*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)

Iantiger

I wonder what Zidane will be remembered for in France? Winning the world cup in '98 or losing it in '06.

I don't know what it is, but something tells me the cynical French will remember the latter.

France will win the World Cup again. Zidane will not.

Flawed genius.

Well done Italy. The better team over the tournament won it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

zidnae is a crazy maniac i love italy!!!! what a beutiful goal by fabio grosso and man that was amazing....to all amreicans who didi not see that world cup.....you are all ****ing dumb!!1111

Zam0whip o00- the rune pure I own

Stats: 79/80 attk 85/86 str 75/77 hp 43/45 def

D sccimes/longs PKed:19 Whips pked:1 Mauls:4

dds's pked :41 bloods:1045

mystic items:15 deaths:866

Screw Zidane. I've felt it all through the tournament, and after that display today he didn't deserve to end his career with his team winning. Terrible sportsmanship, that was just a stupid play by him.

Italy wasn't my first choice to win, but they were my second choice. And I didn't want France to win, so this is a good day ;).

I'll fill this out now.

1) Best Moment of the 2006 World Cup?

Totti's penalty kick with like 4 seconds left in the game against Austrailia (I believe it was against Austrailia).

2) Worst Moment of the 2006 World Cup?

Henry's dives versus...Well, everyone.

3) Most Valuable Player?

I can't pick one, but I'd say Buffon, Recardo and C. Ronaldo all played very well.

4) Worst Team?

USA probably.

5) Best Team?

Well, Italy...But I would say Spain and Portugal both played quite good as well.

6) Early Predictions for the 2010 World Cup? :D (Optional lol.)

Spain, they're bound to turn it around eventually.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

The headbutt by Zidane spoiled the final for me. I had been supporting France purely because I thought it would be nuce for Zidane to finish his career as a World Champion. He was a marvellous footballer and I thought it was really sad how it ended for him, whenever I think of him now I will think of this rather than the wonderful footballer he really is. Shame on him.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

It's not exactly nice where he grew up..I'd wager that he can hold his own.

Zidane headbutting one of those stupid cheating Italians was the best thing I've ever seen. Bas Rutten Jr anyone?

....It wasn't the best thing you've ever seen when it was Rooney in Zidane's place, though?

I'm Jake Milroy

Did Zidane honestly think that, in the World Cup Final, biggest sporting event on the globe, in front of millions and millions of people, he could think he could get away with that?

Just goes to show really, even football's 'geniuses' are idiots.

Did Zidane honestly think that, in the World Cup Final, biggest sporting event on the globe, in front of millions and millions of people, he could think he could get away with that?

That's true, but the it appeared to me like the ref didn't award the red card until he saw the headbutt on the giant monitor. I wonder what Materazzi said to Zidane to cause the attack?

I hate to see cheating scum like the Italians win (remember the Australia game, anyone?), but that's how it went down. Congrats, I guess.

luxurymh4.jpg

your 'genius' is'nt showing... its spelled futbol not football that the american way

fakie8sv.th.png

your 'genius' is'nt showing... its spelled futbol not football that the american way

huh? everythings right in that post of him. soccer is called football in europe, what makes mor sense anyway.

I remember the Austraaalia game. I don't suppose you remember the mass amount of Cahill's dives compared to Grosso, or the unfair red card at the most influential player on the pitch? Selective memory, eh? And it's spelt football. We're not all Brazilian, or media clones

I'm Jake Milroy

A moment of madness or something from Zidane. :o

Don't know what Materazzi might have told Zidane which made him do that or something went wrong in Zidane's head.

Well done to Italy anyway.

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

What a final. Had everything. Have to say I'm glad Italy won it.

Got bogged down a wee bit in the 2nd half but all in all a good football world cup. :)

Bring on 2010!

sig2ho7.jpg

That's true, but the it appeared to me like the ref didn't award the red card until he saw the headbutt on the giant monitor.

It didn't appear on the giant monitors. That's why all the french thought Buffon had provoked Zidane's expulsion.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

The headbutt by Zidane spoiled the final for me. I had been supporting France purely because I thought it would be nuce for Zidane to finish his career as a World Champion. He was a marvellous footballer and I thought it was really sad how it ended for him, whenever I think of him now I will think of this rather than the wonderful footballer he really is. Shame on him.

Aye, Zidane did end up closing his career with a bang... the wrong kind. Shock turned to dismay as I threw my pillow to the floor :cry:. France had some nice offense in the latter half of the match, but they couldn't seem to convert. Congrats to Italy for their victory =D>

cescsig.jpg

Zidane headbutting one of those stupid cheating Italians was the best thing I've ever seen. Bas Rutten Jr anyone?

People like you give the game a bad name.

Other than the fact of Zidane it was an alright game. However during the second half France dominated while in the first the Italians looked stronger. A truly thrilling game, and as Phil said bring on 2010, anyone know where it's being held?

People like you give the game a bad name.

so true.

2010 is being held in South Africa

sig2ho7.jpg

I don't think any of the refs saw what Zidane did anyway :|

You saw the ref talking to the 4th or 5th afficial and then running over to send off Zidane. Someone saw it and in the end the right choice was made.

sig2ho7.jpg

Zidane,

* PLAYING HIS LAST EVER GAME

* WORLD CUP FINALS

* LAST 5 MIN

* HIS TEAM NEEDS HIM/HES THE CAPTAIN..

And he freakin head buts a guy. I thought he was more mature then that, and it cost him. That's a disgraceful ending for him, i thought he needs respect, woops never mind.

Quitting Rs: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=3612741#3612741

Visit My quitting rs bank sale in falador square

sh4rp+blade.png

I have to admit that was pretty hardcore

zidane29b8ww.gif

The mortal Kombat thing is hilarious. Does anyone notice that at the same time Zidane punches the guy in the side?(left hand)

As a coach I definatly would of left Henry or Ribery in the game instead of subbing, it would of paid off during penalty kicks.

1z2zrwo.jpg