Let's clarify a few things :) - Mea culpa!

wow, duke, i never wouldve figured you for a rule breaker. at least you admitted to it, though. but still, it will be sad to see what i would consider to be a valued, respected member of tip.it have to go.

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really impressed by everyone stating that they are ok with it as you were using the money for yourself. You are part of a community now that try to ruin games like this for your own personal gain, which makes you no better than someone using a macro.

Its not like that.... Duke made one mistake A very understandable one... I'm guessing your still a kid and don't really understand yet that money matters when you get older....Personal Gain yes but it was necessary for survival. :wink:

Very true. Also, read the title of this thread "mea culpa" is latin for "my fault." He never ducks the blame for his actions, and his punishment is pretty severe, deserved, but severe nonetheless. I'd be furious if I was banned, and I've been playing this a lot less and have a lot less to lose than Duke did.

I can completely understand why you did that, It was an easy way to make a few rl dollars... But then the ban hammer came down :( Im really sorry to see you go, even if you dont know me i've always been a fan of yours, being rich like that and still modest enough to talk to the average person.... I'm really sad to see you go :cry:

Holy hell, thats a lot of stuff out of the game!

Its a real shame to see you go, you are without doubt the greatest merchanter on Tip.It, and ranking in in the whole of RS.

I am quite shocked that such a prominent member of Tip.It could be involved in such a....scandal. I understand entirely why you did it, if you spend that much time, and have that much money, then the temptation has got to be insane. 4 billion GP at about $8 per million I think it is now (or something like that, I dont really know), that is $32,000. I think quite a lot of people would crack under that kind of money, for a student it is a ridiculous amount.

Whilst I don't respect you for what you did, I do respect your knowledge and understanding of the game, and your awesome economical skills and merchanting. If you carry that over to real life, you will undoubtedly go a long long way.

Good luck in general in everything that you do. Are you going to keep posting on Tip.It, or create a new account?

Finally, what is the most important thing you would say to anyone who is a budding merchant? (Besides 'don't sell it'!)

Good luck fella

Hobgoblin

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

You broke the rules=Banned

But I appriate you telling your mistake, rather than hiding it. For that, I wish you good luck in your life. At least you were'nt marcoing, weren't you? :lol:

Now the prices of santas are gonna rise :x

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

"Lol I really dont care that you broke that rule, it's not like it really harms anyone. Oh well, at least you made some good cash out of it"

It harmed the people who paid real life cash for runescape gp and probably ended up with their own accounts banned

Real World trading does harm the game, it encourages macroing.

However I can quite understand the temptation, but hopefully this is a lesson to all of us.

I really couldn't have imaginated that ._.

When everyone in all forums started posting about you dissapearing from high scores I though they were exaggerating, that it could be like that day Zez was out of high scores and everyone was talking about that x_X but he got back minutes later...

But permanently banned...for that...a Pmod...you...

There were rumors about that being the reason of the ban, but I didn't believed it either, and it becomes true ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì

*Sigh*

Good luck on your real life, that's all I can say -.-

diosesgif11vg.gif

Pkmario

Porygon 64

Black Charlizard

good, one less rule breaker. now thousands of macroers to go

Shut the hell up. If you were a student, and you had potentially $32000 available to you, are you saying that you would not be tempted whatsoever? I'm not saying it is right, but you have to realise that this is an exceptional case, not every rule breaker has a bank worth 4 billion.

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Can't say I wouldn't have done the same if I was in your position.

However, the fact you took the position of Moderator knowing for well you were breaking the rules, deceiving us all on tip.it, abusing your position of role-model and friend, that saddens me.

No dice with me. I respected you (past tense), don't get me wrong, but you got your cummupence. I'm surprised you're not banned here as well.

Despite this, all the best with your education and your future career.

Can't say I wouldn't have done the same if I was in your position.

However, the fact you took the position of Moderator knowing for well you were breaking the rules, deceiving us all on tip.it, abusing your position of role-model and friend, that saddens me.

No dice with me. I respected you (past tense), don't get me wrong, but you got your cummupence. I'm surprised you're not banned here as well.

Despite this, all the best with your education and your future career.

aggreed

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

I can't believe everyone's so forgiving to you. Let me get this straight, you deceived TIPIT; you deceived us; you deceived JAGEX; and you violated the worst of the rules, yet everyone's expected to forgive you?

I am a college student as well, but I will never consider trading for cash as an option. JaGex and TipIt both believed in you, and gave you their highest honor. Both the RS and TipIt community respected and trusted you, yet you threw our trust like a rag doll.

You have no respect from me. What kind of example you are setting, as a former pmod and tipit admin, to the rest of the community? You have no right to even show up here again.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

Dang would everyone calm down the guy lost 200 Santas I think thats a big enough punishment what can be worse than that :shock:

Losing your job?

Losing a beloved one?

Finding out your wife/girlfriend betrayed you?

Pixelhuggers....

Losing 200 santas, 200 pumkins, 20 mask sets, a phat set, Pmod status, and the respect from a really big part of the Rs comunity.

That's worse.

diosesgif11vg.gif

Pkmario

Porygon 64

Black Charlizard

sad to see ur leaving... and now iam going to say something in dutch, dont wana think about the translation atm :oops:

Je was altijd een bron van inspiratie en geruchten.. vroeg me altijd af hoe rijk je was en wou altijd zo zijn.. echt jammer dat je gaat, maar ik begrijp t wel..

goodluck in Real Life :wink:

good, one less rule breaker. now thousands of macroers to go

Shut the hell up. If you were a student, and you had potentially $32000 available to you, are you saying that you would not be tempted whatsoever? I'm not saying it is right, but you have to realise that this is an exceptional case, not every rule breaker has a bank worth 4 billion.

The amount of pixels you have in this game doesn't make any cases exceptional. If everyone that had money problems irl was an exceptional case, we wouldnt need any rules.

And ofcourse we all would be tempted about the tons of irl cash, but it still doesnt make it right to take them. I can just congratulate Jagex for another good decision.

But to the topic; Glad that you havent opened your wrists yet and take it so well :) Good luck irl and try not to break anymore rules

The amount of pixels you have in this game doesn't make any cases exceptional. If everyone that had money problems irl was an exceptional case, we wouldnt need any rules.

And ofcourse we all would be tempted about the tons of irl cash, but it still doesnt make it right to take them. I can just congratulate Jagex for another good decision.

Sorry, but I beg to differ. I did not say that the fact that he is a student makes it exceptional, I am saying that the sheer amount of money he had makes the case exceptional. Similar to the way Zezima, The Old Nite and N0valyfe are exceptional cases.

I see that we have to agree to disagree

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Dang would everyone calm down the guy lost 200 Santas I think thats a big enough punishment what can be worse than that :shock:

Losing your job?

Losing a beloved one?

Finding out your wife/girlfriend betrayed you?

Pixelhuggers....

Lol I was referring about the game idiot not real life, and dont call me a pixelhugger plz cause you don't know me. 8-)