*Official* WoW topic. All discussion & questions here!

donutjunkie

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

frostmourne is my server on oceanic, i play alliance.

so far i only have a lvl 5 night elf feral druid

what proffessions could u suggest i have?

at the moment it is mining and enchanting, i mine for money and when i get green items i disenchant them and sell them to the auction house, i also enchant people's stuff for money, good idea?

where do i get my professions from anyway?

also i picked this up from my friend who has a WoW magazine

it shows good races for each class

What classes should each race have?

Mage: Gnomes, Undead

Warrior: Tauren, Dwarves

Priest: Humans, Gnomes, Undead, Trolls

Rogue: Night elves, Dwarves, Trolls

Hunter: Dwarf, Orc

Paladin: Human

Shaman: Tauren, Orc, Troll

Druid: Night elves, Tauren

Warlock: Undead, Orc

do u think this is true?

i finally quit runescape to play world of warcraft. i play on frostmourne, alliance

check out my thread

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=479665&highlight=

frostmourne is my server on oceanic, i play alliance.

so far i only have a lvl 5 night elf feral druid

what proffessions could u suggest i have?

at the moment it is mining and enchanting, i mine for money and when i get green items i disenchant them and sell them to the auction house, i also enchant people's stuff for money, good idea?

where do i get my professions from anyway?

also i picked this up from my friend who has a WoW magazine

it shows good races for each class

What classes should each race have?

Mage: Gnomes, Undead

Warrior: Tauren, Dwarves

Priest: Humans, Gnomes, Undead, Trolls

Rogue: Night elves, Dwarves, Trolls

Hunter: Dwarf, Orc

Paladin: Human

Shaman: Tauren, Orc, Troll

Druid: Night elves, Tauren

Warlock: Undead, Orc

do u think this is true?

Yes looking at the above, me thinks its all true.

Um ive had it in my sig for the past few days, but no ones really said anything, would anyone like to start a tip.it guild? on a pvp server? Post here if yes, and ill creat a new character and get the silver for the charter, then i just need 10 peoples signatures... so i need 10 atleast.... i really dont want to get signatures outside tip.it

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

im gonna join my friend's guild so ...

my character is called donutjunkie

umm does anyone have any tactics for avoiding lag, coz whenever i have other windows up i cant really do anything at all. so just close every other window?

i finally quit runescape to play world of warcraft. i play on frostmourne, alliance

check out my thread

Be a rogue lol, they all constantly ovr powered anyway lol, and with regards to lag most people get it in the m,ajor city like myself. Being on the Horde side. It does help to close every window down tho. Makes it run alot smoother.

Professions like mining and blacksmith are good. or Skinning tailoring as they go together and at the higher lvls some of the hides sell for insane prices.

Professons can be got from any major city ask a guard lol, they will point it out to you on the map.

Any questions feel free to Pm me more info ( i play on neptulon)

Wow - Zuu - Lvl 55 Destructo Lock - Neptulon

Rattus Jr - Skill totaler Nub ( Zuu's Back)

Archer003 - 92 80 99 92hp Rsc trained

im gonna join my friend's guild so ...

my character is called donutjunkie

umm does anyone have any tactics for avoiding lag, coz whenever i have other windows up i cant really do anything at all. so just close every other window?

Whats your specs :| you shouldnt be running WoW if you dont have atleast 1gb of ram :?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

today when i got on there was an 11 person queue so i made a tauren shaman on draynor

leather isnt expensive is it?

u know how u buy skills from ur trainer, do u have to go to different trainers to get all the skills? if u do are you usually in the right place for your level if all you do is quest?

check out my thread

The first class trainer will only have up to around level 4 skills, then you'll have to go to another. After that, they all carry all the skills (with the exception of 'special' skills like perhaps warlock demon skills or hunter's pet skills.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

today when i got on there was an 11 person queue so i made a tauren shaman on draynor

leather isnt expensive is it?

u know how u buy skills from ur trainer, do u have to go to different trainers to get all the skills? if u do are you usually in the right place for your level if all you do is quest?

different trainers for different skills. But every kind of trainer is in a major city usualy just different parts of it E.g Ogrimmer or ironforage if your alliance.

Btw if u wan the definition of lag and your alliance go to Iron forge lol

Wow - Zuu - Lvl 55 Destructo Lock - Neptulon

Rattus Jr - Skill totaler Nub ( Zuu's Back)

Archer003 - 92 80 99 92hp Rsc trained

Someone help me.

I have this game, while installing, when it says put in disc 2, the mouse freezes, how can i stop this therefore allowing me to install and play

SkullyTIF.jpeg

Thanks To: Everyone for the siggies, especially Kal for the Pixel.

Currently Playing: FIFA 07, NFS: Carbon, Morrowind and Dungeon Siege II.

Someone help me.

