RS3- my idea

Bloodveld

After reading the topic about the 5 maxed players, I had a great idea: What if RS3 was almost EXACTLY the same as RS2? Same graphics, same gameplay, same skills.

"What's the point?" is probably what you're about to ask me. Let me answer you: to fix the problems impossible to fix now, and also for a fresh start.

On RS3, think of this:

• [*:chbx5ykc]Low and high alch both still work, but only give you 1 or 2gp per alch depending on the spell (to prevent rampant inflation)

[*:chbx5ykc]barrows is without the repare costs

[*:chbx5ykc]turning logs into planks is completely free

[*:chbx5ykc]no inflation AT ALL

[*:chbx5ykc]smithing is actually useful

[*:chbx5ykc]a completely fresh start, where money is hard to get- for everyone

[*:chbx5ykc]and much, much more. (I'll update this list with the best ideas)

Of course, rs3 would be completely optional and people could still play rs2.

Also, it would be nice for a bigger game screen. :anxious:

What do you guys think? No flaming please.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

You made me speechless, I cant go against this nor with this. =\

I quit RS.

Dude the past is past. Don't work yourself too much...it'll only make it worse.

Don't think about what could be, make it so.

P.S This kinda stuff also works with girls :wink:

• [*:1er14yvs]Low and high alch both still work, but only give you 1 or 2gp per alch depending on the spell (to prevent rampant inflation)

[*:1er14yvs]barrows is without the repare costs

[*:1er14yvs]turning logs into planks is completely free

I hope you're joking about this.

• [*:1er14yvs]no inflation AT ALL

[*:1er14yvs]smithing is actually useful

Sounds cool, but, how would that happen?

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

• [*:2xt7mcfh]Low and high alch both still work, but only give you 1 or 2gp per alch depending on the spell (to prevent rampant inflation)

[*:2xt7mcfh]barrows is without the repare costs

[*:2xt7mcfh]turning logs into planks is completely free

I hope you're joking about this.
Why would I be joking? High and low alch are ruining the economy (duh) and POHs and barrows are there to be money sinks, which aren't needed if there isn't high and low alch.

• [*:2xt7mcfh]no inflation AT ALL

[*:2xt7mcfh]smithing is actually useful

Sounds cool, but, how would that happen?
Everyone being new players means that the only way for there to be armor is smithing (and rare monster drops) and high alch is what's causing inflation.

hardly anyone would move to this because of the fact that it would be "so hard" in the sense(everyone is about stats and money nowadays instead of the fun factor but that can be subbed in for minigames), there'd be no rares not to mention jagex's upkeep cost for the servers wouldn't work, sorry :(

hardly anyone would move to this because of the fact that it would be "so hard" in the sense(everyone is about stats and money nowadays instead of the fun factor but that can be subbed in for minigames), there'd be no rares not to mention jagex's upkeep cost for the servers wouldn't work, sorry :(
I'm just throwing my opinion/idea out there, I never said it would happen...And personally, I think quite a few people would do it, especially old rsc products who would want to relive the "glory days". (You would understand if you played back in '01.)

and no rares i hope
No rares as there would be no pre-existing items. EDIT: I mean no items that were on our rs2 accounts would be carried over.

Off topic: is it just me or are these forums moving fairly slow today?

Ok first off i dont really support, cause it would cost *TON* to do any skillz
Really? How? If no one has cash, how can people charge tons for items? Someone can spam "SELLING 1K HIDES 5000K" for hours at end, but if no one has 5000k, or even 5k, how is he going to sell?

'Veld you may as well just keep playing WoW. You know that'll never happen. I think you're describing your perfect RS World and not a new game :wink: . I think I'd prefer money being hard to get and having only so much gold coins instead of the couple million. The more I have the less it looks like I have meaning if I can have two million gold coins why don't I have ten? I'd rather get a single gold piece once in a while if a single gold piece was worth a great deal sort of like a rare drop.

It would be great to have smithing being useful. If it leveled faster as you leveled in combat then you could produce your own armour instead of always being dependent on others to supply you with it. If anything, there aught to be way more magic items and abilities to enchant various trinkets, i.e. smith an iron cage and be able to enchant it with a snare spell. But I've been playing too much NeverWinter Nights so I might be wanting too much :D .

