Purpose of obby cape?

mikescigar

My culinaromancer gloves already show my accomplishments in quests, so why not to have teh best cape in game (before fire cape)

And it also shows that I can afford that extra 299k cash 8-) :lol:

it shows ur to lazy to do legends :roll:

oh so everybody who hasn't done legends quest is lazy?

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, people who say that obby cape weilders are lazy for not doing legends, I think you guys are lazy for ot getting the 300k to get the better cape. Legends cape is only good for pking and I personally think that obby cape looks better.

Yeah, people who say that obby cape weilders are lazy for not doing legends, I think you guys are lazy for ot getting the 300k to get the better cape. Legends cape is only good for pking and I personally think that obby cape looks better.

When you say people are too lazy to do legends, maybe they just don't have an intrest in quests. That's like saying a lvl 3 with 50+ stats is too lazy to train combat, when he/she probably just has no intrest in it. You don't have to jump to conclusions about whether people are too lazy or just think other things are more fun.

fan of her's.
You know what I hate? People putting an apostrophe on a personal pronoun. STOP IT.

people will pay heavy prices for items that are just a little bit better. Its due to the iflation and how alot of people are really rich these days. To most of the people that have them (including me) 300k isnt much. I mean, just look at the fury amulets, they are barily better than a glory amulet and also dont have the benefits of teleports that you can wear on you and not take up inventory space.

people will pay heavy prices for items that are just a little bit better. Its due to the iflation and how alot of people are really rich these days. To most of the people that have them (including me) 300k isnt much. I mean, just look at the fury amulets, they are barily better than a glory amulet and also dont have the benefits of teleports that you can wear on you and not take up inventory space.

another eason people pay 5.2 mill for a fury however is that it actually costs that much to get one, if you're selling chaos or deaths that is. Not ofr me tho, i just buy 33k chaos at 120 ea, then get my onyx and get a crafter for it. Make 1.2 mill this way, but it does take a bit to find a buyer for 5.2 anymore.

Time is money and money is time....

The extra defense...

Helps me from switching from Dragon to Guthan a little here and there. Saving me time over the long haul..

Even if it only saves me 5 minute every hour. That's 20 minutes and 22 Abbys per run. That would be an average of an extra whip every 5 or 6 trips. 299k for 2.9m...

But anyway.. Some people simply don't mind spending an extra 299k for extra def bonus, better looks, or simply to show off they have cash.

Where Some people simply like to spread their cash out on other thngs.

Either way Legends cape is great... God Cape Works well... Ob Cape works greater.. and Fire Cape owns all..

Have fun with your capes

Fire>Obby>Legends>Magic Cape>Normal Capes.

Whatever one you can get on the highest chain, then go for it.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

i only need the legends cape, and i'm fine with that :-)

i <3 my legends cape

only reason why i did that quest....

weeee.gif

Sorry for the off-topicness, but is that the god for Pastafarians? I've heard so much about these cultists/teenagers/people

Time is money and money is time....

The extra defense...

Helps me from switching from Dragon to Guthan a little here and there. Saving me time over the long haul..

Even if it only saves me 5 minute every hour. That's 20 minutes and 22 Abbys per run. That would be an average of an extra whip every 5 or 6 trips. 299k for 2.9m...

But anyway.. Some people simply don't mind spending an extra 299k for extra def bonus, better looks, or simply to show off they have cash.

Where Some people simply like to spread their cash out on other thngs.

Either way Legends cape is great... God Cape Works well... Ob Cape works greater.. and Fire Cape owns all..

Have fun with your capes

wow i honestly dont think the +2 defense actually is going to make a huge difference. your point IS logical but not realistic.

you could wear rune boots instead of climbing boots, but maybe the +2 str to the boots may speed up your killing slightly...its all hypothetical.

Because othre than the fire cape which is very difficult to obtain, it is the best cape in the game.

The other explanations up there are silly.

also many people think it looks cool and compteles their outfits. also just it looking 'cool" is enough to make it expensive.

i would go with the legends cape though, i think it looks better (now if only i had the stats...)

tipitlessersigea3.png

wow i honestly dont think the +2 defense actually is going to make a huge difference. your point IS logical but not realistic.

you could wear rune boots instead of climbing boots, but maybe the +2 str to the boots may speed up your killing slightly...its all hypothetical.

LOL.. Agree that it's all hypothetical...

Was just pointing out the mind set of some players... Short term money out means long term money in... My above statement wasn't a study I did.. just quick shot of maybe why people would.... :wink:

But with Ob cape you can sub the Rune boots with climbin those increasin 1 abby per hour thus making whips come... LOL

anyway everyone have fun this weekend

You didn't notice the quite impressive defense bonus it gives?

Its not really impressive. +2 more in all def more than a legends cape and costs 299k more. Its worthless IMO.

What if youre, lets say, 1 def and havent done legends? compare +9 def with wildy cape's def...

Profins.png

specty.png

For most things, i'll use an obby cape. I got it as a drop anyways, so its not like it cost me any money. Even if it did buy it, 300k isn't really that much anyway, and legends capes aren't exactly hard to get. The quest to get them really that hard and the level requirments aren't that steep. If I want to show I have done quests or have the stats, I would just wear dark gloves.

All in all it really does not matter what one you use, +2 def isn't that much, its mostly just personal preference, there isn't really a right or wrong.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

For people who are too lazy to get 48 herblore (etc.) to do Legends Quest.

45 :lol: 8-)

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

For all those people who think that showing off that you're one of probably over 100k people who have completed a quest is really awesome, so you wear your precious legends cape, gratz. Big accomplishment guys and gals. Me being 104 cmb, I still haven't done legends, I will when I want to do RFD, but not yet, just don't like the feeling of being a legend, since a lot of people brag about it =\ I like my obby cape that is the 2nd best cape in the game and shows that I can actually afford something, got it cheap though :P lol.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Alright heres the way i look at it.

legends- you get the most for your money. Its not all that off from obby and you save 299k which is nice. If you can afford obby go ahead but id prefer to save 299k

obby: better than legends but not quite worth what you pay for it. I agree legends cape isnt as good as obby but come on...299k for a peice of cloth(thats what capes are made of)

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

It all comes down to if you have the money and want to spend it on that kind of stuff. Just like the fury ammys which are very expensive and not much better than glories. I've done ledgends and i also have a obby cape. Since i have the money to buy the expensive equipment i buy it. If they made a new whip that had 2 more slash points but was double the cost of ones now id still probly buy it. For me having the best possible equipment is more important than how much better or how much cheaper it is. I coulda saved my money instead of buying 3 barrows sets but i wanted the BEST possible stuff.