3 May 2006 - RuneScape - Better than ever!

primadog

3 May 2006 - RuneScape - Better than ever! Next

In the Customer Relations team we have over two thirds of our Moderators dedicated to processing your abuse reports as quickly as possible, as well as dealing with macro users and real world traders. Jagex Moderators are also assigned to tracking where the profits of cheating have gone, resulting in the banning not only of scam accounts but also of the main accounts of those who persist in scamming. In addition to this, we are constantly recruiting honest player moderators to help us to identify and remove disruptive elements from the game.

Beyond the Customer Relations team our Content team is constantly looking into ways to alter the game itself to reduce the ability for people to cheat, for example the recent creation of the Bank PINs and the essence mine changes.

The main source of information on rule breakers comes from you - our players. Every abuse report we receive is actioned accordingly and will be recorded on the offending player's permanent record. Processing the abuse reports cannot be done instantly, and action taken happens behind the scenes, so we cannot guarantee that you will always see the offending player being removed from the game - however the good news is that we are now more successful than ever at processing abuse reports quickly and seeking to educate players. Those who are not willing to be educated are removed.

So if you are a honest player, you can do your bit to help all this by sending in Abuse Reports whenever you see someone breaking the rules. You can also help yourself by keeping both your account and your PC safe - advice on how to do this being found in the Knowledge Base.

And if you're a dishonest player you can do your bit by stopping breaking the rules now.

We will find you and we will ban you if you don't play by our rules.

RuneScape Customer Relations Team

I fail to see what improvements this suppose to imply.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

Jagex constantly recruiting moderators sounds more like conscription to me. I've even recently heard of cases ingame of people simply becoming moderators with no will to become one.

The self-proclaimed king of bronze.

From what I've heard, it seems that they have a bigger Customer Support and are hiring more Player Mods and Jagex Mods.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I think the title wasn't apropos, and the article itself wasn't very informative. They should have included more pertinent information...I mean...yay, player mods are doing good. Yay, there's more of them. But guess what, it doesn't much matter...if they can't prevent the macro'ers or stop them in the first place, they'll still be around forever.

Meh...we'll see.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Jagex constantly recruiting moderators sounds more like conscription to me. I've even recently heard of cases ingame of people simply becoming moderators with no will to become one.

You have to agree to be a moderator, its hardly conscription.

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

You have to agree to be a moderator, its hardly conscription.

You get a mesage from jagex and can either accept or decline. They're not going to do anything but find someone else if you decline.

BTW, whats up frizoid? Haven't seen you in a while

~Bepo

Because bepo is always right

RSN: Z A M 0 (it's a zero)

74 att - 45 def - 76 str - 72 hp - 52 pray - 91 magic

Feel free to give me a shout, private is always ON

I think this is the most encouraging news out of Jagex in memory. They're doing exactly what I hoped they would, more moderators, and better handling of abuse reports. Jagex gets two thumbs up this month :D

and finally an update that affects f2p as well! thats also a major improvement

maybe since all the autoers moved form ess to yews this will lessen the load somewhat and make it so that actual people cah woodcut yews for awhile.

tipitlessersigea3.png

Although i support all measurements taken against autoers, this more and more seems to me like a witch hunt. Yes, I know most people are sincere in reporting oters for rule breaking, but I think JaGEx should take caution not to initiate a "GeStaPo" culture of "autoer-hunters". I mean, I play this game for raising skills (and making some money while doing so), not to report others!

Sure, I hear you when cutting yews/magics and autoers are "stealing" ur tree, but well, I for myself just go elsewhere and go on with my business...

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Good to see they're improving their game not just in the actual game play but the quality of the community as well. Good to see also that they are trying out new ways in which to fight the ever increasing macroers. :)