Thanks for the support everyone! And tefda, I know it would never happen, but I would LOVE if it did. And it's not my dream world, I said nothing about invincible bloodvelds ;)

:shock: Maybe there shouldn't be any gp in rs3 and you'd have to raise ur skills if you wanted to get ANYTHING. That's just a thought tho. :-w
I thought of this, but I think cash would be a better idea, not quite sure why though.

I think this is interesting and would be fun. However, there would still be inflation, because of ability to sell to shops, but your ideas would greatly reduce the inflation rate. The alc'ing seems way extreme...maybe high-alc is equal to max shop price (0 in stock) and low-alc is like 75% of that.

Let me throw out another idea:

What if you had a limited number of skills, ala typical RPGs? For argument sake, say 10 skills. Everyone would have Att, Def, and HP...you pick the other 7. I think it would create an interesting economy and more reliance on interacting with other players. I.e. - if you have fletching, but not wc, you have to buy your logs from the wc'ers. Of course, combat lvl formula would have to be re-worked and players would have to be limited to 1 account.

Eugh, sounds boring. People are materialistic and want nice things. You just ruling out every being able to get these without massive work going into it. Inflation is nice :)

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I think this is interesting and would be fun. However, there would still be inflation, because of ability to sell to shops, but your ideas would greatly reduce the inflation rate. The alc'ing seems way extreme...maybe high-alc is equal to max shop price (0 in stock) and low-alc is like 75% of that.
Selling to a store would still be there, but there would be a lot less people doing it, as it gives less cash and no magic exp. You also forget that people would usually buy the items, thus making stores actually cause deflation. :o Also, I would have said to just remove alching, but it should be kept for the leveling purposes ONLY.

Let me throw out another idea:

What if you had a limited number of skills, ala typical RPGs? For argument sake, say 10 skills. Everyone would have Att, Def, and HP...you pick the other 7. I think it would create an interesting economy and more reliance on interacting with other players. I.e. - if you have fletching, but not wc, you have to buy your logs from the wc'ers. Of course, combat lvl formula would have to be re-worked and players would have to be limited to 1 account.

I play WoW, so I know what this is like. I personally hate it lol.

Satenza, you're just a rs2 product. :XD: :XD:

Really? How? If no one has cash, how can people charge tons for items? Someone can spam "SELLING 1K HIDES 5000K" for hours at end, but if no one has 5000k, or even 5k, how is he going to sell?
If all the gp in runescape disappeared overnight, it wouldnt change the value of whatever armor i have in my bank. I just wouldn't be able to get anywhere near as much money for it, because gp is rarer and now worth more. Only difference is, the armor would be worth more too, because it also disappears from everyone's bank. And then nobody could get it anyway, so it would be even more expensive. And here's the best part: the economy gets to multiply every few days, because all the players started with nothing. It won't get rid of inflation, just make it worse.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

If all the gp in runescape disappeared overnight, it wouldnt change the value of whatever armor i have in my bank. I just wouldn't be able to get anywhere near as much money for it, because gp is rarer and now worth more. Only difference is, the armor would be worth more too, because it also disappears from everyone's bank. And then nobody could get it anyway, so it would be even more expensive. And here's the best part: the economy gets to multiply every few days, because all the players started with nothing. It won't get rid of inflation, just make it worse.
#-o You miss the whole point. People WILL sell items, they will want the cash. There is NO WAY that people won't lower the price of items so other people will buy them. If you can't understand this, then ask someone else, preferably some famous merchant.

mygod, that was the dumbest suggestion ive ever read on tipit, and what exactly is the point of making it rs3? should we make a new rs everytime a stupid update like this is released?
Looks like it took a whole two pages before someone was too stupid to read the first post. Good job. :thumbsup:

I also said "no flaming", so learn to read.

and no rares i hope
No rares as there would be no pre-existing items. EDIT: I mean no items that were on our rs2 accounts would be carried over.

Off topic: is it just me or are these forums moving fairly slow today?

If accounts aren't carried over.... about 90% of the players will quit. The only thing I liked in that list was no Barrow's repairs but cost the price of Barrows would rise.

If account's aren't carried over and rares aren't, everybody who bought a rare will quit because they'd be out millions.

I'm back?! No wayz!!!

43mxr40.jpg