a durial321 interview (attack abuse bug)

oldstyle

comone ppl this is the dream of all pkers! all i do when i play is wander in wildy with my pker who is now stronger than my main. ITS JUST FUN! a trully special moment for durial no doubt of that. :P

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What Durial did was wrong. Doing a bit of damage to someone outside the wilderness is acceptable as long as you dont kill them in my opinion.

Durial on the other hand was going on a killing spree, trying to get-rich-quick.

People work long and hard for party hats. I know that, you know that and probably half of runescape knows that too. But this guy just goes and kills people regardless taking their phat as they die. People put so much work, effort and emotion into their phat just for him to come and take it.

Like you said, hes a 16 year old boy. He should know the difference between right and wrong and should know that the 'bug abuse' rule is one of the most severe to break.

I dont think perm banning people is the best course of action but I do believe he should be banned for a lengthly period of time (3-4 weeks) and be maxed out to 3 black marks.

you guys are idiots you would have done the same thing and you stand here and lie saying you wouldent.

I hope the same truck hits you, too. First of all, don't insult people by calling them idiots. Second of all, do not DARE to call me a liar. Thirdly, no, lots of people on these forums would NOT break the rules for their own pixelated gains.

Get off my forum. You suck.

LOL go Leesters

fight caves defeated 3/10/06 at 96 combat 77 range

99+ farming----99+herblore----99 range----99 thieving

213th to 99 herblore, June 29, 2007

Well i'll say one thing to the people that think everyone would abuse that bug. Why kill people for millions of gp if your just gonna get banned. It's like buying an air conditioner during winter. Like Wakka said i would have logged out adn reported it to jagex. Then log back in an warn everyone. Why get banned over something so stupid.

i am going to say he is legend! The dream of ALL PKERS!

Now I know why I hate PKers. Are they ALL dishonorable such as this? Hmm.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

comone ppl this is the dream of all pkers! all i do when i play is wander in wildy with my pker who is now stronger than my main. ITS JUST FUN! a trully special moment for durial no doubt of that. :P
Special for him, a week ruiner for like 100 others. Think about others before your own selfish self.

I'll admit that had it been me I may have attacked someone, but I would not have gone as far as killing even 1 person, much less killing many. He went wayyy too far with it . . .

Tell me, what have you learned from the word's that can't be spoken?

~ The Rain, the Reason, the Romance, the Victim, the Truth, and the Vision . . . ~

If I had 10k Ice Barrage runes, and 10 Super att and Str (4) and his stats. I wouldn't mine killing every single person i saw and get banned. That would be 400x more fun than i have everyday on rune. Plus he had a fire cape and thats on of my goals and i'll take a long break if not quit after i get 1.

:)

siggd7.jpg

Special for him, a week ruiner for like 100 others. Think about others before your own selfish self.

More than just a week ruiner for the people that lost party-hats, ect. I, quite honestly, would probably quit if I lost a p-hat die to someones bug abuse and knew that I would not get it back. (and we all know that Jagex won't be returning lost items or doing a rollback or anything like that).

I could understand attacking someone, but not killing them and stealing something that they've spent countless hours working to get. . .

Tell me, what have you learned from the word's that can't be spoken?

~ The Rain, the Reason, the Romance, the Victim, the Truth, and the Vision . . . ~

What Durial did was wrong. Doing a bit of damage to someone outside the wilderness is acceptable as long as you dont kill them in my opinion.

Durial on the other hand was going on a killing spree, trying to get-rich-quick.

People work long and hard for party hats. I know that, you know that and probably half of runescape knows that too. But this guy just goes and kills people regardless taking their phat as they die. People put so much work, effort and emotion into their phat just for him to come and take it.

Like you said, hes a 16 year old boy. He should know the difference between right and wrong and should know that the 'bug abuse' rule is one of the most severe to break.

I dont think perm banning people is the best course of action but I do believe he should be banned for a lengthly period of time (3-4 weeks) and be maxed out to 3 black marks.

I've seen people get permanently banned for saying runehq or tip.it in game and Jagex stating in they're ban message that they were "adverstising". If anyone in the history of runescape should be permnantly banned I cant think of a more likely candidate than this durial. I think you should rethink this idea of not giving him a permanent ban...

you guys are idiots you would have done the same thing and you stand here and lie saying you wouldent.

I hope the same truck hits you, too. First of all, don't insult people by calling them idiots. Second of all, do not DARE to call me a liar. Thirdly, no, lots of people on these forums would NOT break the rules for their own pixelated gains.

Dude, lately you've been getting more arrogant and arrogant Leestert. I think

you should lose the attitude.

gah!!! he is bumping after 1 minute, IT HAS TO BE A RHQER!!! KILL THE RHQER!!!

