The Stronghold Problems

sychospy

Well, finally the F2P update has been released, but what was the price of the update???? The economy will be shoked because of the stronghold???

I think that i'll, why? let me explain.

1st) The mintaurs droop a lot of iron arrows, so their price will fall down.

2nd) The flesh crawlers dropp tons of body runes.

3rd) The ankous droop 2 laws almost all the time.

Can these and some other things related with "the f2p update" have an effect in the future???

Post your ideas.

(the search botton didn't show me any similar thread).

"hasta la victoria siempre."

Beated Monkey madness lvl76.

Beated haunted mine at lvl 77.

cmb +75 and total +930 all stats +46 before p2p.

Al f2p stats +50 (15/02/08)

Nobody really cares about iron arrows and body runes, and there are faster ways to get them for those players that do care. Same thing pretty much applies for the law runes, too.

I think the main problem with the stronghold is that it seems not to match up well with the rest of the f2p dungeons. I'm worried that new free players will be attracted to it too soon, and will get slaughtered on the last two levels, and maybe get discouraged and stop playing if it happens too much. Then again, that could just be my personal bias at having played on the free servers since Nov. 2001 without this Stronghold.

In any case, I still have to thank Jagex for adding something, anything new is still fun to explore and poke at, for a bit. So thanks. :)

EDIT: Maybe, if each level past the first had a quest point restriction, in order to enter, that might keep the newer folks from getting themselves killed too soon, too often.

For eample:

level 1: 0+ quest points required to enter

level 2: 13+ quest points required to enter

level 3: 26+ quest points required to enter

level 4: 39+ quest points required to enter

This way, like the dragon quest, the harder parts kind of get saved for later.

1. Noone cares about iron arrows

2. Noone gives a crap about body runes. Perhaps the most USELESS rune ever created.

3.yes they do drop alot of laws, but whos going to stop that?

cypress85.png

i once saw ruby and ash in the wildy, thought it was a santa hat.

I submit that there really isn't anything Jagex could do in terms of monster drops that would affect the economy in a serious manner. Except things they won't do because they've either said they won't do or it simply doesn't make sense. Such As:

1. Redrop holiday items and/or rares.

2. Remove high/low alch from the game.

3. Add about 50 runite rocks near a bank (or similar type of radical change).

Point is: People are always worried about the affect a change will have on the economy. Answer: There is ALWAYS an economic affect to every change/update made, but that affect is NEVER catastrophic. Our good friends at Jagex are smarter than that.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

ok this dungon is good for f2p in alot of ways,

1.another high(er)ish level monster for them to kill

2.good spot near fish to get low level kills fast,

3.fun boots for about 3 days

4. somthing made out of a bone =P~ \'

pknu9.png

sonicsonaike exellent work ^^

abstract lol

98% of teenagers have been drunk or around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels

U can teake your melee and range equipment to the lvl 1 of the stronhold, kill goblins with arrows, when u ran out of arrows set on melee and kill minotaurs for the arrows, then go back to goblins. This way u can train your range up to 50.

If u need 1/2 minute to kill a lvl 75 ankou, and if 1 of 3 kills give u 2 laws, u get like 80 laws per hour, and that's better than have to pay 1k ea.

U can teake your melee and range equipment to the lvl 1 of the stronhold, kill goblins with arrows, when u ran out of arrows set on melee and kill minotaurs for the arrows, then go back to goblins. This way u can train your range up to 50.

If u need 1/2 minute to kill a lvl 75 ankou, and if 1 of 3 kills give u 2 laws, u get like 80 laws per hour, and that's better than have to pay 1k ea.

Yes! You could train your range, prayer, strength, attack, hitpoints and defence to 99 if you did that!

As long as you stay there for half a year.

And, a dozen arrows per 3 minotaurs is NOTHING. There are MUCH better and quicker ways to get iron arrows than killing minotaurs for endless hours.

And the law runes. 80 laws an hour is NOTHING. Plus, people who can actually kill the weird purple skeleton things in 1/2 a second without taking any damage would have to be at least lvl 70+.

