24 April 2006 - Wilderness graphical update

xXru1n3dXx

Wilderness Update

We are continuing to improve the graphical look of our older areas of map to bring them up to the same standards as the new areas we've been developing. This week we've updated the graphics throughout the Wilderness, so if you're feeling particularly brave, check out the new lava areas, castles and an extremely fiery volcano.

To help you get around all of this, we've also introduced some new teleportation portals. The portals act as a new way of travelling around the Wilderness, but be careful: Once they're activated, there will be a short pause after which everyone in the immediate area will be transported to another portal, so don't rely on them to get you out of trouble. You may find that trouble follows you through... and you might end up in a higher level of Wilderness!

Battle Tortoises

The ingenious gnomes are continuing to come up with new ways to battle the Khazard troops. Now they've started breeding battle tortoises at the Stronghold. These armoured tanks, mounted by gnomic magi and rangers, are sure to be quite a challenge for General Khazard and his troops. They've already trundled some of them out onto the battlefield south-west of Ardougne.

Adjustments to Pest Control

We've made some adjustments to the Pest Control minigame we released last week.

Firstly, the game has also been encountering issues where people turned up at the island with no intentions of helping to win, but just to stand around and get the rewards due to the efforts of their teammates. This is clearly not in the spirit of the game, therefore you now need to have dealt at least 80 points of damage over the course of a game to get a reward.

Secondly, we've put in a level 40 combat requirement to board the lander and play the game. Each player in a game of Pest Control increases the number of monsters in the game. As a lot of the monsters are pretty tough, this meant that it was extremely hard for lower level players to contribute enough to the team effort to make up for the added difficulty their presence had created.

We've also made it so that if more than 25 people board the lander, the people left behind will be given priority in being transported to the island on the next game.

We are planning some more changes, most significantly the ability to spend your Void Knight Commendation points on a greater variety of things than just combat xp. Taking a cue from the popularity of decorative armour from Castlewars, we are planning to make it so that you can earn that cool looking equipment you may have seen the Void Knights wearing.

If you're wondering about the Wilderness Tag minigame we mentioned in the monthly Behind the Scenes announcement, we've put that on hold for the moment. We felt that it could do with adjustments to make it enjoyable enough to meet your high standards.

I really hope these wild portals dont screw the place up.

So.. That whole essence thing was COMPLETELY worthless now? Gee, thanks Jagex! *runs to watch all the autoers continue to get rich off any kind of ess they can manage to get their hands on*

Smooth. GJ on the void knight minigame though, no more freeloadin' in the boat haha.

I definitely love the new loading screen with your login info etc. Looks AMAZING compared to the trash it was. :P

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Adjustments to Pest Control

We've made some adjustments to the Pest Control minigame we released last week.

Firstly, the game has also been encountering issues where people turned up at the island with no intentions of helping to win, but just to stand around and get the rewards due to the efforts of their teammates. This is clearly not in the spirit of the game, therefore you now need to have dealt at least 80 points of damage over the course of a game to get a reward.

Guess no-one will be repairing gates anymore then! :(

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

Wilderness has become a bit more realistic.

The lava now bubbles and shoots projectiles that can damage you :D !

Easient to find portal is northeast of the zammy mage.

By the time you activate the portal,you have about 6 seconds before it teles you and anyone standing in the portal.

I'm not gonna bother with Pest Control until they release the new equipment.

Oh and the people who wondered what happened to thier easter eggs :wink: :

easter9ha.png

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Wilderness Update

. We felt that it could do with adjustments to make it enjoyable enough to meet your high standards.

any of you catch that, jagex thinks were a bunch of whiners, thats kind of stereo typing dont you think?

w4M8t.png

Wilderness Update

. We felt that it could do with adjustments to make it enjoyable enough to meet your high standards.

any of you catch that, jagex thinks were a bunch of whiners, thats kind of stereo typing dont you think?

As evidenced by the "We are holding back the tag update so that we make sure it measures up to your high standards" crack.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

looks wicked, almost as wicked as to start playing again :o nice graphic upgrade from jagex. sometimes they really surprises me in positive way ;> the new lava looks actually a lot warmer than the old one, now i definitely wouldnt like to drop into the lava ;O

milodeangelo.gif

Wilderness Update

Check out the rants forum at Jagex.

How couldn't you think that way? :lol:

But, actually, I didn't catch that until you mentioned it.

Kinda funny though.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol