a durial321 interview (attack abuse bug)

oldstyle

EDIT due to the front page nature, I did not conduct the interview, although I wish I was, as I stated I mearly helped percipitate a connection between the people, and the interviewer is a good friend of mine. Follow the link for clues... as it is just wanted to be clear. I can't take credit although I would like to.

This came to pass as I made it a topic in an irc room I run, filled with some old rs buds. Yes we've known eachother a long time. The person who tracked Durial down I will completely vouche for and must state, i'm 31 and he is near my age.

Take it or leave it, but please don't post "this is a bs interview"

It is posted here with the permission of the interviewer.

without further adeu....

The Falador Massacre-

Howdy, many of you now would of heard the events that took place today on the 6-6-06 in Falador centre world 111, Runescape. For those of you that didnâââ‰â¢t, Jagexâââ¬Å¾Ã¢ the owner of Runescape the MMORPG recently released a new skill into their online game. The skill is called Construction where you can make and furnish your own home and include games, dueling, monsters and dungeons. You can also invite many people into your house of up to 20 rooms and hold meetings + parties. There are many things you can do with the new skill but I wonâââ‰â¢t mention all of them. Construction was released on the 31-May-2006 and due to the newness of the update obviously glitches were to be expected, Iâââ‰â¢m sure none expected any as severe as this. A glitch was left in the programming that meant after a certain sequence of events happened that I cannot say due to copy cats, that you would find yourself outside the owners house with the ability to attack others.

This is where the star of this interview, Durial, Found himself.

Durial, Is a 16 year old Male from the United States of America, He has been playing Runescape since May of 2005. He enjoys the Pking aspect of the game as many do. He has a sense of humor, Has proven to be very approachable, Well mannered, And quite nice.

Durials Runescape account by Runescape standards is an overall Pking account, With decent mid range skills. His Runescape name which is currently still showing up on Runescape Highscores but locked is Durial123.

After I learnt of the events that happened today during Curse Youâââ‰â¢s 99 Construction party (first in the game), I Decided to try find out all I could about what happened. I tracked down Durial and got his permission for an Interview.

The names in the Interview have been changed to âââ¬ÃâThe Ratâââ¬Ã

http://rsdo.net/sigs/users/s/sharkeater75.png

126 combat. 2001 total. 101 prayer. and off to go WoWin.

WHEEE NO MORE RANDOMS!!!! -.-

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This interview angers me even more. This guy is scum and deserves the ban he got. He deserves to be IP banned. Another thing that makes me mad is how the person conducting the interview is saying that he wishes this guy would get his account back even after he probably made about 100+ people very upset. Hopefully this will set a good example to Jagex that they need to test theyre updates more before putting them out. If this guy is ever unbanned I will be VERY angry. I appologize for the flaming but the events that took place at the "Massacre" really infuriated me.

Durial your my hero... man i envy you, for all that fun i would even pay, to bad my main is banned too =(.

noob shut up , good for u , u got banned to :lol:

u dont think about those people that lost their phats and other sutff :(

that guy is a jerk

so what if u like pking?

it is obviously a mjaor bug and comes under the rule of bug abuse

He deserves a perm ban on not just his account but his ip

Alright it tht happens u may clikc and attack someone when outside. But then to go on a rampage is wrong

If you want to keep ur account don;t go on rampages of killing INNOCENT players by using a bug

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

he has not made gaming history.

all he has done is use a bug to kill people that cant attack him back, taking ther stuff, and then trying to act like hes sorry, by saying hed give the stuff back, just so he wont get banned.

i really hope he gets banned from rs, and that rs does a roll back so that all the people he killed get ther stuff back.

Gaming history? Anyone would have done the same thing? Give me a break. You idolize this idiot like he's some god. He broke a rule and abused it to no end. Why shouldn't he be banned? Along with anyone else who abused this bug? Whats the point of even having rules if people are going to get idolized for breaking them. Sorry but you're as sad as this piece of trash you interviewed.

No, he is a typical 16 year old (spoiled rotten) male.

He was upset at loosing HIS Green P Hat he stole

He wishes he could return the items, AFTER HE WAS CAUGHT. He also made an attempt to mule the items on other accounts.

He hopes he can play again, If I had anything to do with this event, HE personally would never play Runescape again, on any account.

Sympathy for him, hell no.

You only get one chance to live your life....

