*Official* WoW topic. All discussion & questions here!

donutjunkie

the problem with that map is that in the night elf place they are absolutely everywhere, the ones im looking for anyway

Did you try zooming in?

And btw, to answer your other question, no you wont miss alot if you dont do the quests, but it makes the game more fun all around if you follow the story line.

I dont know anything about druids.

I'd probaly be level 4 instead of 14 if I hadn't done any quests sofar >.<

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why people are saying Rogue's are so good in PvP and PvE, here are some things to remember.

Rogues are terrible against plate wearers (warrior, paladin) most Backstab/ambush rogues go for alot of damage quickly, this is rendered useless by people using decent armour, mail is fine though since the armour bonus isn't as good.

Rogues ARE a melee class, therefore they have to be in there, in the action or they are pointless, this causes both problems on the field in PvP and in high level instances, for PvP their armour bonus is terrible, so they rely on dodging to keep them alive if they get attacked, which isn't very useful against casters. And in PvE most high level bosses in high level instances (eg. Zul'Gurub, Molten Core etc) will have AoE (Area of Effect) meaning that they are going to hurt you when you are near, even if you are not being attacked by them (having Aggro), and since all the healers are healing the main tank (person taking all the damage from the boss) you have to rely on bandages, which is not very relyable (60 sec cooldown). Also they are poor at taking Aggro (the mobs attention) so they cannot save the casters if they are under attack (they shouldn't have to really, but it is sometimes the case). Rogues have very little AoE attacks as well, so they cannot be used for AoE.

A rogue is my main character, and ok he is pretty good, but for a rogue to be REALLY good/fun you need full epic gear, and very decent knowledge of what you are doing, I do NOT recommend a rogue as your first character.

My advice to first time players is to make a caster class (excluding priest) these require the least knowledge and (IMO) are the most fun characters, I currently have alot of twinks (somebody who has REALLY good gear for their level, and just plays battlegrounds all the time EG. I have a 29 mage with very nice stuff and I just OWN 20-29 Warsong Gulch all the time) and these are the most fun I have had on WoW, and if you make a caster twink they are not very expensive, of course if you want them REALLY good you can dish out alot of money, but it's a waste.

Thanks for pointing out Thottbot this is a very good database and if you read the players comments (scroll down on whatever your looking at) there is alot of informative information.

What a lecture :3> .

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

Rouge was my first... and i understand how to use the class better then any other. I take agility over anything, and the high DPS is good.

Of course a rouge cant take a plated warrior, thats idiotic to do that alone (unless many lvs lower).

Edit: BTW, i was reading about twinks, i heard they ruin the game. All they basicly are, are tanked out characters that no matter what you do, you cannot beat them. And whilst reading, i heard that twinked Rouges are better then twinked Warriors...?

From the sounds of it, that ruins the fun. I jus try to play with my knowledge of the skills, and the use of them.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Rouge was my first... and i understand how to use the class better then any other. I take agility over anything, and the high DPS is good.

Of course a rouge cant take a plated warrior, thats idiotic to do that alone (unless many lvs lower).

Edit: BTW, i was reading about twinks, i heard they ruin the game. All they basicly are, are tanked out characters that no matter what you do, you cannot beat them. And whilst reading, i heard that twinked Rouges are better then twinked Warriors...?

From the sounds of it, that ruins the fun. I jus try to play with my knowledge of the skills, and the use of them.

A twinked character is no different than someone who just simply is good at making money, and I know this from EQ2.

twinked ... well my friend gave me a gold coin and i spent most of it on weps and armour, so im kinda twinked sept for the fact that my wep really sucks

wat lvl do i start making money in alchemy? what do i need to make in alchemy to make money? how much should i sell all my potions for?

should i use the auction house? if not what should i use?

i finally quit runescape to play world of warcraft. i play on frostmourne, alliance

check out my thread

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=479665&highlight=

A twinked character is no different than someone who just simply is good at making money, and I know this from EQ2.

Let's say your average crusader or +15 agi enchant costs 100g (it varies a bit). There's a few ways for a lvl 19 character to get this amount of gold, but there's only two that does not mean he will level while doing it, and if he levels, he's out of that particular battleground bracket. In other words, he does not want to level. He can either buy/sell stuff on the auctionhouse and make money that way - which is a going to be quite a painstalking process because he's not going to start out with that much funds, but it's theoretically possible, or he could be someone's twink. That's it. The primary thing here is that he cannot do anything that will make him level which makes him very different from the people who are "just good at making money".

IMHO, the only thing twinks does is make low level BG PvP boring because enchants and whatnot do not come with level restrictions, meaning a lvl 19 character can run around with the same enchants on his gear as a lvl 60 will. But... I can take 1-20 in less than a week and be out of that bracked. Heck, if I didn't have anything else to do, I could probably do it as one all-nighter. But that's it. They don't ruin the game any other way.

