer has to report how much money it's printed -- so we no longer really know how much is in circulation.

Long term, every fiat currency has inflated, hyperinflated and collapsed. The dollar appears to be headed that way.

PM me if you're interested in economics and I'll send you some links to some interesting sites.

hugh_mannity.png

Well look at it this way for a second.

There are four basic item types which are affected they are.

1. Reusable items-rune armor, rare drops, any wepons or armor<>drop in value as more are added but none are takin away.

2. GP-overall value drops. however it rises when compared to type 1 items

3. Rares-value doesn't change<>price increases due to decrease in GP value

4. non-reusable items-food, ores, runes, anything that gets alched<>this have a stable value like rares or even increase as more players reach lvls that need them.

As you can see the problem is that items become devalued at uneven rates. Simply being devalued is'nt a problem.

you have to remember that inflation is not only dependent on the amount of gp/currency in the economy, but rather the amout of gp per person. the runscape population grows steadily, and the rate the population increases absorbs some of the inflation. things like rune plates are always increasing, but so are the number of players that complete dragon slayer. so even though the supply in creases, the demand also increases, and inflation doesnt affect it as much

compare that to the effect of rares. not only is a rare limited in supply, it is also a super-secure investment: no matter WHAT you pay for it, you can be guarantted to resell it for more. so the demand for such an item will always increase. this is a type of articficial inflation, because the worth of the phats havent changed. but because the demand is extremely high, people are hilg-alching and merchanting just to afford them, and adding gp to the economy at a rate that would not happen if rares didnt exist. in fact, merchanting would be very different today if there were no rares in the first place. and i can bet that there would not be nearly as much gp in the economy as there is now

ill bet all my santas and p hats that nothing big will change

look year or two back. how much raw matterials like coal iron lobs ess and such. yes they increasing. so far at slow rate, later it will be worse.

you remmeber pray pots being sold for 5k? i do, now i'm lucky if i find seller that asks 2k per dose. ranars goes very easy for 6k. look at forums, there is lots of ppl buying and selling ranars for 7k a piece. things getting more expensive and this raise is exponential. more gold flowing into economy at faster rate, as more players reaching lvl 65 mage for high-alching. got o edge, any given day/time/world you can find at least 1 high alcher there.

we need seriuos cash pump of economy to stabilize it before colapse :)

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Doesn't have much affect on the game I suppose. There are many easier ways to make money and gain xp and the minigame will probably be mostly deserted in few weeks unless they make it easier to teleport there or something similar like dueling rings. It's just a game btw. :roll:

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

What is Jagex thinking? At Pest Patrol I got 100k gp in a single hour. I would not be surprised if 10-100M+ was already spawned into the game...

Your just jealous now that noobs can earn alot of cash, unlike you filthy merchants :x

runescape suffers from very little inflation, the rise in prices of rares and disposable items is matched by the ever decresing prices of perminant items such as armour, this is ture as inflation is definded as the percistant rise in AVERAGE prices over a period of time

Barrows drops to date: ahrim's skirt, hood and top x 5. Dharoks legs top x 2 and helm. Guthan's legs and plate. torags plate x 2. verc's flail skirt brassard x 2. karil's x bow coif and top

1st d drop 03/03/06 d med in barrows