Random Events. Yes? No? Maybe?

Giordano

With Jagex's war on Marcos, they have released tons of new random events. Are these events actully useful, or just a pain in your back quarters?

To start off, I believe there is three types of Random Events: Skill, Random, Tele.

Skill events are when your rune head comes off your pick or that monster throws your fishing equipment away. I agree with these events, since they might stop autoers.

Random events are like the Sandwitch Lady, River Troll, Wise Old Man (w/ box), Rick the Ex-criminal. These events just slows you down and are pretty useless. I dont like these ones.

Tele events are things that tele you from the place you once were. These includes Seargent Demon, Leo, Mime, Maze, and Gameshow. These, again, take you away to do some pointless task and wastes your

time. I dont like these, since you can die if you make a mistake (Mime).

Now for your opinions. Random Events. Yes? No? Or maybe?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

i happen to love all of the randoms that are in the game. they help to break up the monotony of training.

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

i happen to love all of the randoms that are in the game. they help to break up the monotony of training.

What he said.

Really, I don't see why people don't like randoms unless you like repeatativeness. In that case...

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

All of them are actually cool except the evil chicken. As nvw said, they just pop out of nowhere when you try to get someplace and completely distract you. Stupidest thing is if you're running out of a dungeon with low hp, run out of energy and the idiot pops up and tries to kill you. Hey, I'm a fair player, I don't owe the bum anything, why is he targetting ME?

Head Coach of the G!X Black Scrim Team 2007

---Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Internationals---

i dont like the tele ones

the monters are back agressive if u come back wich i dont want if i train ranged

(melee is a different story)

What they should make in the bank is a different compartment for random event clothes, i had to drop full camo and full zombie already

amount of random clothes:

mime: 5

zombie: 5

camo: 3

forrester: 3

total: 16 spaces in bank

also for non tradable holiday items, yes u can get em back from diango or lumby swamp (zombie head)

but its more fun if u just can get em out of ur bank when u want to

bunny ears

scythe

4 scarvs

4 winter hats

jojo

ring easter

puppet (christmas)

zombie head

... (did i forgot 1???)

i only have my scythe in bank (wasnt online on the day for bnny ears :( )

i just dropped the r est the day they came out cause i dont have bank space anyway

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

I just hate Leo the Gravedigger. I've gotten him 8 times and i now only get 500gp. That's just pointless and the only bones i bury are the Big bones at Ice Caves and always when i come back the Ice Warriors start attacking me again (i just hate it).

proudtobeopo1137tu.jpg

Randoms add a bit of spice into a game because sometimes doing repetitive actions gets really dull.

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

I'd seperate them into more categories:

1. Nuisance events - the equipment breakage ones - axe head flying off can be a nightmare if the area is full of ash - so many red dots!

2. Guardians - a tough fight, some have a chance of a worthwhile drop, usually impossible to kill without food (Though I managed a rock golem with prayer - not even protect)

3. Skill givers - Evil bob, genie

4. Gift givers - eg. MoM (item, box, maze)

Some are junk - Drunk Dwarf

5. Clothing givers - great if you like a fancy, losable, 0-stat outfit that takes as much bank space as real armour.

6. Pain in the backside - Evil chicken, the one that tries to kill you for nothing in particular.

7. Misusable events:

a. Certer - use to note bulk items, after dropping weapon and tools.

b. Sandwich lady - use for random tele away from area, last 2 were both south gate of Falador (I was hoping for Varrock)

I like the ones with good drops, my favourite is the Wood spirit, with potential for a good axe or some nats.

Well, the fact that they have done absolutely nothing to stop the productivity of autoers (fact) and that they seem to annoy players in general more than entertain them (opinion), I'd say they're pretty much obsolete.

But will Jagex get rid of them? No chance. That's like admitting they've made a mistake, and we all know they don't make mistakes, right?

Well, the fact that they have done absolutely nothing to stop the productivity of autoers (fact) and that they seem to annoy players in general more than entertain them (opinion), I'd say they're pretty much obsolete.

But will Jagex get rid of them? No chance. That's like admitting they've made a mistake, and we all know they don't make mistakes, right?

Right... Kuche Kuche...

The don't mistake... kuche...

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

I like the axe-splitting random because if it's a rune axe, just step on the axe head and wait a minute... then cha-ching, you just got 20k! lol....

I like from randoms and gravedigger and clothe giving randoms because it adds to my wardrobe, although it takes up alot of space.

The genie random is awesome. Free xp :D

I also like the maze random because it gives me a chance to take a break from my skill and run to the center.

The candle random is kinda pointless...

I don't mind the dwarf random, but it's really kind of pointless... actually, i was having a staring contest with the dwarf for a while... but ended up giving in because they just don't blink... :roll:

I really can't think of any other randoms... river troll is pointless.... tree spirit: i'm still waiting for that "rune axe" it drops... rock golem is also pointless unless you want the few earth runes or somehting.

So yeah, i dont' really mind the randoms, but I think jagex can get rid of a few.

Leo the grave digger was nice untill I got full zombie + emotes. Now I just hate him. A lot of the teleport ones are a pain because while I could be mining Rune essence, Im uncooking fish for a fat cat. I like the drill demons though Ive only gotten it once. The ones that just pop up and give you gems adds a nice collection of gems in my bank ^________^

Good day sir, how may I help you?

Id like to access my bank account please.

Certainly sir.