As for alchemy... The big money is at 300 when you can transmute and make major mana/health potions, but along the way there's a few things that might sell anyway. I'd recommend picking up and leveling fishing a bit, as some alchemy things require fishes. Swiftness potions and Free Action Potions are not that high in the alchemy tree, but they can - and are - used even by high levels (For example, our guild uses swiftness potions on Razorgore in BWL)

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Let's say your average crusader or +15 agi enchant costs 100g (it varies a bit). There's a few ways for a lvl 19 character to get this amount of gold, but there's only two that does not mean he will level while doing it, and if he levels, he's out of that particular battleground bracket. In other words, he does not want to level. He can either buy/sell stuff on the auctionhouse and make money that way - which is a going to be quite a painstalking process because he's not going to start out with that much funds, but it's theoretically possible, or he could be someone's twink. That's it. The primary thing here is that he cannot do anything that will make him level which makes him very different from the people who are "just good at making money".

IMHO, the only thing twinks does is make low level BG PvP boring because enchants and whatnot do not come with level restrictions, meaning a lvl 19 character can run around with the same enchants on his gear as a lvl 60 will. But... I can take 1-20 in less than a week and be out of that bracked. Heck, if I didn't have anything else to do, I could probably do it as one all-nighter. But that's it. They don't ruin the game any other way.

As for alchemy... The big money is at 300 when you can transmute and make major mana/health potions, but along the way there's a few things that might sell anyway. I'd recommend picking up and leveling fishing a bit, as some alchemy things require fishes. Swiftness potions and Free Action Potions are not that high in the alchemy tree, but they can - and are - used even by high levels (For example, our guild uses swiftness potions on Razorgore in BWL)

IMHO? does that stand for in my honest opinion?

dude i still havent got fishing yet, where the hell is the trainer?

how do i get my mic to work on WoW?

i finally quit runescape to play world of warcraft. i play on frostmourne, alliance

check out my thread

You don't use your mic on WoW. Someone already told you that. You use it on Ventrilo/Teamspeak. If you're not in a raiding guild, don't bother, you'll have no use for it.

Fishing trainer's are by most bodies of water. If you're an elf, it's in Darnassus by the water area.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

the human one is just down the road from goldshire, follow path towards westfall then go south at first river

the dwarf one is up by gnomeregan.

the tauren one is right in the village just before thunderbluff(can't remember village name)

rest i don't know sorry

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

When in a main city, just talk to the guards and ask them about the location of a trainer. They will set up a little flag so you know where to go. (Fishing is only usfull if you have cooking, and cant heal yourself well. With alchemy, you dont have to worry about it. But meh, you can fish anyways)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Well i'm pretty damn bored since my membership has run out, nothing to do and cba to go into town to get a gamecard :-k ... Anyway if anyone gets bored and wants to look at some WoW stuff go to Video.google and just search for WoW PvP or whatever, i'm currently going through the search "Rank 14", getting pretty bored of seeing warriors though :wall: .

ehm IDK why it's filtering google.video.com but anyway just go on googles main page and find the videos or something.. :-k

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

heh, this was just coming from experience in everquest 2. There you can actualy turn off your combat xp, so that lvl 20 ganking the crap out of you could just have his xp off and make a ton of cash farming. (lot of players do it. *sigh*. Why the higher level PvP ended up making me quit the game.)

hmmm ... ive decided druids suck, my bear form got owned in about 10 seconds by something the same lvl so now im using a human paladin called "fishandchips" on frostmourne.

suggested talents?

i went paladin because my friend told me that if you don't have fun with a paladin then there is something wrong with you.

what are the pro's and cons of paladins?

can they kill stuff easily, easier then druids?

easy to play?

my friend told me that they are 1 of the most sought after classes for raids and parties, true? what is it that they want from paldins? the healing? the buffs? the tanking? the damage dealing?

on my druid i was going to go feral because they do damage but people dont want feral druids they want healing druids, what kind of paladin do people want?

anything else you want to add about paladins which might help?

check out my thread

see i dont even know what "fear" is?

does it make them run away or what?

Yea it makes them run away apparently and you can just do it over and over again. I've watched my cousin play and he gets so pissed when he fights Pallys.

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.

hey i just noticed that im a dark wizard robe and have posted 700 times

and that you are from oregon and have posted 40 times and you are rat meat ...

on topic: i noticed the night elves have a very unorganised starting place, are other starting places better?

check out my thread

on topic: i noticed the night elves have a very unorganised starting place, are other starting places better?

Night elves have THE most organised starting place. All other races' (except unded which are basicly the hoard version of nightelves) starting places you can screw up in, and basicly go off into the world without even reaching the main city. For instance, with a human, you start in the abby, and when you go out of there to the forest, there is a mountian to your right, but stormwind is just a bit further. But you can still go towards the others stuff, and i think unlesss i had started as a night elf, i would have been a human who went off and never found stormwind.

BTW, Druids arnt ment to be tanks. That is probably why you lost to the thing the same lve. Also things of the same lve tend to be hard. Fight things lower lve unless you know you cna take on your lve.

Edit: BTW, dont be discuraged if you die alot, it happens. I can go on for about half an hour trying to accomplish it, just to find i really shouldnt be there...

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Night elves have THE most organised starting place. All other races' (except unded which are basicly the hoard version of nightelves) starting places you can screw up in, and basicly go off into the world without even reaching the main city. For instance, with a human, you start in the abby, and when you go out of there to the forest, there is a mountian to your right, but stormwind is just a bit further. But you can still go towards the others stuff, and i think unlesss i had started as a night elf, i would have been a human who went off and never found stormwind.

BTW, Druids arnt ment to be tanks. That is probably why you lost to the thing the same lve. Also things of the same lve tend to be hard. Fight things lower lve unless you know you cna take on your lve.

Edit: BTW, dont be discuraged if you die alot, it happens. I can go on for about half an hour trying to accomplish it, just to find i really shouldnt be there...

what i mean about teldrassil is that the quests are very spread out and not neccessarily in order ie: go to darnassus and do all quests then lvl up go to dolanaar and deliver something then more quests in darnasses then lvl up and your in lake al math or something. i dunno hard to explain.

in the dwarf and gnome starting area all the first quests are in the same place, once you have done them then you go to the next area.

i probably should have stuck with thew druid, i figure once i got to lvl 60 andd have got my feral talents and my skills id be good but hey i have only had this game for liek a week or so, i might go back to it lately but pladins are already looknig awesome and im only lvl 2

my name is fishandchips but i wont be needing any with my healing abilities therefore i shall bank all my food instead of on my druid when i have like no mana so i cant heal myself after combat

paladins are fun to play that is the whole idea

check out my thread

Don't worry, when I started playing I switched classes several times before finding the one I liked. I started as a mage, then warlock (got to 27) and then to a warrior and stayed there. After that, I did my druid.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

All I know about Paladins is they fear like crazy, and I dont even play rofl. :shock:

Paladins don't have a fear - they have a stun, but not a fear. Priests have an AoE fear every 30 seconds (24 with talents, I think) and then Warlocks have a 1.5 second cast fear with no cooldown - but there is diminishing return on fear (and polymorph and other CCs). Diminishing return means if a polymorph lasts for 15 seconds in PvP, if you cast it right away on the same target, it may go down to 10 seconds - keep casting and eventually you they become immune to it for a short while.

As far as starting areas go, I find Elwynn to be the most pleasant. I can see what Lionheart means about Teldrassil being the most "safe" but I don't care for the quests there and I don't care for the general layout of the area. I usually save the quests like "Go to Stormwind" for right when I'm about to level, when I have more than one, or if I need to go get my first professions. But when you first start WoW, things aren't as straightforward as that. In my case, once I got the hang of things at level 18 or so, I rerolled because I learned I did miss a lot of things (and I wanted to take in as much of the environment as possible). I think you may do the same - reroll once you have got the hang of how WoW works. I'm not saying that if you skip a level 6 quest and don't explore area X in Teldrassil, you'll be forever weakened in your WoWing--but for a freak like me, there are some parts of leveling/playing a character that need to be a certain way (for instance, I like exploring all parts of a zone before leaving it.. even if I didn't quest there. Bad brown unexplored areas!)

Druids are an OK class to play but can be boring to level up. Sometimes they are a bit tricky and forms can be hard to master - I don't suggest them as a starting class. They're fun, sure.. but when transitioning from RuneScape to WoW, I recommend a pally or warrior - something that absorbs damage until you learn how to properly master the way the combat system in WoW works. :P

Paladins do very little DPS but since their patch, they do a bit more. They're very hard to kill (plate armor, heals, shield) and have some excellent support abilities. They are wanted quite often as they can off-heal and then off-tank but to be honest, it's not my playstyle. I prefer plain DPS - no support. I have enough to worry about.. I don't want to help others. :lol: I did play a priest to 60 though... rofl. Anyways, it's up to you to find what playstyle you like. All classes have a role - don't assume that one class will be more wanted than another. You'll find your niche eventually.

Anyways... best of luck to you and your questing in WoW.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

All the severs are the same right? Except the diffrence of PvP and PvE? Like no actual content changes between diffrent servers.

cyco_1.jpg