Lmfao

my 10 year old nephew plays grand theft auto and ive never seen him runover a prostitute in a stolen police car so i doubt little kids playing rs will go pickpocketing

I see here what the communtiy has come to, what the world has come to

Do you people who say everyone would do the same have no morals?

its not like these are npcs, these are other players, other people who have worked hard for their stuff, if they wanted to risk it they would of benn in the wildy

If all you people are the sort on the tip.it home world may I say thank god I am not there. I hope you all get banned or fade away into not playing

To thoose like Leesters and wakka holding strong to morals and being a genuinly nice person I say welldone to you and hope that I may cross your path in game one day

It makes me feel sick to read through how many people here have no sense of morals, or following rules. Some rules in the world are made to be bent, some are to be left standing as they are the foundations of society that relies on morals

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I can't believe that anyone actually defends what he did! But as Wakka said, shows who is trustworthy.

Now I remember why I don't PK - the mentality of many pkers (not all, there are some honourable, too) is horrible, and for their sake I hope they act like that ingame to compensate for being overly nice IRL. Somehow I just doubt that. :roll:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

If I had 10k Ice Barrage runes, and 10 Super att and Str (4) and his stats. I wouldn't mine killing every single person i saw and get banned. That would be 400x more fun than i have everyday on rune. Plus he had a fire cape and thats on of my goals and i'll take a long break if not quit after i get 1.

Somebody please give that man a Firecape, and good riddance.

*Writing pleeding letter to Jad*

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

arrogent?? Leesters has full justification for what he is saying.

lol he was not wise by going on a killing spree like that .

if i had the power . i would seek out single victims and do it .

Just what i was thinking, maybe hide behind a wall and shadow burst it would look so funny! maybe drop a skull near where they are so they see the skull then get in-bedded in dark bats and shadow hitting 26's *dreams of this disgusting scam*

Ok it's bad, but what is a game with out some fun *nudge* *nudge*

penguinesigrq6.png

I agree completely.

The first thing I said to a friend when this bug was going on was "Wow, what an idiot...firstly, he is making people loose millions, which will probably cause a few to quit....secondly, hes just getting himself banned."

I mean honestly, who is STUPID enough to do this? You KNOW your getting banned, theres just no way around that. Once your banned, all the items you STOLE are GONE. So what did we gain? NADA.

The only person i could see doing this, would be someone that is quiting rs and just doesnt care about their account anymore and wants it banned.

In any event, he is banned like he deserved, and to say he shouldnt be banned because he got "caught up in the moment" is bs. No moment lasts an hour without figuring out the consiquences :roll:

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

ROFL this is a funny thread

ITS A GAME, it's a bit of fun, someone abused a bug and killed some people he's not murdered your kids, or taken down Enron, let's put it into perspective....

Life moves on, and theres plenty of logs to cut, so chop chop guys get on with it.....

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

Hi all. I've been reading for quite some time, and don't post often, but this one is something I felt strongly about.

To be totally fair to Durial, I think you should be happy to get away with a permanent ban. Hours and hours of other people's time have been thrown away for his little episode of "fun". In a word, this is a total embarrassment, no matter if you are 5 years old or 70. You put yourself first well before everyone else, just so you could "create history." Well, the only history created was just a distasteful blip on the radar of Runescape. It's not something anyone should aspire to. In fact, if anything, it's a real wonder why jagex doesn't have a more stiff penalty in place for "bug abusers", because they lose jagex valuable committed customers.

Durial, I welcome the day when I forget this distasteful episode and your name, because this is absolutely shameful. That should take about 5 or 10 minutes. So much for "creating gaming history".

Btw, Leesters and gang - thanks for a classy website, and for your continued efforts to uphold good gaming ethic. This is from one [smithers09] who appreciates this very much.

Call me a pedantry noob, but it doesn't begin to tell you who's trustworthy - I can see the potential for condemning durial in forums in order to cultivate an air of trustworthiness that is undeserved.

On the other hand, it sure as hell shows you who's untrustworthy...

jiggeryqua.png

Personally, I don't think he, or the people that would have done the same thing in his position (I am one), did this for "pixelated gains." I would have done this because it would have been fun. I wouldn't care in the least if I got a billion phat sets. It would have just been some good ol' harmful fun (harmless if they kept their stuff).

xtc+tester.png

Call me a pedantry noob, but it doesn't begin to tell you who's trustworthy - I can see the potential for condemning durial in forums in order to cultivate an air of trustworthiness that is undeserved.

Pedantry read, and agreed to. ;)

i cant see how people can call him scum. he was havin fun on an online game. i dont want him to get banned. its like giving a 13year old boy fireworks and tellin him not to use them

Barrows drops: Torags pl8, Torgas legs, Guthans chainskirt

What exactly was "arrogant" about my post? And the "attitude" is not very happy right now, because this whole mess really disgusted me.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

This is true. But I know who I can rely on more. Most of the people that posted comment like I did I was expecting to do so, so I'm very proud of those guys. I'm also very dissapointed and discusted at some of the things I'm reading people post on here. Why is it that people have such bad morals these days? everone is so greedy its rediculase. It's fine if your rich but earn it dont bug abuse it :roll: .