is it ok to report friends?

Viv

accountsharing and having multiple logging in are the rules where this happens most. in private chat my friends think that it is safe to say things like "in the summer i go on to my friends account." and "ok i just wanna smith ......... and transfer it too my other account" i think it is just ignorance and doesnot effect me at all. i usually tell them it is against the rules because sometimes they do not know that it is i also tell them that they should becareful who they tell about rulebreaking. but i am wondering should i report them they are not really hurting the community and me.

Also can i get in trouble by Jagex if i do not report them?

StarViv.png

let's find an example:

You're in your car and he goes speeding all through! - what you're doing, calling the police or just let it happen?

If you ask the goverment in above example they will say it is a good thing to report, also many other people will say you did well and are an example for how people should do. However close friends won't like this and won't share their secrets with you anymore.

Same will happen about this, Jagex will tell you it's good that your reported him and also many other people will do. Yet your friends won't like this...

no-one can answer that question for you! It's such a personal thing, about how much you like your friendship.

BTW: of course it is good too point your friends to the rules, so they can decide on their own if they take the risk...

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

lecture him for as long as possilble and tell him youll give him 100k if he pays attention then when he asks for 100k say nothing

i think you should have reported him. ill report anyone who is doing something bad it only helps me become a p mod

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

do it when they drop trade, my friend got reported by a random person when the person saw him drop trade and reported him. He got a temp ban, a black mark and the items traded were removed from his account lol. See what happens :P

let's find an example:

You're in your car and he goes speeding all through! - what you're doing, calling the police or just let it happen?

If you ask the goverment in above example they will say it is a good thing to report, also many other people will say you did well and are an example for how people should do. However close friends won't like this and won't share their secrets with you anymore.

Same will happen about this, Jagex will tell you it's good that your reported him and also many other people will do. Yet your friends won't like this...

no-one can answer that question for you! It's such a personal thing, about how much you like your friendship.

BTW: of course it is good too point your friends to the rules, so they can decide on their own if they take the risk...

i see like a Mother F***er :) hehe, and i dont alot of dumb things while diriving, but i really doubt any of my frineds are going to report me, its fun to raise hell. and i personally would NEVER report a friend, unless there hacking people because i dont agree with that at all. but thats just me. and if they wont to try to break the rules, thats there problem if they get cought.

mysig11sv5.png

I give all my friends chances. Someone I didn't really like from school said he cheated, I didn't report him. He did it again and I reported him.

There are some friends I would never report. Anyone on my friend's list gets a chance at least.

sig5235ro7.jpg

I only think i would report friends if they scammed me, but not for swearing, or bug abuse or something like that, depends on how close friends, and what he did.

Best/latest drop list:

Rune: 18th of june 2006 [scimmy]

Other: 6th of June 2006 [3 half keys, T]

26th of june 2006 [yellow mystic hat]

untitled6kv7.gif

No, I wouldn't report them if they don't harm me.

If they harm me I'd report them. If they share the fact that they do this or that thing against the rules, I'd just say "ok, I myself don't break the rules though" but I wouldn't report them.

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

it all depends on how close you are to your friend.

It really seems dumb to ruin a friendship over something like runescape.

speaks the truth. depends on how 'friend' is your friend. if he's just some guy you met, i would report. but if its your best bud, why break up over runescape? and if you are even having thoughts on reporting him, he cant be considered your best friend anymore

Personally I try to tell them the rule, but also, a lot of times I end up reporting them. Because its their fault they didn't read the rules. They know they're there. And with all the time people play runescape you should atleast find time to read the rules.

And also I usually report them on the first time if it's something that might possibly harm me. Whether its websites that may contain keyloggers, someone asking for personal information, etc. I usually report them immediately. No warnings. Because how do I know that they didn't just ask 20 people before me to go to some unknown website. Only jagex knows that so I'll let jagex work it out.

91 RC!!! #332 to get it!

"D'you wear a black armband

When they shot the man

Who said 'Peace could last forever'" Guns N' Roses

Whats so bad about account sharing? I know of someone who shares an account with his little brother, its not harming anyone

and I would never report someone as it is basically grassing them up and it causing more problems than its worth...

Don't Report:

Language

Website Advertising

Bug Abuse

Multiple Logging in

Asking for personal details

Report:

Scamming

Real World Item Trading

Macroing

Account Sharing

Especially when the friend scammed YOU :lol:

Got a few Schoolmates banned that way, and didnt got beat up. Shows how not cool they are 8-)

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

lecture him for as long as possilble and tell him youll give him 100k if he pays attention then when he asks for 100k say nothing

i think you should have reported him. ill report anyone who is doing something bad it only helps me become a p mod

id never betray my friends, wont suprise me if u have no friends at all :?

Guest static_fist

cmon peeps

who would report a friend? if they are not a friend why are they even on your list?

i think its stupid to report friends for something as little as that. how many people would get temp. banned for dropping items? nearly every pure these days has had items dropped.

and to say you would do it to become a mod... honestly theres more to life than having a star to your name so sure report someone for really breaking the rules. i'm an older player - older meaning back in the day of classic. and everyone these days is so uptight about the smallest things