Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

knives669

I just got back from seeing this movie. It was hilarious!!!

It's starring Will Ferrel. I know that some people may not like him or his humor... But, this was definately a good movie.

Basically, this movie is about a race car driver named Ricky Bobby and his rise to fame, his low points, and his rise to fame again. :P Typical story, but hilarious nonetheless.

Anyone else seen it?

3898000bYVcx.png

Yeeuhhh! Me and Brett and some others went to the midnight showing last night.

It was soo awesome and funny! I loved how they made fun of rednecks and Nascar fans. If you like Will Ferrel, go see it. :P

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

The previews look funny, I like the part where he says "You dont think Im paralyzed!?" and then stabs himself. :lol:

Ill have to see it sometime, Im a big fan of Will Ferrel. I love all his movies. Anchorman etc.

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.

Guest GhostRanger

It was really funny, but don't expect it to be as funny as Anchorman or you might get disappointed.

I saw some of the trailers and some bits looked pretty funny.

The previews look funny, I like the part where he says "You dont think Im paralyzed!?" and then stabs himself

^^that bit was the one I found the most funny :lol:

Might go and see it haven't decided yet..

I wanna see this movie. Seen some clips from it and it seems hilarious.

The character Will Farrell plays named his two kids in the movie Walker and Texas Ranger, right? Brilliant.

2009rb9.jpg

Yes. Walker and Texas Ranger (or TR for short).

I like when his mother drops them off at bible school and they come running home through the backyard screaming, "ANARCHY ANARCHY ANARCHY ANARCHY ANARCHY!!!!".

3898000bYVcx.png

I went to see it earlier, and in all honesty, i was dissapointed. There were definitely funny parts to it ( :XD: ok, really funny), but that's just my point. The movie basically made up of funny parts and stare-at-the-screen-blank-faced parts. I liked it, but certainly not worth my money. If i were you guys, i'd wait til it comes out to rent.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

what the guy above me said.

watched it yesterday with friends... definite letdown.

some parts were pretty hilarious. but... I'm not sure what the director/writers were thinking... I kinda hated Ricky Bobby throughout the entire movie. they made him a complete dumb-jack butt. aren't you supposed to like the main char?

eh. its ok. average + 1.

I loved it, one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. Pretty much poking fun at everything NASCAR is about in a way, and that's always funny. I'd recommend seeing it while it's in theaters still.

peterstretchfn5.gif

I loved it, one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. Pretty much poking fun at everything NASCAR is about in a way, and that's always funny. I'd recommend seeing it while it's in theaters still.

Yeah I realy liked it. (just saw it about 5 hours ago).

I actualy found most of it realy funny. In the middle I hated him, but near the end I did find my self liking / agreeing with the main character :D.

And it was deffinitly funny, hah.

Really funny movie. Best part was when they tried to take off the knife with another knife :lol:

:lol: That made me laugh so hard...

"Here lemme pry it out with this knife."

Lol that was great.

I loved it when his car crashed, and he ran out and stripped down to his underwear.

"and, whats realy amazing here, is how fast he got out of the racing suit" *other guy agrees*.

Lol than his friend tried putting out the invisible fire. hah!

I was expecting something more like Anchorman, so it was pretty disapointing. Although, I did enjoy the "What, is that a catch-phrase or epilepsy?" and how Bobby lives his whole life off of his father's advice, which was said while he was...yeah. And of course, "Alright, we gotta cut around the meat!"

A mind not to be changed by place or time.

The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.