Purpose of obby cape?

mikescigar

What exactly are the benefits of having an obby cape? I see them being sold all the time for 300k, and last night I got one from a drop in Tzhar. I put it on, but I see no difference.

What makes the obby cape worth 300k? Am I missing something here???

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For people who are too lazy to get 48 herblore (etc.) to do Legends Quest.

thank you very muchbut i ahve had all the requirements for quite some time, just haven't decided to do legends yet, and obby cape is a good alternative.

when you say good, do you mean over priced? and shows no accomplishment of your skill levles?

I agree.

I have both obby and legends cape and use legends on my everyday things, because i like it's look, the fact it says "I did legends quest" and it's cheap to replace should i die to a random event.

But whenever i go fighting I put my obby on, it's just plain better, no way around that.

manytradesur7.png

Current goals: Going for 80 80 80.

Recent goals achieved: 70 70 70 done.

Major Achievement: Fire Cape at 79 combat.

thank you very muchbut i ahve had all the requirements for quite some time, just haven't decided to do legends yet, and obby cape is a good alternative.

when you say good, do you mean over priced? and shows no accomplishment of your skill levles?

If people want to know my accomplishment of skills they can look me up on hi scores. Other than that i couldn't care a flying fart whether people know my skill total.

My culinaromancer gloves already show my accomplishments in quests, so why not to have teh best cape in game (before fire cape)

And it also shows that I can afford that extra 299k cash 8-) :lol:

when you say good, do you mean over priced? and shows no accomplishment of your clicking abilities?

obby cape was put in so those who don't enjoy quests or non combat could be nearly up to speed with the rest of the players

<93 combat 85 mage and 662 skill total :lol:

must've worked because they got me to resub

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

If people want to know my accomplishment of skills they can look me up on hi scores. Other than that i couldn't care a flying fart whether people know my skill total.

you see, your rite. but wearing a legends cape is like guaranteed lvls. obbsidian cape shows nothing

when you say good, do you mean over priced? and shows no accomplishment of your clicking abilities?

obby cape was put in so those who don't enjoy quests or non combat could be nearly up to speed with the rest of the players

<93 combat 85 mage and 662 skill total :lol:

must've worked because they got me to resub

ohhh, he changed my words from skill level to CLICKING ABILITY wow. let me charge that then to TIME AND EFFORT.

My culinaromancer gloves already show my accomplishments in quests, so why not to have teh best cape in game (before fire cape)

i used to be like you all, thought, if i put together the best defense in the game id be really well set. and all this stuff.

after a while, ive tossed away my rune boots and sold a few dragon mediums i gathered up.

i go in the wildy with my legends cape, would you go in the wildy with your obby cape? some yes, most NO. legends cape in wildy is good, good def, untradable so no1 can loot it, and its CHEAP.

the legends cape is meant to be a symbol, something to show you have proved your self.

123, yes their are things that beat them, or provide a better reason to use. but i ask you, if you saw a lvl 50 with a obby cape ud give it NO thought, if you saw a lvl 50 in a legends cape, ud probably be like. well, its been done before but thats rare.

it shows ur to lazy to do legends :roll:

Because it gives the defence bonus? It's like asking why one would by Dragon armour, when barrows is stronger, and cheaper...

Shame the Obsidian cape is so ugly...

monotonesiguv2.png

I think its 45 herblore not 48. :shock:

Oh, and i would say that the obby cape also gives some sort of strength bonus, doesnt it? Iv heard that somewhere(may not be true), but i think the cape is definetly worth gettin.

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

I think its 45 herblore not 48. :shock:

Oh, and i would say that the obby cape also gives some sort of strength bonus, doesnt it? Iv heard that somewhere(may not be true), but i think the cape is definetly worth gettin.

fire cape gives str, obby cape is only 9 to all def stats

fire cape = 11 to all def stats

+1 to all ATTACK stats

+4 str +4 prayer i think.

Shame the Obsidian cape is so ugly...

oh, he said it. testify brother.

Ok, so let me see if I've got this straight....

The obby cape adds +2 to defense (and is ugly :lol: ).

The legends cape adds ????

The fire cape adds 11 to all def stats, +1 to all attack stats, +4 to all str stats, adn +2 to prayer stats.

Is this correct?

And to me that shows that you are a *place a very offencive word here* :wink: Yes, I have done Legends. Heck, I have completed every quest there is! So plese don't call me lazy.

--

Maybe I won't pk with obby cape, but that's because I don't pk in p2p :lol:

For combat training in low lvls (before fire cape) obby cape is the best cape to have. That is the purpose of it.

What he said (about the Dark Gloves).

PS. Obby Cape goes better with Climbing boots then the Legends Cape. :P

Kostyaf.png

Ok, so let me see if I've got this straight....

The obby cape adds +2 to defense (and is ugly :lol: ).

The legends cape adds ????

The fire cape adds 11 to all def stats, +1 to all attack stats, +4 to all str stats, adn +2 to prayer stats.

Is this correct?

legends cape ads +7

For me, a legends cape only shows that you can't afford an obby one. :lol:

ah, i knew someone would say that.

so may i show you the armor i wear when i fun duel?

19gm.png

26fi.png

Correction the culinaromancer gloves also shows that you have done legends, you need to do legends before you can complete recipe for disaster.