Ring of Charos (u) > Ring of wealth ?

gehjl

Im fine with ROW, cause i wouldnt call 7 chain drops in about 280-300 KQ kills bad luck. Also got many more dragon drops with my ring

[-o<

2000+ total

99 attack - str - def - hp - range - mage - prayer - cooking

87 con

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all coincidence, plus the actual ammount ROW raises the drop rate is still only small, so its not THAT noticable, but it does make a difference.

Mystical.

Mystical+Jin.png

RoW increases your CHANCES of getting a RARE drop by 20%. It's all chance, and to the guy who got 3 half keys and d med in 2 days or however many, I got 6 half keys and d med in 4 days with no other drops, but I've never worn anything other than RoL at barrows, and I've only had 1 other half key and no more d meds since then, those drops seem to come in batches, it's weird. Still, I'm all for an experiment testing this out, I think someone tried it before using RoL at abbys, don't know the results though.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Speaking of this:

I am at pyrefiends, i get a evil chiken, just as it attacked me, i killed a pyrefiend and it dropped half key :D

(I had a ROW)

Best/latest drop list:

Rune: 18th of june 2006 [scimmy]

Other: 6th of June 2006 [3 half keys, T]

26th of june 2006 [yellow mystic hat]

untitled6kv7.gif

when i read this whole topic I came with these 2 conclusions:

LUCK and CHANCE

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

I think it's luck too, but it worked for me and my friend, lol. I just thought it was interesting. I'm gonna be wearing this ROC to KBD and Dust Devils soon. I'll post results. Btw 180 kuraks and nothing, wow, i never thought a lv 106 could have such bad drops.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

k i kno nuthin about drop rates but I was at pyrefiends and i killed like 50 and got an addy med...............and 9 drops after another addy med so in 163 kills i got 3 addy meds, 4 steel boots (most of which went to my m8 for supplying food and super att pot).

anyway back on topic I was wearing........................................... ROW

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

AHhh! It all makes sense now! The Ring of Charos (u) unlocks the monster's rare drops! Just like e=mc^2! Imma genius :)

^ Yes, I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.

I killed around 200 kurasks and no head #-o But its ok because I was on assignment.. \'

well, since you dont, i'll inform you what that equation means

e is energy

m is mass

c^2 is the speed of light squared...

what its saying that every object has the potential energy of its mass*the speed of light squared...

but thats besides the point

on topic: i lost my ring of charos...how do i get one back...get another from the well and take it to the old man?

Lol, I know that.. I meant I didn't have any idea of how what I said coincided with this topic. Don't worry about me, I'm just crazy. :-$

king_bawoul.png

I thought I would try this out on the basilisks. The ring did kind of work because I got 4 rune daggers in one trip. But I had never got rune daggers before lol. Maybe it was just luck. :)

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

Drops are all luck anyways. Ring of wealth doesn't significantly increase your chances, it just increases them somewhat. Ring of charos, on the other hand, does nothing.

Exactly, ring of wealth does so little, it's hardly noticeable, and even if you kill Millions of monsters with and without it, you'll hardly get more drops with then without.

RoW increases the chance of rare drops by probably only 1% (No idea where people have got 20% from, that seems too high) So say the chance of a rare drop is 1/10000, with a ROw it would be 1% less than that, 1/9900 hardley any difference what so ever, even at 20% that's still 1/8000 chance very rare, but I don't believe it to be 20%, seems FAR too high. That's why people say RoW doesn't work, because some time's it's only about 1/50 difference, or not even that. That ammount is hardly noticeable.

Alright I do barrows with a roc(u)

1st trip

Teeth half key, deaths, minds, 37 bracks

2nd trip

2685 coins

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

i also think that ROC is much better then wealth.. time to time ive been killing fire giants for slayer, fun and training

killed 1k+ to get 70 range with ROW got around 10 crystal keys and 4 rune smmys and some other junk.. come back sometime with melle for a bit of fun but this time i brang ROC musta killed around 800+ 2 left halfs and a d med 8-)

hahaha, so i'm not the only crazy one. Others have gotten better drops with it \' I still think it has some unknown power. And to who asked how to unlock it, start Garden of Tranquility

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race