How to convince my parents to get members??????//

aznhiroller

CONVINCE? bah, you have to proove it!. thats what your parents are looking for! there not looking for empty promises. go work for your money or save up, then get extreemly good grades and show your responsibility with chores and stuff. they want you to EARN it.

H&A board next time plz.

happiehour.jpeg

Exactly what yomom said, work for it. Do chores, help out around the house for a week or two without pay... then after they seem to take notice you're doing this, ask them for the five bucks a month to pay for members since you've taken responsibilities around the house. Should go over pretty well... unless your parents are jerks.

(now some1 quote me and add me to ur sig)

Exactly what yomom said, work for it. Do chores, help out around the house for a week or two without pay... then after they seem to take notice you're doing this, ask them for the five bucks a month to pay for members since you've taken responsibilities around the house. Should go over pretty well... unless your parents are jerks.

Now, thats not always true...Maybe they dont feel safe using credit cards and such online?

Do it with voilence!

Go to your mom and yell:

"I kidnapped your son! (you're talking about yourself) Make me member or I'll kill him with Fire Blast! An Addy Arrow and a Rune Scimmy! If you want to defend him: Give him the chance to protect him with Fire Wave, Rune Arrows and Dragon Scimmy! Think about it or he dies!"

She'll make you member then...

Not really, just talk to her.

I may be member if I pay it myself... Try to convice her by paying it yourself...

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Now, thats not always true...Maybe they dont feel safe using credit cards and such online?

umm..

thats why jagex also has mail- ins (which i use cause my parents think its unsafe putting your cc in online and i 100% agree) and phone ins?

happiehour.jpeg

umm..

thats why jagex also has mail- ins (which i use cause my parents think its unsafe putting your cc in online and i 100% agree) and phone ins?

They have mail ins? Wow, Ive been living under a rock for quite a while then!

I must be a jerk then.

I don't let my kids on the internet by themselves. Period.

The only computer with internet access in the house is in the living room where anyone can see the monitor from pretty much any angle. I reserve my RS time for the hours after the kids are in bed. While they're awake, we play outside. If weather doesn't permit, they have a computer upstairs and some PC games (not hooked up to the internet) that they can play.

I let my son play RS occasionally under my supervision, which he prefers anyway because I'm there to help him through quests and stuff.

If he wants to pay for and play online games alone, he can wait until he's an adult.

Well, you can safely say to your parents that using credit card on RuneScape is safe. I check my bank statements weekly and no large amounts of money have dissappeared since I became members. :roll: :wink:

EDIT: OMG CuteRussian, make your sig smaller pl0x. :shock:

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Do all this, except pay the five dollars yourself.

Or join one of those get-paid-to-join-offers programs and use a PayPal account. That's how I got members.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Do all this, except pay the five dollars yourself.

Yeah, that might convince them. After all, it's your money.

Yuo are a harsh parent. Thank god i am not in that poor family.

Yes, thank god you're not a part of my family indeed.

I'm perfectly satisfied with my appreciative, well-behaved and content children who will grow up to be respectable adults and raise my respectable grandchildren.

cuterussian- i fail to see where she said they were poor, i would love to have dr_elepahnt as a parent. seem to be a carin person, she dosnt want her kids to be wraped up in to much fantasy..my little brother thinks hes a iron drag from playing so much :roll: well anyways playing outside is a good thing, you dont need to sit in front of the screen all day.

I'm perfectly satisfied with my appreciative, well-behaved and content children who will grow up to be respectable adults and raise my respectable grandchildren.

yay a responsible adult! i love them. my parents are that way too. that is one of the reasons that i remain f2p! i agree with horcrux. its better (especially ofr children) to be outside playing. it is better for them than rs.

tipitlessersigea3.png

How old are your kids Dr_Elephant? Because I agree if they're like 1-10, but if you do that to them as a teenager, they might revolt. Not saying they will,

On Topic: To work for it, do some chores, get good grades. If you dont want to give out your credit card, make a check or put in money in a eveople between the paper PayByCash gives you to put it in. Then no mailmen can see through the $.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

umm..

what?? They have mail-ins? When did this happen? :?

They have mail ins? Wow, Ive been living under a rock for quite a while then!

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I agree completely with Dr_Elephnt. It is better for kids not to play PC games 24/7. Sonce I started playing RS, my grades have started to slip, I don't get as much sleep, I don't exercise as much, my eyesight is declining, and I deeply regret it. It is slowly robbing me of being the person I am. I don't even play that much, maybe, and hour a day. After I have been online, my family often say that they notice I am more aggresive. I really do agree that to stop kids becoming addicted is so important. I am 17 and I fell hook line and sinker for this game 2 years ago. I wish to hell that I hadn't, but I do not have the strongest will power anyway, and I just can't kick this game, It doesn't help that my competitive mates, who I don't like to lose to, also play, but that is no excuse.

If you really want to play P2P after reading this, then do what I do, pay by text. My parents don't know. However, I would seriously advise againt doing it behind your parents back. It is really really important to have someone monitor how much you play, and hold you back if you get too carried away. Much better to have them 'protecting you from yourself'.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Dr_Elephant wrote:

CuteRussian wrote:

yay a responsible adult! i love them. my parents are that way too. that is one of the reasons that i remain f2p! i agree with horcrux. its better (especially ofr children) to be outside playing. it is better for them than rs.

Are you kidding me? Thats more like a sheltering adult, "hey lets just not let them do anything at all unless were there, that way they can't do anything bad!". To be honest with you i'd probably kill myself if i had those parents :lol:.

And i agree with nick, those kids are probably going to rebel against you if you do the things your doing for there teens.

lookrt2.jpg

well ... u could wait until ur older then get a job like me, or do more chores

but a more easier solution is black mail methinks muahaha

"gimme da runescape membership or da kitty gets it"

i finally quit runescape to play world of warcraft. i play on frostmourne, alliance

check out my thread

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=479665&highlight=

well ... u could wait until ur older then get a job like me, or do more chores

but a more easier solution is black mail methinks muahaha

"gimme da runescape membership or da kitty gets it"

That is holding to ransom, not blackmail! Fool, fancy not even knowing the illegal rules of the world!

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Doc, I respect your decision. My daughter is just shy about a few weeks of turning 4, and I know she loves the few computer games that she has (and the TV too), but I'm hoping I can keep her active and outside as long as I can-- naturally, at her age she loves to go to the playground or the park.

You can all look up my stats and laugh because they are relatively low for having played so long, but it's good to play once in a while or a little bit each day so there is time to do other things.

Mrs. C commented in another thread (can't find it at the moment) about a Simon mall giftcard, which works like a debit card with a set amount of money you put into it. http://www.simon.com/giftcard/ WARNING: beware of fees!

But basic rule of thumb: Demonstrate to your parents that you can play responsibly, that you can pay for it by secure means, and that you are willing to be monitored.

I am still unsure why Jagex hasn't released pre-paid cards for playing time, like Blizzard has with WoW. Perhaps it is because of the low monthly cost?