membership cards?

Cypress85

I had this old idea about selling membership cards in stores for runescape. Its like a gift card. You buy the card in the store, in increments of 5$, each 5$ being 1 month of membership. (max amount would be 60$ for 12 months, or the pound equivalant.) Electronic stores such as best buy, circuit city, and even radioshack could stock them.

It would have a label to peel off, and under that is a code which you enter on runescape.com, to activate your membership. And to make sure people dont simply open them up and write down the code in the store, it would be in a 1 inch wide, 3 inch tall, and 6 inch wide box with "runescape membership card" on the front. Perfect size for a card, and good protection from instore theft 8-)

Comments? Improvements?

cypress85.png

i once saw ruby and ash in the wildy, thought it was a santa hat.

Runescape has players from all over the world, it would be very hard to get these cards into stores everywhere, and would lose alot of money due to distribution, with phone, your paying, same with mail and internet. They dont want to waste their money sending out cards when they dont know if they will get bought.

90 Combat 1900+ Total

99 Crafting 99 Cooking 99 Firemaking

99 Herblore 99 Fletching 98 Farming

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

Or, keep with the pre-existing business model, not have to create a complex card and number system and continue to make millions? It's a viable idea, being as nearly every other major MMORPG uses it. But it's just unneccesary.

RSN: Mutashi

i believe it should start in just the uk. And if it turns out to be a success, then they should expand to other countries.]

Of course, it wouldnt be 5$. The card would cost maybe, 7-8$. But the convenience outweighs the price.

cypress85.png

i once saw ruby and ash in the wildy, thought it was a santa hat.

Jagex could probably make more money because of the convinience. They would just sub-contract the card-making to another company, and add $7 to whatever the company would charge. I highly doubt that WoW, etc. make their own cards, so it would piggy-back on their distribution network.

nh.jpg

Might be good. There should also be multiple-months cards as well. (in 'bulk' price, like $8 for 1 month, $22 for 3 and $40 for 6 etc)

I don't know why do I still post here even though my country is not eligible for cards. (I'm one of no-more-than-100 people that play this game)

[Admin Edit: Innapropriate Text in sig removed]

At last!! For players who can't mail in or don't have a credit card (Me!!) this would be a perfect way for Jagex to make money! All you have to do is maybe scratch the back off for a unique code (Just like in WoW.) And bam Jagex is making tonnes more money. And for parents who don't like handling money over the internet will find this a safer option. Can't beleive i never put this is before.!

there are quite a few stores and banks that will sell visa gift cards and mastercard gift cards, and even american express gift cards. you dont need a bank account or credit or anything, just buy the card cash, and you can use that to make online purchase like a regular credit card up to the amount on the card. it works like any regular gift card, but you can use it online or wherever accepts those cards. do a search to find the location of a merchant selling that kind of gift card near you

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

I would think that although Jagex has a huge player base, its still not enough for this to be financially viable for them. Compared to game which do this, like WOW, Runescape has far fewer players. Also, most people would continue paying by the current methods.

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming

• 2 years later...