I have this game, while installing, when it says put in disc 2, the mouse freezes, how can i stop this therefore allowing me to install and play

I dont know, doesnt happen to me. whilst instaling, just take out the first disc and place in the second and just let it run...

Whats your comps specs, ill tell ya if you should be even running the program.

*Also dont have any other prorams running, especialy if you have less then 1gb of ram*

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Someone help me.

I dont know, doesnt happen to me. whilst instaling, just take out the first disc and place in the second and just let it run...

*Also dont have any other prorams running, especialy if you have less then 1gb of ram*

Have minimal programs open and it's still possible to play

I usually have msn+chatzilla open for a total of 50-60mb RAM being used up and I get a spiffing 15 fps :D (7 in combat)

If I close them I get a 1 fps increase on average....

(1.7ghz and 512mb ram)

EDIT: Also, talentwise, how does this look for a hunter?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=cx0GzggotVEoc

I think it's a fair bet I'd stay away from the survival skill try and focus on beast mastery and marksmanship

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Someone help me.

Have minimal programs open and it's still possible to play

I usually have msn+chatzilla open for a total of 50-60mb RAM being used up and I get a spiffing 15 fps :D (7 in combat)

If I close them I get a 1 fps increase on average....

(1.7ghz and 512mb ram)

Oh, i was talking about installing, not playing. I surf the web, talk on msn, i even was using the mic yesterday wilst on WoW. If you have the ability to do that, great!

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

ok i have a mic now how on earth do i use it?

do i have to have an msn window up aswell or what?

lionheart thanks for helping us all out :D

:oops: umm either you miss read me, or you watched lerroy jenkins and thought the same thing, you cant use the mic with World of worcraft dirrectly. But yes with msn you can use it, only problem is you can only talk to one person.

Im not sure, but i know clans use programs like team speak to use microphones to communicate whilst online. Mayber there is a channel on team speak wich allows users to chat just like a community. You would have to find out for yourself.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Few Questions. :oops:

1. Is this game worth the 13$ a month?

2. Is it 13$ per guy or like Diablo 2 were you have more than 1 guy on 1 account.

3. Is this game super complex I'm going to get owned in 2 mins?

4. Recommended Specs?

Thanks. :oops:

cyco_1.jpg

Few Questions. :oops:

1. Is this game worth the 13$ a month?

2. Is it 13$ per guy or like Diablo 2 were you have more than 1 guy on 1 account.

3. Is this game super complex I'm going to get owned in 2 mins?

4. Recommended Specs?

Thanks. :oops:

1. Depends. It's an awesome game, that's all I can say.

2. You can have more than one guy for your $15/month.

3. It's more complex than RS. But it's easy to learn. They introduce you to the game's dangers semi-slowly.

4. I have a Radeon 9250 and 750mb of RAM and I ran it fine, without lag. I only lagged when first entering major cities (Ironforge, Orgrimmar) for a couple seconds, then I was fine, and also in MAJOR fights, like when there is 100+ people fighting at the Crossroads or something, and once I loaded it up, it wasn't very laggy anymore.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

is it worth the money? this is the question that intrigued me most, but when i think about it, if you dont get the game no doubt you will spend that money anyway.

ie: i was going to get xbox 360 instead that would be $600, then i need controllers right and my friends would play with me ocassionally so thats 4 controllers $40 each which is $160.

then of course the games, games cost a lot now $100 each and i will buy 5 or more

this is at least $1100 if u buy from different places or decide to not get a few things, australian currency ofcourse

are priests good?

i wanted shadow priest coz they do lots of damage, true or false?

can u be a shadow priest that is also a good healer?

good talents for one?

check out my thread

To answer the "is it worth the money?!" issue, I can only speak for myself, but I don't even worry or think about the 250sek I have to dish out every second month (I pay via gamecard). I've talked to friends and they share my thoughts. And I'm not exactly the richest guy in town since I didn't get a job this summer, but I can still go out and have fun, and at the same time play the game without having to dig deep in my pocket. Because if you think about it, 13$ a month or whatever it is isn't a lot of money. As you said, you probably spend that on other useless things, so why not spend it on a game, while it could be classified as useless it will guarantee you 30 days of fun, fun, fun? \'

As for the priests being good or not, I haven't played as one so I have no clue. I just know their main task is to heal and resurrect people. Not to deliver damage.

My friends strongly adviced(/forbidded) me not to go with priest as my first character. You need to be a pretty experienced player, because if your entire group dies, people will blame you for not making sure you healed them, but if you succeed, people will usually show some form of gratitude. And priests, followed by tanks (warriors, druids), are undoubtedly the most popular class people ask for when making groups.

2009rb9.jpg

:| Preists are only good for healing, nothing else. If you want somethign to deal out damage alot, chose a rouge or a mage, they have the highest DPS. And anyways, there is usaly only one preist in instances, so might as well be the one that gets picked more (DPS character)

Donut: give me your wow name and server again, id like to play sometime!

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai