Old ones remember, new ones get schooled!

Nts1

First off is this is the wrong place for this I apologize...

Well I was going through the hard drive of an old computer of mine and I ran across some screenshots taken circa 2001- early 2002 so I figured I would share them with the community so some of the old timers around could remember what it was like when the world was so big, and so some of the newer scapers could see just how small it started...

Alchemon - The original God of Gods in RS strength

alch.jpg

Bluerose13x - The first power leveler and the one woman who changed the face of RS

blue.jpg

bluetrade.jpg

MODERATOR - From back when Andrew, Paul and the crew roamed RS

... Interesting memory, Moderator was just killed by a greater demon and that lady there training was Sandytrain

mod2.jpg

A live picture of him this time... Bluerose is also in this one...

mod.jpg

King Sabre - Founder of "The Sabres" One of the original, Largest, and most infamous clans to find a home in RS

kingsabre.jpg

Rab - What do I say? lol

fr.jpg

Fook-a-Ji - Couldn't find any pics of him, but I am sure any board troll from the time remembers the antics as well as this sig...

Fook-a-Ji.jpg

My stats from a very long time ago... If you check them on the high score they haven't gotten much better in the last 5 years, I pretty much stopped playing :?

mystats.jpg

The first time I had full adam, and at the time it was the best you could get... Also notice the addy battle axe pwnage :P

NTSfulladam41sttime.jpg

A ss of me hitting for a 19 which at the time was a big deal. Thank God for "paralyze monster" and the two black knight next to an alter..

19hit.jpg

A pic from the cooking guild with a few people that used the ladder bug in the WK castle to get into the "void"... Which for those that dont know you were just on the second floor without being in a building and could wonder around the whole world. Never tried it though :?

huh.jpg

And finally the first time I was in full rune... A big thanks to TKS and Bluerose13x for helping me with the kites and two handers... those were the days!!

fr2.jpg

Hope everyone enjoyed some of my memories, now go make some of your own!!!

sigstat.png

Sometime in 2002, I wish I could find an earlier one with an accurate date.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice.. No pics of Ladykilljoy doing her thing? The infamous lady PKer of RS!!! (Rsc) mwahahahaha!!! I was unlucky enough to cross swords with her back then.. Course.. I never was a fan of the wild.. I stuck around in cooking guild cooking apple pies :)

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

nice i remeber trainin at those giants under edge dungon always, tat was the hot spot back then :)

ive reformated so many times i got no pics but im oldschool think i got an rsc pic somewhere? lol

-mega-

I used to have tons more but these were all that were left :( ... They were on a HP with a 333 Mhz Celeron that I hadn't touched since X-mas 2001. I had a bunch along with LKJ, Glove, Tiwi, TKS, Hiana, Paul, Andrew, Mod, Saradomin, Kithplana, Lightning, Ltangel, Gugge, etc. You name it, I probably had it. With only 2-3 servers and maybe 4,000 people playing as well as with how small the world was back then, running into someone like that isn't the way it is today. Remember when there were those fenced off areas in Falador and Varrock with buildings that were reserved for players houses? If you read the sign it said coming soon... in 2001! Wow those days were so fun :?

sigstat.png

Sometime in 2002, I wish I could find an earlier one with an accurate date.

Love the pics! Never was around way back then, but I did play the RSC for a year or two before RS2 came out. Definitely had it's advantages over the economy and people of RS2 ::'

ssigoy4.gif

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Good times... Block public chat didnt even exist during Bluerose and Im pretty sure they put it there because of her... along with Private Messages because for people who know, varrok east smithing was crazy.

No Muahahahaha's on there :( and the old hiscores... loved them :P "Highest smither online is..." and so on, that was cool.

Good times...

-War Elixir-

-Igor 10-

Good old pking...

nice i remeber trainin at those giants under edge dungon always, tat was the hot spot back then :)

ive reformated so many times i got no pics but im oldschool think i got an rsc pic somewhere? lol

-mega-

still is

those were some awesome pictures. it makes me wish so much that i had heard of it when runescape first released .

tipitlessersigea3.png

Man, I remember Classic so well. I was really only playing it for 6 months (could be a year, not sure when I actually started playing), but it was well after some of the drops, quite sad I missed them (Even back then, I still wanted those phats, I didn't care how much the costed).

rsccommunism2ha.png

rscmunchkin5dv.jpg

Just some pics of my old main. I'll admit it, I was basically a noob. :lol:

61784167.jpg

Nice.. No pics of Ladykilljoy doing her thing? The infamous lady PKer of RS!!! (Rsc) mwahahahaha!!! I was unlucky enough to cross swords with her back then.. Course.. I never was a fan of the wild.. I stuck around in cooking guild cooking apple pies :)

Hah, i met her at catherby fishing once like a month after santas were dropped... and she kept dueling me... then.. hit a 32 on me in full rune when she had dbattle and blk plate and pink hat and skirt :P and the highest hit in rs2 was like 34 or something with super str and prayer...

