*Official* WoW topic. All discussion & questions here!

donutjunkie

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone play on the Azjol Nerub server? If ya do, I've got a 60 Rogue with all my tier 1 and some of my tier 2 armour set. Raid pretty hardcore. Oh, and my epic weapons.

If you wanna meet up ingame, send me a PM on here and we'll organise something.

Anyone play on the Azjol Nerub server? If ya do, I've got a 60 Rogue with all my tier 1 and some of my tier 2 armour set. Raid pretty hardcore. Oh, and my epic weapons.

If you wanna meet up ingame, send me a PM on here and we'll organise something.

If I ever play again (shrug) I'll look you up. Azjol Nerub was the server I rolled my second character on, but I've since quit playing because it's just too time consuming. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

All I know about Paladins is they fear like crazy, and I dont even play rofl. :shock:

Paladins don't have a fear - they have a stun, but not a fear. Priests have an AoE fear every 30 seconds (24 with talents, I think) and then Warlocks have a 1.5 second cast fear with no cooldown - but there is diminishing return on fear (and polymorph and other CCs). Diminishing return means if a polymorph lasts for 15 seconds in PvP, if you cast it right away on the same target, it may go down to 10 seconds - keep casting and eventually you they become immune to it for a short while.

As far as starting areas go, I find Elwynn to be the most pleasant. I can see what Lionheart means about Teldrassil being the most "safe" but I don't care for the quests there and I don't care for the general layout of the area. I usually save the quests like "Go to Stormwind" for right when I'm about to level, when I have more than one, or if I need to go get my first professions. But when you first start WoW, things aren't as straightforward as that. In my case, once I got the hang of things at level 18 or so, I rerolled because I learned I did miss a lot of things (and I wanted to take in as much of the environment as possible). I think you may do the same - reroll once you have got the hang of how WoW works. I'm not saying that if you skip a level 6 quest and don't explore area X in Teldrassil, you'll be forever weakened in your WoWing--but for a freak like me, there are some parts of leveling/playing a character that need to be a certain way (for instance, I like exploring all parts of a zone before leaving it.. even if I didn't quest there. Bad brown unexplored areas!)

Druids are an OK class to play but can be boring to level up. Sometimes they are a bit tricky and forms can be hard to master - I don't suggest them as a starting class. They're fun, sure.. but when transitioning from RuneScape to WoW, I recommend a pally or warrior - something that absorbs damage until you learn how to properly master the way the combat system in WoW works. :P

Paladins do very little DPS but since their patch, they do a bit more. They're very hard to kill (plate armor, heals, shield) and have some excellent support abilities. They are wanted quite often as they can off-heal and then off-tank but to be honest, it's not my playstyle. I prefer plain DPS - no support. I have enough to worry about.. I don't want to help others. :lol: I did play a priest to 60 though... rofl. Anyways, it's up to you to find what playstyle you like. All classes have a role - don't assume that one class will be more wanted than another. You'll find your niche eventually.

Anyways... best of luck to you and your questing in WoW.

my friend mentioned to me just yesterday that fear is a warlock-only ability.

anyway the paladin is fun to play

i finally quit runescape to play world of warcraft. i play on frostmourne, alliance

check out my thread

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=479665&highlight=

the new skills i learnt are pretty cool, which seal is best?

also i would really like to know what talents i should have

Seal of Command is the best for damage, I've heard.

But Paladins are very situational. You use your seals and judgements and what not depending on the situation you're in.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Was anything ever done about the disadvantage that paladins have by not being able to use stat-boosting items in their ranged slot?

Yes, Librams were introduced.

Foooman.png

Was anything ever done about the disadvantage that paladins have by not being able to use stat-boosting items in their ranged slot?

Yes, Librams were introduced.

please explain ...

yeh the seal's are pretty cool except for the fact that they last for like stuff all time.

my friend just gave me a gold coin so im all set now.

i finally quit runescape to play world of warcraft. i play on frostmourne, alliance

check out my thread

Librams are just an item that a paladin can hold in his/her ranged weapon slot, and they have stat boosts. The people in my guild currently favour the +Flash of light healing one.

Druids have much the same thing except they are called Idols.

Librams are just an item that a paladin can hold in his/her ranged weapon slot, and they have stat boosts. The people in my guild currently favour the +Flash of light healing one.

Druids have much the same thing except they are called Idols.

As do Shamans, called Relics.