But, endless opportunities to screw it up.

PioNMax2.png

Pio "But your honor, he deserved killin "

Judge " Fair nuff, the defendant is free to go"

i dON'T GET WHAT THIS IS ABOUT, IT SOUNDS LIKE this bug that was in my house where when ever i died i lost my stuff and went to lumby, so this person is killing people in their house because of the bug and looting them?

Confusing... (downloaded - watching)

penguinesigrq6.png

He wishes he could return the items, AFTER HE WAS CAUGHT. He also made an attempt to mule the items on other accounts.

He hopes he can play again, If I had anything to do with this event, HE personally would never play Runescape again, on any account.

Thuouhg I agrre he was completely wrong etc I resent that you say he is a typical 16 yr old male

I am a 16 yr old male and I am nothing like him and do not like that a generalisation as that would combine me with him

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This dude deserves the very worst of karma. I'm with Wakka... this is just disgusting.

I'm a little upset at Jagex for not testing this part of the game. Fixing-Barrows-for-free bug, or the butler no-pay bug, these are understandable. But they should have VIGOROUSLY tested all kicked-out-of-house possibilities before they released this evil upon the innocent victims that lost millions because of this.

They should make an exception to thier policy and return these ppl's items.

And I hope the dude gets hit by a truck.

i totally agree with the fact that they shoud return people's item

Thuouhg I agrre he was completely wrong etc I resent that you say he is a typical 16 yr old male

I am a 16 yr old male and I am nothing like him and do not like that a generalisation as that would combine me with him

I'm with you on that. I'm only 15 and just go read my first post. :x

You cannot blame it all on him. It is human nature to be greedy and sadly that nature comes out most in Runescape for some people. The sad part is all of the good players in Runescape that have been around for who knows how long have lost what they worked for so hard. I think Jagex should not do a roll back but should attempt to replace what was lost. The guy over did it that's for sure and he should really be ashamed for all the people that he ruined the day or week for.

548dba32.gif

.:: RSC Product ::.

.:: 116 Combat ::.

.:: 1777 Overall ::.

.:: Biggest Single Drop Log Ever ::.

WOW, wish I could have seen it :o

Btw, all the people flaming the author/durial, think about it?

If you would have killing powers in falador? What would you do?

log out and go lie under your computerdesk because your scared?

I would have tried to kill as many people as I could :D

What song is it in the vid?

you guys are idiots you would have done the same thing and you stand here and lie saying you wouldent.
WHAT? how dare you! just get off these forums. Dont ever compare me to someone like that.

I would have logged out emmidiatly and reported the bug to Jagex. I like this thread because its showing me who i can trust and who cant.

If I found I could kill people, I would juts carry on as normal

It is a bug and it is unfair to kill innocent ppl to get an advantage

I would of sent off bug report and happily continued about my buisness getting xp and items FAIRLY

Plv6Dz6.jpg

i am going to say he is legend! The dream of ALL PKERS! I would have gladly got my account banned for 1+ hours of fun like that! Shame the video is only on rapidshare which don't work for me :( can anybody upload onto another? if they do i am willing to pay 100k :D

yeah anyone would kill like a person thinking its cool but you don't go on a fricking 1 hour rampage killing everyone in sight.

He deserves to be banned as this is pretty much the definition of bug abuse, i just wish they could do more than ban him :wink:

overall its nothing that big as your making it out to be, its nothing close to gaming history, its a idiot taking advantage of a glitch, and he should get his punishment for it.

fight caves defeated 3/10/06 at 96 combat 77 range

99+ farming----99+herblore----99 range----99 thieving

213th to 99 herblore, June 29, 2007

Personally myself as a player with nearly a 1800 total (thanks construction) may have hesitated... but only for that reason.

I'm not saying Durial was right in what he did. It was wrong. Showed a huge lack of ethics and morals ect. ... but ya know, these people were all in a known bug filled place, where they could loose thier stuff, yet took phats ect ect anyway. You can fight in houses, its just a continuation of it.

I feel for the people that got wiped out, as in the end its only jagex making out on this one.

But sadly, and embarrassingly I woulda done the same thing.

this will go down in the history of RS like it or not.

http://rsdo.net/sigs/users/s/sharkeater75.png

126 combat. 2001 total. 101 prayer. and off to go WoWin.

WHEEE NO MORE RANDOMS!!!! -.-