On your stats list, where is carpentry?? :P ya, i know thats before carpentry... i been looking around to find if anyone has a pic of that... then when they ruined it took it off and put useless Agility on there... paa-fft... :notalk:

ooooh, and tks... what can i say.. the zezima of rsc :-s

0nce.png

Those were incredible pictures, honestly. Thank you for posting them! :D

If you're curious, I was the one that made that signature for Fook A Ji. ;) That was a time when I was making quite obnoxious signatures for my friends. :D

I see that somebody wants a picture with Muhahahahaha in it? Well, I didn't take this, but I've had it saved for nearly five years. I thought it was hilarious. He's smiling amidst the chaos that is RuneScape. Even worse, when caps lock was a possibility.

a8808322.jpg

-GregEchidna

Third player in RuneScape to 99 attack, strength, defense and hitpoints.

hehe thats a great pic Greg... thanks...

Does anyone have that pic of a guy hitting a 30ish on a Greater Demon bare handed or something like that? Ive been looking for that but I cant find it... Knife bug oO I remember Cavaliers excuse to use that bug lol, "I was just testing it". He got banned (first 99 cook if I remember)

-War Elixir-

-Igor 10-

Good old pking...

has anyone got a ss of the back hole, i remember it and once owning 100 discs and when the hole closed i dropped them all, i would like to see it again for the memory, plus i remember fighting elvarg in rsx, those where the days, and also i liked when you could have a good old chat with andrew and paul and they would chat back, but most was when the wilderness was still 'honerable' and pkers hadn't been invented

gizmo2k5.png

has anyone got a ss of the back hole, i remember it and once owning 100 discs and when the hole closed i dropped them all, i would like to see it again for the memory, plus i remember fighting elvarg in rsx, those where the days, and also i liked when you could have a good old chat with andrew and paul and they would chat back, but most was when the wilderness was still 'honerable' and pkers hadn't been invented

i guess so many people complained about Elvarg being so hard since he was 110 that jagex made the dragon so easy to kill. RsC players who did d-slayer had to do it the hard way lol

hehe thats a great pic Greg... thanks...

Does anyone have that pic of a guy hitting a 30ish on a Greater Demon bare handed or something like that? Ive been looking for that but I cant find it... Knife bug oO I remember Cavaliers excuse to use that bug lol, "I was just testing it". He got banned (first 99 cook if I remember)

Bored, was Igor 10 the name you played with back in the day? It seems so familiar. I don't think we've ever spoke, though.

But yeah, I do love that picture. :)

Cavalier was honestly only testing the bug, he only did it on White Knights in Falador to get more information on it. He wasn't the first to 99 cooking, Tks was. It's a shame Cavalier was banned.

Anyhoo; here are some more pictures to add to the fun!

e32d6fa7.png

Andrew and Manager on 'nature rune island' buying beer for 100 gold pieces each, oh the days.

35b31abe.png

A personal kill of mine, and the best kill to date at its time. (April, 2002.) Some archer that was created to shoot me while I was in the lava maze didn't realize that I'd soon own all those arrows. ;)

d5081473.png

This is the earliest RuneScape picture I have saved, dating July 14, 2001. I'm 99% positive that this is when Mysticsmagic hit 70 crafting, and was the first to make diamond amulets, and she had a free crafting event.

2ef19add.png

Just a nice shot of me taking half of the server status in my name. ;) Early! Apparantely the server had just crashed, being up for only three minutes.

b08931ce.png

Ah, the now legendary Christmas of 2001. I'm using a christmas cracker with the lovely Goneril. Remember when we had double-coloured aprons back then? :D

Okay, that's all for now. :]

-GregEchidna

Third player in RuneScape to 99 attack, strength, defense and hitpoints.

Nice pictures here, especially the last ones.

However, I wast around back then. Only started playing just after santa's got dropped (bought one for 60k back then :D) and stayed quite noobish on rsc (I think I was 65 combat when they changed it to rs2).

Thats why I dont really think those were "the times". I didnt participate in pking (well not really, i tried but was too impure and hadnt got the guts :oops:) , nor had i close friends which who i could have fun events and pull crackers on, or whatever.

One last thing: I find it quite annoying how people exaggerate about rsc. Yes RSC was cool, but isnt RS2 also cool? Why are there so much players now eh?

I guess its human nature to say the times that are past are better. Actually it is, dont you see yourself idealizing your youth? I do for sure.

And Elvarg was harder, thats true, but its not that he was unbeatable. I was scared to do the quest but when i eventually did it, it was a piece of cake. (i was 49 combat).

About the combat lvl: all combat lvls of monsters got lowered to make it more realistic (before you could beat a lvl 110 monster easily as a lvl 50, not so realistic...). This doesnt mean they got "harder". The dragon has become easier 'cause now you can eat while in combat, not because some numbers have changed...