And, as stated by a couple of the players above, nobody cares about body runes or iron arrows.

jzk1lx2dy.gif

Body runes r used for curse training and iron arrows for low lvl training.

If u are making a pure, u can train it there up to respectable lvl's the go pk, and that would affect the economy.

If u 1hit the minos, u can get 12 arrows in 5 secs.

Mind runes r used for curse training and iron arrows for low lvl training.

If u are making a pure, u can train it there up to respectable lvl's the go pk, and that would affect the economy.

Do you really think someone that can hit 22 (like lvl 100 or what?) would need 12 iron arrows? :-s

ingametoolsunbanneryw8.gif

there r lvl 12 minos. i can 1 hit them and i need the arrows.

I think that this update will help the economy; not break it. Not only will iron arrows go down, making it easier for many people to train range, but melee and magic also is getting a bonus. You can train on the npcs in the stronghold, and train magic with the laws. I do not think that the economy will be effected greatly, except for law makers.

Legend%20Gaara.jpeg

Legendary F2P Skiller

1st) Iron arrows are weak, i never use them.

2nd) Body runes are useless.

3rd) So? If the law price goes down, BETTER FOR ME! I think 500gp per law is a bit high, they should be 300gp each...

Every path you have trod, through wilderness and through war, has led to this road...

I don't think anything will be effect but iron arrows. They will drop slightly and it will be harder for member fletchers to sell them. Other then that laws will not be effected because of the massive amounts from law running. and nobody buys body rune to began with.

In 5 minutes i had over 100 iron arrows (and a couple ess and bronze arrows). I think it will effect the economy. There are people who buy arrows from the store and sell for higher prices. Soon it won't be worth buying and selling from the store. Rather, people will be busy killing for iron arrows...

I submit that there really isn't anything Jagex could do in terms of monster drops that would affect the economy in a serious manner. Except things they won't do because they've either said they won't do or it simply doesn't make sense. Such As:

1. Redrop holiday items and/or rares.

2. Remove high/low alch from the game.

3. Add about 50 runite rocks near a bank (or similar type of radical change).

Point is: People are always worried about the affect a change will have on the economy. Answer: There is ALWAYS an economic affect to every change/update made, but that affect is NEVER catastrophic. Our good friends at Jagex are smarter than that.

- Sligo

I like the rune rocks idea :D

But as long as lvl 5 goblins aren't dropping rune body plates than there is nothing really to worry about.

sig234ej4.png

No one can kill ankous in 1/2 minute, and they'd have to be extrememly lucky to get a 1 in 3 drop of laws. So, no, there's not any massive influx of laws entering circulation.

Body runes r used for curse training and iron arrows for low lvl training.

Who the heck even uses curses for training anymore? No one I know, that's for sure; curses are a waste of elemental runes; unless you're target is less than lvl 8, that tiny drop in their attack, defence or strength doesn't really affect their ability to hit you. Prayer is more effective in nullifying their attack stats than curses.

12 arrows in 5 seconds? Unlikely; like jonas said, there aren't many people who can actually 1-hit minotaurs, and even if they did manage to 1-hit a few, that's by far not the norm, and you're more likely to get a pile of coins than 12 iron arrows anyway.

So, you can lay your fears to rest; the drops aren't numerous enough to really affect the economy in any significant way.

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Who the heck even uses curses for training anymore? No one I know, that's for sure; curses are a waste of elemental runes; unless you're target is less than lvl 8, that tiny drop in their attack, defence or strength doesn't really affect their ability to hit you.

Who the heck even uses curses to hit when curse training? No one I know, that's for sure; you're supposed to wear armour so all your curses fail, so you can keep casting on one monster (or a few, as a curse eventually will work).

[sig too big, don't do it again]

1. i had still 20k irons at my bank

2. ivge still 40k bodys at my bank

3. ive 2k laws at my bank

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

For eample:

level 1: 0+ quest points required to enter

level 2: 13+ quest points required to enter

level 3: 26+ quest points required to enter

level 4: 39+ quest points required to enter

sry i cant get the name in

but

that is a really dumb idea

maybe it could be based on combat

but some people like me dont like to

do quest and im lvl 62 and i only have 11 quest points