Stats to Equiptment formula?

Lep

Well, we all know that Torags>Rune and 70 Defense>40 Defense. But what's the formula, if that's the correct word.

Example.

70 Defense is equal to 70 slash defense, 40 crush defense, etc.

40 Defense is equal to 40 slash defense, 20 crush defense, etc.

90 Attack is equal to 90 slash attack.

I'm not sure if the formula is already out, or if it's even possible to figure this out.

Anyhow, discuss and don't flame :)

Hmm, I'll put it this way.

If slash attack was an attack potion, how much (say 108 slash attack) add to attack, if it was a potion.

(Or the other way around, how much would 99 attack add to slash attack if it was a bonus)

There is no armor-level formula. Jagex just wants to make sure you don't have noobs wearing full Dharok's. The level-requirement of the armor has nothing to do with its stats.

There is no armor-level formula. Jagex just wants to make sure you don't have noobs wearing full Dharok's. The level-requirement of the armor has nothing to do with its stats.

Are you sure? I seem to get hit a lot more with 1 def on my pure then I do with 81 def (without any armor on both).

I see what he is saying, and often wondered it myself. The stats,pray and pot bonuses seem easy enough to understand as the pot/pray directly affects the natural stat. However, equipment seems to have numbers ranging from 0 to over 200 (for barrows stuff.. correct me if im wrong). Now, does that mean I have to add that to my natural/pray boosted/pot boosted stats?

e.g. 99 def + 150 def from a piece of armour = 249 apparent def

or are the equipment stats to be divided by, say 10, and then added.

e.g. 99 def + 150 armour def = 99 + (150/10) = 114 apparent def

i.e what is the equivalent stat boost from the armour/equipment?

Clear as mud?

lol

TTFN

Try my fully-graphical

copper_forum.png

RuneScape Equipment Bonus Calculator

at http://www.copperdragon.org/

rofl i know what you mean but its got to be awfully hard to figure it out.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

That's gonna be a difficult one to compute.

I guess you have to make a couple of pures and test it. Take one pure with 40 att and rune scimmy and start making another one without any equipment. Now estimate when they hit equally often.

phata_elise.png

It's difficult to find the answer to this question, but still possible as we have access to Duel Arena.

First, find out how Defense and Attack compare to each other:

Standard Set-Up:

At Duel Arena, one side is the aggressor. He MUST attack the other guy 500 times (hits and misses). Now, count up the number of red splats. That compared to 500 is your Attack Success. Use food to stave off dying to remove a bit of the tedium.

Comparisons:

1. Get "Attack Success" on a person with an attack the same as the defender's defense. DO NOT USE WEAPONS OR ARMOR. Both sides will have "kick" activated.

Find this out for skill levels 20, 40 and 60 atk and defense.

2. Get "Attack Success" on persons with different attack and defense. Compare with Attack greater by 10, 20, 30 and 40 points. Then do it with defense greater by 10, 20, 30 and 40 points.

With Number 1 and 2, you have a good idea of how combat success rate works out.

3. With even defense and attack again, begin to work in attack and defense bonuses (One at a time). Try not to use items that increase STR as that kills the defender faster.

I'd say create a 100 Atk bonus, and a 100 Def bonus (against the style used). Test out differences of 20, 40, 60 and 80 bonus. Compare the percentages to the baseline created from 1 and 2.

With that, a smart fellow can postulate a graph. If it's popular, more precise testing can take place.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

i see what he means. Does +50 attack bonus and 50 atatck=100 attack overall bonus? Does 99 atatck with no weapon make 99 atatck overall bonus? If you think logically probably attack counts as more than a 1:1 ratio to bonus because whats easier, changing from a rune scimmy to a rune2h for say 20 more atatck bonus, or training 20 more atatck levels

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

Wow. I always wondered the same thing but the amount of testing required would be crazy. I would guess that there might be multiple "layers". Your defense level blocks x% then the attack attempts to breach your armor level. Who knows except Jagex... If there is a large scale test done I will volunteer to help out. :mrgreen:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

lol funny guy

ever tried no armor duelling a pure and a 99 def staker ? no ? I thought so...

Anyways go do this and notice the difference.

And uhm on topic, it's a formula I've been wondering about before and it can't be figured out because of the random effect added :( too bad...

I think it's quite easy to figure out if having 20 attack plus a +20 bonusis the same as 40 attack, or 30 attack +10 bonus. If it's like this, it'll work out for Strength too. I'll be back in a min whit a theory based on some Tip.it's Max Hit Calc's calculations' results.

[EDIT[

It seems that it works that way, although your strength level puts a max max hit. (I know that sounds really stupid, but it makes sense #-o )

Thus, it seems to me that your attack is simply added to your attack bonus. If the att+att bonus of 2 people is the same, they both shoul hit as often.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

A question I have always had, which further complicates the issue, is: are the differences in levels linear, or geometric - like the experience difference in levels. To be more precise, is the difference in the attack rate between 99 and 98 attack the same as between 2 and 1 attack, or is the former greater, because it is on a geometric (or perhaps some other non-linear curve).

I think it's quite easy to figure out if having 20 attack plus a +20 bonusis the same as 40 attack, or 30 attack +10 bonus. If it's like this, it'll work out for Strength too. I'll be back in a min whit a theory based on some Tip.it's Max Hit Calc's calculations' results.

[EDIT[

It seems that it works that way, although your strength level puts a max max hit. (I know that sounds really stupid, but it makes sense #-o )

Thus, it seems to me that your attack is simply added to your attack bonus. If the att+att bonus of 2 people is the same, they both shoul hit as often.

I once asked someone the question for the strength one. But if you try it, it doesn't work that way for strength. Plug in some extreme numbers, and you'll see.

RSN: Mutashi

are u crazy? lol 1 def gets u hit way more than 70 def even without any amour

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?