Do you have friends that think runescape is stupid???

aznhiroller

only some people in my school play runescape. there's this one boy in my class who whenevere i mention anything about dragons, sword etc starts saying"o my god, not more runescape".you see, he has got such a useless life that he has to listen to everyone elses and comment on them. i dont mine the runescpae graphics, i like the way the fires look like bits of paper. if it looked realistic it wouldn't be runescape.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of my freinds got me into runescape since they have now quit, they dont hate it just dont mind it and now prefer WOW, which ive seen and prefer the herblore on runescape ;) , only 2 of my freinds play runescape regularly now, one is a non - member, one is a member, it seems to be only people who have never really got into runescape that hate it in what ive seen, runescape DOES have that sparkle that sets it apart from the rest, which is why im sticking to it (and my 2 years of hard work) and not flitting off to something with high graphics, if i did i would always miss runescape, so thats my reasons, and basicly, im hopefully never going to change :)

magicaltrevorst2.jpg

I started Rs in summer holydays last year. When school started i told to my friends and they all played (we were like 15) very excited the first two months. Then everybody quit and now only one has made a new account and plays it regularly. The others think its stupid and bad because of their grafics and play other games like WoW

magikjandro5mu.gif

Thx axeraider for the sig :D

Yup, and they brag about everything else I do too.

"HAEWY MAETL IZ TEH NOET MUZIIC ZO0MGZZ"

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

Hmm first of all the phrase (of the author) is poorly constructed and not to mention the spelling :?

The game or the concept is not stupid,(there's millions even billions of dollars to be gained from developing games) playing runescape is though. If you think sitting inside hours on in, sometimes even days is not wasting your youth (or your later years for some of you "senior" players :lol: ) then you've got some sort of disability or twisted ethics. Life's not made for you to play Runescape. Think about it next time you touch your computer with the intent of playing runescape, you'll never be able to get that time back.

Yea well the above short paragraph is the main reason shortly put, why your friends or people that might care for you might think runescape is "stupid". I know my this effort is in vain but worth a try.

Quite a few of my friends prefer more advanced graphics to Runescapes "3D". But I think to truly appreciate Runescape you have to look at it at every angle, it's got alot of content updates, it's free for the most part, and most importantly, runs on almost ANY computer. You can compare WoW/GW/EQ2 to Runescape, sure they may have more content.. but what's the point if your computer can't even run it. ;p

I hate how so many people won't even try it because of the graphics. :(

l2p_Muffin.gif

this is speaking with ~3 years Runescape experience

and 2+ years World of Warcraft experience

The game (World of Warcraft) was simultaneously released on both Windows and Macintosh computer systems in North America, Australia and New Zealand on November 23, 2004.

2+ years of world of warcraft experience eh? What IS the future like?

lol, My boyfriend and I play RS , put our money together and buy things and share them :)

And yes i have loats of friends that think RS is just a total waste of time and money. But what the hey... its their oppinion .

untained.png

untained.png

untained.png

Yeah, my friend who first introduced me to Runescape quit after he got hacked and lost all his addy armor lol..

He came back on again recently but I never see him on and I don't think he really plays anymore.

Also, theres this other friend that moved but I found out he plays Runescape through e-mail. He go to like level 70 or something and just quit. He calls everybody in rl a noob and says Runescape sucks everytime I see him since I moved to where he is. We're moving out of here soon and we're going to be stationed at the same place too... (Fathers are in the Army)

But yeah, he sucks and just because I totally own him and his stats he makes fun of me playing Runescape saying I have no life when he came to visit for a day or two. But oh well, he plays Guild Wars now and frankly, I don't really care. I'll let him play his game, and I'll play mine.

