The Sunday Times rich list

jimbob9999

While browsing through the Rich List I found this entry under the 100 richest young people (page 78.)

#10 = ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã32m

Andrew,27, and Paul, 29, Gower. Computer games. Cambridge graduate Andrew invented the popular Runescape game, played online through subscription, which is taking on the sector's big beasts such as Sony. He created the role-playing game while at university and then operated it from his bedroom at his parents' house in Nottingham. The brothers own 79% of their company, Jagex, whose ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã2.7m profit on ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã5.2m sales in 2005 values it at ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã40m. With past dividends, the enterprising Gowers are worth ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã32m. (new entry)

I was amazed when I saw this, espicially considering Prince William and Prince Harry are also worth ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã32 million.

If you want to check this it's on page 78, but I for one never realised they were so rich.

Opinions?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not actually that suprised

they have 600k active member rite probably more by now

times by 5= $3 million usd a month

times by 12=$36 million usd a year so asumming they made 36 usd dollars in the past year (dont now how many punds that is?) they could of made that is 1 and a half years if they didnt have to pay for anything (staff and maitance)

jsmith3.png

I was bit suprised too, but people who have made great inventions and created great things like Gower brothers deserve their wealth and gets my respect. Unlike people whose grandpas get my respect.

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

Well, I didn't see that coming.

They're just, rich :shock:

Makes you wanna be a game developper doesn't it :-)

I know what I know and what I know might well not be what you want to know but then seeing as only I know what I know and you do not know what I know then you will not know if what I know is what you would like to know

They're number ten under the 100 richest young people, the 10th richest person in Britain is ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã2856 million!

I don't actually think they're quite in the top 1000, but still, I can't quite believe Jagex is worth ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã40 million, I know where I'll be looking if I'm ever wants some stocks and shares :)

OMG! were all making Jagex Rich!!!

We better stop.... :roll: never gonna happen to me =P to addictive

Well in that case... *cancels membership*

So with every update they mess up the game a bit more, they stick more and more dipsh** up our as***, they dont do what we want, we only have half the servers f2p have and they ruin our fun and we still continue to make them rich... life sox :lol: :lol: :lol:

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

Wow, thats sweet!!! I cant bealeve that they make so much money, since they spend alot on severs, updates, and other workers. But thats cool, but they should spend more on rs and not their lives :lol:

But i didnt know that Andrew and paul were bros :oops:

omg lol there must be more members than i thought!!!!!! if they've only been doing Rs members for 3 years? thats like an average earning of 10 million+ a year! which at 3 quid 20 a member is like 3 million members!!!! i know they make money off ads but i doubt that they make even a million a year probably only a few houndred thousand!!! geese they are rich!

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....