Make axes worth less than Willows/Yews

koddo

I don't think this idea would stop woodcutting autoers, maybe just hinder them a bit, but it would be nice if all types of axes would be worth less than willows or yews. This way when they die (which does happen quite a bit) they drop their axe. This would keep them from being able to use Rune axes for very long, or whatever.

One other thing, generally if a non autoer dies with their axe they have more problems to worry about then their 20K axe, so I don't think that'd be a huge deal.

Just an idea, autoers would probably find a way around it anyways.

sig2.jpg

I dont get it. Axes cost 10 gp for willows and 180 gp for yew?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I beleive what he is saying is to make the store value of axes less than that of the yew, that way when a macroer dies, he loses his axe, instead of keeping it because of its worth.

However, i dont like the idea, it just would not make any sense for an axe made of a rare, expensive material to be worth less than the wood that the handle is made from. Runescape tries to make sense.. (most of the time anyways)

:wink:

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

You're right, it makes almost as much sense as a whip being a better weapon than a sharp sword that would normally be able to slice through someone. Good thing that's not in the game, that'd be crazy.

(Excuse me for my sarcasm.)

And yeah Nick, I meant what Krazy is saying.

sig2.jpg

You're right, it makes almost as much sense as a whip being a better weapon than a sharp sword that would normally be able to slice through someone. Good thing that's not in the game, that'd be crazy.

Whips are stronger than swords irl...

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

Umm....I honestly dont think whips are stronger than swords irl...swords can cut peoples heads off, whereas whips can leave nasty cuts and bruises...not the same :-#

- EDR 98% of teenagers have been drunk or around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels

Umm....I honestly dont think whips are stronger than swords irl...swords can cut peoples heads off, whereas whips can leave nasty cuts and bruises...not the same :-#

Indeed.

bouncesig30k5ww.gif

By Woopidoo2

Bounce's true age is unknown to the most powerful of mortals

What are you smoking?

Have you ever used a sword?

You've obviously not seen a skilled bullwhip handler in action.

They have a longer range than a sword, and can slice down to the bone on a single stroke.

I wouldn't want to take on a whipmaster with a sword. That's the sort of thing I want a .454 Casul for 8-) or failing that a crystal bow.

hugh_mannity.png

You've obviously not seen a skilled bullwhip handler in action.

They have a longer range than a sword, and can slice down to the bone on a single stroke.

I wouldn't want to take on a whipmaster with a sword. That's the sort of thing I want a .454 Casul for 8-) or failing that a crystal bow.

Depends on the sword and style.

If you give an arming sword to a complete buffoon, then yes, he'll have several types of hell created specifically for his immediate existence. Give it to someone who actually knows what footwork is, what balance is for, and how to use his weight in tandem with his weapon and you might as well not even have a match.

no i think wat hes saying is

the general store value of rune wood be very little

while the actual price would stay the same so when the died

theyed keep having to pay 15-20k for a new axe

Nice interpretation. =D>

fan of her's.
You know what I hate? People putting an apostrophe on a personal pronoun. STOP IT.

Just saying, it's an abysmal whip not a normal whip.

Rubber chicken, you're the one,

who makes Runescape, so much fun!

Would be fun if jagex brought in biological warfare... Or even Tesla coils.

I like to eat cake while excruciating!

wtf? a sword can slice your whole body in half, a whip can just give you a really bad stinging bruse. irl

liek omg rly?

Nah, bad idea. Then when innocent people die, they lose a rune axe

Innocent people rarely die while WCing, and if they do, 20K really isn't very much...

And hopefully we've had enough of this Whip-sword conversation, I'm sorry I brought it up.

sig2.jpg