Anyways...The Lirbam's don't boost stats (as they should...dumb ole' Blizzard!) instead, they boost a special class feature. For instance, +healing for Paladins or less mana per Cleanse casted. There is a Shaman one that gives +30 damage to shocks (best one out there, and it's a blue item, lol), stuff like that.

- Me!

oh ok.

talents suggested for paladins?

i just hit lvl 10

Put talents into Retribution until you get Seal of Command, I guess. Then for leveling I guess I'd say go fully Retirbution...Makes it faster. :P

- Me!

oh ok.

talents suggested for paladins?

i just hit lvl 10

Put talents into Retribution until you get Seal of Command, I guess. Then for leveling I guess I'd say go fully Retirbution...Makes it faster. :P

are there any disadvantages to this?

check out my thread

Part of the fun of starting out WoW is that everything is new--including talents. You will for sure be respeccing later and putting one point in the wrong talent won't kill you. Experiment! Sure, there are good talent builds that are specifically for leveling but sometimes it is great fun to make your own (and then on the time you reroll, then follow the cookie-cutter builds, lol).

Meanwhile, I suggest asking about paladin builds here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board ... ow-paladin

sithbridgeay2.jpg

Need help fast.

I just bought WoW. The guy at EB said I get 30 days free and so does the box.. I've only got the authentation(sp?) code. I enetered that and I'm on the 5th step where I enter a code. I can't use credit card, because I'm only 15 and I have to pay for everything myself. Does the 30 days free still work? I would contact Blizz, but they are closed right now and there email takes like 24 hours aswell.

Thanks for the help anyone. :-w

cyco_1.jpg

Need help fast.

I just bought WoW. The guy at EB said I get 30 days free and so does the box.. I've only got the authentation(sp?) code. I enetered that and I'm on the 5th step where I enter a code. I can't use credit card, because I'm only 15 and I have to pay for everything myself. Does the 30 days free still work? I would contact Blizz, but they are closed right now and there email takes like 24 hours aswell.

Thanks for the help anyone. :-w

You get 30 days free, but you need either a credit card or a prepaid card to make it activate. I bought a prepaid card since i can have a credit card (16). So got to buy one of those first before you can play.... sorry dude.

BTW... if you do get on, go play on blood hoof ^^ i want to help somone lve and play the game with from here!

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Aw damn, wanted to start playing. :|

Well it looks like I'll have to get the card.

So pretty much you get 90 Days when you buy the 60 day card for the first time?

cyco_1.jpg

Yup! and dont worry, its worth it.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Yup! and dont worry, its worth it.

Sweet. Thanks for your help. Looks like another trip to EB tommorrow. \'

cyco_1.jpg

yeah there's no age restriction when buying the game card things.

my friend really annoys me sometimes, he's the one who convinced me to do enchanting in the first place, he also encouraged me to get mining as my 2nd proffession a guy on the forums said that tailoring was better because you can make green items at low levels but my friend told me to get mning anyway and to quit beign a noob. so anyway i smelted all my copper and my mining lvl was 65, then he tells me to get tailoring "its really cool you can make your own bags and make green items at like really low levels and cloth is hell easy to come by, it's also hell easy to level!" so now im doing tailoring ...

check out my thread

my friend really annoys me sometimes, he's the one who convinced me to do enchanting in the first place, he also encouraged me to get mining as my 2nd proffession a guy on the forums said that tailoring was better because you can make green items at low levels but my friend told me to get mning anyway and to quit beign a noob. so anyway i smelted all my copper and my mining lvl was 65, then he tells me to get tailoring "its really cool you can make your own bags and make green items at like really low levels and cloth is hell easy to come by, it's also hell easy to level!" so now im doing tailoring ...

LOL you should of asked me and taken my advice in the first place. I swear i said enchanting and tailoring...

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

LOL you should of asked me and taken my advice in the first place. I swear i said enchanting and tailoring...

my friend is very persuasive ...

ok now instances.

i watched my older brother do an instance, there were lots of lvl 20 elites in there and the instance entrance is in westfall, moonglade. is this VC? is this the first instance i can get into? how many people do you suggest i get before i attempt to do this?

i swear a saw an instance in stormwind where you only need to be level 15 to get into so which one is the first one i can do?

what is the goal of an instance? im in it for the green drops so i can disenchant them but what are you actually supposed to be working towards? any other info about instances?

check out my thread

That's the Deadmines. VC is Van Cleef - the boss there. As far as I remember he's 24 elite. You'll need 5 people there, depending on levels, and you want everyone there to be at least level 20 if you're doing the whole thing.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.