king_bawoul.png

well first my cousin friend told him about it then my cousin showed me i whent on the wepsite made an acc then whent to the loading screen and i saw it dowloading something so i hurryed up and x'd out the screen cuz it was my borthers pc and i didnt want him gettin mad but my cousin said it was ok so i did whent on made my charcter and after that i start loving it me and my cousin chillin at the chickens place beside the cows cooking the meat trainin on the farmer iside the chicken place but my 2 other cousin hated it and kept tellin me and my other couin to get lifes but we ignored them we were young and happy after awhile one of my cousin tryed it out and wouldent get off and yep so did the other one. my and my other cousin still laugh about them sayin get a life and stop playin it when they said they would never play the game and did :lol:

Runescape was my first RPG. I've always had good comps, so i progressed onto WoW, then Guildwars etc. I like all the games they each have there own aspects i really enjoy. Graphics is a big deal to me to, but im sure Jagex will release something a little bit more demanding graphix wise soon.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."

I got introduced by a friend of my brothers who is 3 years older than me but is still cool to me. We used to play Battlefield 1942 tons, he came over once and he went to runescape instead of Battlefield, when he left I tried it out. It owned, he quit a few months ago for WoW though.

I used to play Battlefield absolutly tons then, I still play a bit, watch out for -=B.I.A=- Sgt. King Me, I might just shoot you! I like being Sgt. in my clan.

Btw. Battlefield = BF in short form, BIA was my clan on BF, note Bia bf!

sig5235ro7.jpg

I started playing in grade 8, after my friends all talked about Runescape in my class...they even got our 20 year old teacher into it. Keep in mind, they played RSC, and they'd talk to eachother about buying R2hs and stuff off of each other. My one friend Doug, was the strongest in the class...level 50! :shock: They all thought they were rich with a few hundred k, which is normal for that level in Classic.

Anyways, I eventually got into it, but a few months later, they all stopped playing it. I'm WAY far ahead of them.

Now in grade 10, none of my friends really care I play it, except kinda in my gym class. They'll usually yell at me for the ball or something and be like, "Lep! Over here!" Or some sarcastic comment like, "Hey John, still play Runescape?" Or they'll make a big scene infront of the guys about my Lep1234 name or something :roll: Not too big of a deal though, some of them I went to school with since Kindergarten, so I know they're just joking around.

My friends say they hate rs but that's only in front of our little annoying neighbors because they ask "Do you pay rs ne more?" and of course we say "no" then they ask if "can I have your account,money,etc." and they constantly ask everytime I(or my friends) go outside.

Anyways, my friends say they don't play any more but they do, because my friends are considered "popular" in my grade so must keep a social status because rs is considered nerdy, so they pretty much deny it.

In my school little play rs and of those who do they are those weird people who have hair looking like they just got out of bed all the time and are extremely annoying :!: :x

ddcopybi5.png

^Clickity to go to our forums

I got introduced by a friend of my brothers who is 3 years older than me but is still cool to me. We used to play Battlefield 1942 tons, he came over once and he went to runescape instead of Battlefield, when he left I tried it out. It owned, he quit a few months ago for WoW though.

I used to play Battlefield absolutly tons then, I still play a bit, watch out for -=B.I.A=- Sgt. King Me, I might just shoot you! I like being Sgt. in my clan.

I used to play battlefield too :D

Most of my male freinds used to play, but have quit. There are a group of about 5 or 6 of us who still play on and off. The problem is, a couple of my best freinds, who are girls, think it sucks. But luckily, they don't know I still play 8)

Retired from Runescape and the OoC.

THE_Selbbub.jpeg

BF42 FTW!

hehe had 1000+ hours on bf42/dc before i reformatted one day and never reinstalled it(averages about 2-3 hours a day for a year..)

I remember playing against somr BIA peeps, fun times

Most of my friends were into it for about a month before they quit which was in 8th grade (11th now)

I stayed into it for awhile after them but quit on the release.. i was afraid of change :(

back into it now, most of my friends have forgotten about it but when they see me playin it they make some kind of joke about me..

my gf doesn't really care, she actually started playing not too long ago to see what it was all about.