How to train skills - Without the Mills (V.1.4) - Lil Update

The_Valor

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but i thought with herb seeds they die if you dont have the person watch them

so can i just plant some herb seeds then log out and then come in 2 hours later and they will be done?

With supercompost 90% will survive. Herbs cannot be watched by anyone else anyway and losing a few is not gunna make a huge difference

- My skills are now really, really lame ! Time to fix that! -

very nice guide..i like it a lot and will soon prove to be useful. On crafting though, you said that ring of dueling helps with iron smelting lol..(ring of forging), just a typo. Also, you might want to include the azrian mines...best gold mining place eva!

awesome guides.

I hadn't even realised that the rogues den existed, and now from just thieving the safes I went up a thieving level and got over 40 gems.

Thanks, and keep the guides coming

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

Good guide so far! Looking forward to more skills in there. I am thinking of doing a guide to super speed skilling, so any tips would be appreciated.

I've never been to Rogue's Den so I'll be sure to check that out some time, but I have almost 1k gems from slayer anyway, so I need a really fast way of getting gold, so far the Brimhaven mines are the best I've found, but still slow, someone mentioned an "azrian" mine or something, but I haven't got a clue what that is.

I hate farming, but if it's really that good, I may have to train it some time(I'm only 32 lol), any tips on how I can get supercompost at lvl 32?

You might want to put in the simple things that a lot of people already know, but would "complete" the guide, like powerfishing in shilo and then moving on to *forgets name* umm, the new fish. Also level/quest requirements for each section.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

nice guide mate, detailed and whatnot, just:

1. ring of dueling will not help u smith iron (lol)

2. rouges den and the bar are located north of heros guild, not champions

other than that, great guide

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

It's really funny...I posted something on the rogue's den trick a month or so ago, but nobody would listen to a noob like me. But, yeah, they probably shouldn't have had anyways. It takes forever to get the gems and the gold ores, smelt the ores, make the rings, and enchant them.

It would probably be quicker to try making pottery (pot lids are nice) or tiaras.

Then again, I was only 58-ish theiving, so who knows?

70herby.png

maybe add in alching while farming? a crafting(flax),fletching, magic, farming bonanza!

Well, once I decide to make my 212 ruby amulets, I'll alch them. So since makign amulets takes like 30 minutes, alchign 212 times takes 10 minutes. Think of something to do for the next 20 minutes and you've got quite a profit.

Rings of Dueling are fantastic for fast RuneCraft exp (going into that later in guide), and Rings of Dueling will enable good iron smelting.

;) You meant Ring of Forging.

Nice anyway.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

Nice guide valor, although it isn't money effective to mine ores and then smelt, you'd be better off selling the ores for 500 each and buying the bars for 200 each, or even finding somebody to do a 2;1 trade.

The problem with guides like this, is it doesn't address the issue of time as a commodity(usually the reason why people are poor is because they lack time management skills and knowing when to spend and when not to) , if it did I think it'd help alot of players out, but hey thats just me.

Here's a quick note on Agility Training.

1. It's boring.

2. There's no easy shortcuts.

3. You can't buy XP in Agility

4. It's boring.

Why do it?

1. Shortcuts

2. Increase in the length of time you can run for. Which is very useful.

Until you reach level 30, you're pretty much stuck with the Gnomes' Stronghold Course, there are odd obstacles that you can use for XP, but the only way to train is to run round in circles till you're dizzy. Then run round in circles some more.

The Gnomes' Stronghold Course is worth 86.5 points per lap. It's boring. What I did was set myself a target of either a number of laps or a number or minutes, grit my teeth and get on with it. I found that by being disciplined about it, I could get XP fairly quickly.

At level 30 you can do the Agility Pyramid in the desert. There's a couple of downsides to this one: it's waaaaay away at the bottom of the world, you need waterskins or you'll die of thirst. It's a long walk or a fairly expensive carpet ride. There is however, a bank in Nardah which is a short walk to the NorthEast.

Wear desert robes, take at least 8 water skins (full to start with) and the rest of your inventory in food. Each trip up the pyramid is worth 1014 XP and if you grab the gold pyramid artefact at the top, you can sell it to Simon at the bottom of the pyramid for 1K GP. So your first trip pays for your magic carpet ride and water skins, after that you're making money. It's fairly quick XP too. I found I could get in between 10 and 12 trips up the pyramid in an hour, depending on how often I fell or ran out of food and water. This meant that I was getting 10 - 12K XP an hour, plus 10 - 12K GP. I used this to get from about level 45 to level 60.

The Brimhaven agility arena can be fun or frustration. Now that we have farming there's no need to do it for the Toadflax or Snapdragons. You can make good XP there, and the tickets cash in for more XP. The downside is you need to be over level 40 to do all the obstacles and some of them knock your agility down, so agility pots are pretty much a necessity. If you're lagging at all, don't bother with it, you won't be able to tag the pillars fast enough.

At level 60 you can do the Wilderness Agility course. Excellent, fast XP, but with two major downsides: getting there and PKers. There's nothing more frustrating than being in sight of leveling up only to wake up in Lumbridge in your underwear! :lol:

It's worth 571.5 XP per circuit, and it's very quick. And dangerous. Much more fun if you go with a couple of friends -- that way you have someone to watch your back.

My favorite is the Ape Atoll course. The downside is that you have to have done Monkey Madness to be able to access the course and have a ninja monkey greegree to wield. When you've started the Awowogei part of Recipe for Disaster, you can teleport to Ape Atoll, which saves a lot of time and aggravation.

It's worth 580 XP per circuit, is nice and quiet, you don't need a lot of food -- I took 5 baskets of strawberries, ran about 90 circuits to make level 68 and came back with 3 full baskets. And a kebab from my mate the Drunken Dwarf. And best of all: No PKers.

So, to summarise:

Levels 1- 30: Gnome Stronghold

Levels 30 - 48: Agility Pyramid

Levels 48 and up: Ape Atoll (assuming you've done Monkey Madness otherwise stick with the Pyramid until you can do the Wildy course.)

Brimhaven and the Wildy course are fun to do with friends.

This has been my experience, your mileage may vary 8-)

hugh_mannity.png

It's worth 580 XP per circuit, is nice and quiet, you don't need a lot of food -- I took 5 baskets of strawberries, ran about 90 circuits to make level 68 and came back with 3 full baskets. And a kebab from my mate the Drunken Dwarf. And best of all: No PKers.

Another interesting point about food there is that if you bring a knife you can pick the pineapple plant at the bottom of the course and slice it for free food each lap. It's handy for keeping your hp boosted.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Just added a small piece on mining.

I am personally trying certain things (like shades for prayer nd firemaking) before I post them so things can take some time. Still, I will get there in the end.

- My skills are now really, really lame ! Time to fix that! -