*Official* WoW topic. All discussion & questions here!

donutjunkie

Just choose a whatever really. Most people have a cat though.

Here is a good link to give you information once your into the game: http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/

Personally, I've got a cat, gonna stable him and get a scorp. One thing to remember, tame other pets so you can get their abilities and use them on your main pet, if you understand me. Things like dash, stalk etc.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cats are good if you're soloing but when in a party, Bears or other tanks are usually better. Having your pet offtank can be really helpful when you get into the harder dungeons. If ofcourse there is already an offtank in the group then bring your cat along so you do more damage

one suggestion, if you want a scorp, or crab tame em at low levels.

at 55 or so i was looking for a crab but there was none around my combat level.

if you want a good all round pet i would suggest a bear. you can tame them at all levels,and they can do fine in most groups/solo. also they eat anything.

if doing bg a boar might be good, had a hell of a lot of def, and their charge is handy

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

i finally have a pet!

another question, what pet should i get?

i figured tanking pets are better than attacking ones but should i get a bear or a boar or what?

Boar or cat.

Boar good at tanking and the charge attack is good

Cat has claw and prowl is good

If in raid.. try wolf , it helps the raid abit....

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

so for tanking use a boar but if in an instance use a cat or wolf?

does it make any difference whether or not u use a cat or wolf?

how do u get pets to learn other pet's abilities?

i finally quit runescape to play world of warcraft. i play on frostmourne, alliance

check out my thread

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=479665&highlight=

One thing to remember, tame other pets so you can get their abilities and use them on your main pet, if you understand me. Things like dash, stalk etc.

please explain.

i finally quit runescape to play world of warcraft. i play on frostmourne, alliance

check out my thread

basicall different pets have different skills.

Bats : screech , dive

boar : dash , some instant attack

cat : prowl , claw...

ya

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

One thing to remember, tame other pets so you can get their abilities and use them on your main pet, if you understand me. Things like dash, stalk etc.

please explain.

Use this: http://www.goodintentionsguild.info/hun ... tabilities

For example, if you tamed a cat, but it doesn't have the ability 'prowl', you could stable your pet, and go out and tame an Alterac: Mountain Lion and there's a chance (or it may be 100% or depending on how long you use the throw away pet), that you can 'learn' the 'prowl', and then teach it to your main pet.

New patch, cross-realm bgs should be fun. I'm on a fairly new server, hasn't opened AQ yet, so I can see myself getting owned. :cry:

New patch, cross-realm bgs should be fun. I'm on a fairly new server, hasn't opened AQ yet, so I can see myself getting owned. :cry:

New patch is great. BG queues on my server went down from an hour + to less than a minute. Plus its nice to kill more people and get a variety of people on the alliance.

Sure, I've been running in to Ashkandi Warriors with 8k health and Mages that hit for 1400+; but it's still a blast.

Foooman.png

i dunno why , but duel wield is better than 2h.

Oh asskandy is not really good..only the attack power.

dark edge of insanity is better with many stats

twss.jpg

please explain.

Use this: http://www.goodintentionsguild.info/hun ... tabilities

For example, if you tamed a cat, but it doesn't have the ability 'prowl', you could stable your pet, and go out and tame an Alterac: Mountain Lion and there's a chance (or it may be 100% or depending on how long you use the throw away pet), that you can 'learn' the 'prowl', and then teach it to your main pet.

so the longer i have the throw away pet the more likely i will be able to teach my pet the ability, how long exactly? until it levels?

check out my thread

something about arcane shot

I use it when I'm trying to DPS someone really quickly while I'm on the run, or if I'm fighting a warrior or someone that has a lot of armor because it negates armor I believe.

This is from a PvP standpoint though, WSG specifically.

As for the new patch:

Eh good concept. I think pretty much half of the people love it (low pop servers), and the other half hate it because of longer queue times.

I personally like the shorter queue times, but I kind of miss building up rivalries between certain people or guilds. Also, if I make friends with a fellow alliance that's on another server, I can't talk to them once the game is over =\.

Just so you know, I'm in Battlegroup 9. I'm a 29 NE Hunter and I play on Frostmane. I currently sit at 1.8k hp unbuffed and use ironweaver as my gun and my highest crit is about 639 without zerker buff. Yea, I'm kind of twinked, but I don't have like dual crusader or librams or anything like that. No weapon enchants, just hp/sta/agi enchants on my gear. Oh, and I'm 7k from revered with silverwing I think.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

ok about night elves, well ive decided that i hate gnomes and dwarves and would prefer night elves to humans because night elves have the awesome racial.

The only thing i hate about night elves is the starting spot, id rather start in the human spot, i see lots of night elves around away from teldrassil at early levels, i asked some of them how they got here, they said that they ran, running would take an age would it not? if i was to get a mage to summon me a portal would i have to pay them? how much? would it be hard to find a mage willing to do this? how long would it take to go from teldrassil to elwynn forest without the portal?

check out my thread

many get summoned by a lock on our server.

its a pain to get a mage to open a portal( i know i have a mage) as you haveto get them to come over to teldrassil. the portal thing itself is only 20s, but its the hastle of getting over there.

i'd usggest you do a death run though the wetlands, just bank your stuff, then keep running though, you'll get a lil further everytime, but guarantee dying over half a dozen times.

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

It's not that far of a run and you only have to do it once plus you pick up alot of flight paths along the way. Teldrassil -> Aburdiene -> boat to menthiel harbour -> Ironforge -> tram to Stormwind.

That's 6 flight paths, if you pick up the one in Dun Mourgh aswell. As Sluggy said, the only trouble you should have is at the wetlands but if you stick to the road, should be easy as.

The only tricky part of it I remember is the wetlands, just make sure you have you beast spotting ability on if you have it and stay faaaar away from crocs (huge radius) and you should be at loch modan in no time. If you have a pet you're pretty much guaranteed not to die if they have growl and you can sacrifice them :)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

The only tricky part of it I remember is the wetlands, just make sure you have you beast spotting ability on if you have it and stay faaaar away from crocs (huge radius) and you should be at loch modan in no time. If you have a pet you're pretty much guaranteed not to die if they have growl and you can sacrifice them :)

RSPCA would be angry ...

rough sketch of path anyone?

check out my thread

ok i made a night elf warrior.

what professions?

what talents? please use worldofwarcraft.com's talent calculator to show me this

what stats?

what weapon?

defence or stats in armour?

dps or stats in weapons?

should i go to stormwind and do my quests there as soon as possible?

any other tips?

check out my thread

I'd just like to say something here

However tempting it is, DO NOT take pictures of Nessy from the tram :(

I did and learned the hard way what happened *pictures coming in a bit*

wowscrnshot083106224811xb8.th.jpg

wowscrnshot083106224836vp6.th.jpg

wowscrnshot083106224848qv9.th.jpg

wowscrnshot083106224856ap2.th.jpg

wowscrnshot083106224923nw4.th.jpg

Captions:

1. This is the one I took when I lagged....

2. WTF is that a shark!? IN RED!?!?!!?

3. Hey! It's nesssssy!

4. some more shark

5. shark got me in one hit, but theres the tram

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.