More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

duh...they're just trying to make all f2p players to pay and be members. they're discouraging f2p players from getting to high lvls due to lack of bank space.

when runescape was first started, there weren't even members. jagex is gradually changing...perhaps this is what happens whenever one becomes famous. the name gets out, the greed comes in.

To keep it simple and stupid, money.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will start by saying something about the last page:

You produce little sense and even less wisdom. I wish not to argue with you any further. You may either stand corrected, or continue your ungrateful whining. Just know that there's an unpleasant slang word for your kind. The word is 'snob'

I do believe that this is name calling which I'm fairly sure is against the rules of these forums and so if you do it again I will report you as I already have to someone that tried to get others to break Jagex rules on a previous page. I do also believe that yes these are english speaking forums but I also belive that if you are typing english the best you can then you are aloud (yes this is probably spelt wrong but i'm still english and quite intelligent and intelligent enough to know how to spell most words) to use the forums.

Now down to what I have to say:

After my previous post I sent in the following message:

I have already sent this too you but got a response that did not cover the comment. Please go to the following and read it (you may need some help) I will not post in the forums as other members believ that it is a bad idea but it has over 320 supporters. I don't want a reply about FAQs.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=517 ... sc&start=0

-Aaron E4

And (yes it is alright to start a sentence with AND in this context for those of you out there that just want to have a go at peoples spelling and grammer) yet again Jagex let us down by sending the following reply:

Thank you for your message, noble adventurer.

Due to your information we will now investigate this website. We will be looking into any and all action that needs to be taken against it.

We do check EBay every day for RuneScape listings, which is against Rule 12. These will be dealt with accordingly.

If you find about any more sites like this please do not hesitate in sending them into us, however as many of these sites have malicious software on them designed to steal your account we would ask you not to go to these sites yourself.

Simply send us the url in a query (not a bug report) and we will get onto the matter as soon as is possible.

We wish to thank you for your help in making RuneScape a much safer and honest place to play.

We are aware of some problems with our chat filter and are working on this now.

Sincerely,

RuneScape Customer Support

OMFG.

Do they realise that this is a question of going to th esite and reading and not tyring to sue it for viruses etc.

I suggest that as well as a new bank interface and more bank space Jagex also need to hire some customer support people that read the message and do as it says rather than skimming and giving an answer they think is correct.

I'm fed up with Jagex letting down people in the way of customer support for example F2P get no support whatsoever so what if thier player gets stuck and needs moving a couple spaces to the left (or west for those of you who want to be picky).

I will follow this discussion and will post when I feel I need to but will not send any more requests unless someone suggests a good message to send that they also suggest a member sends. I would also like to suggest that Penguin sends a message in asking and posts the result. Alos I suggest that if you don't like the idea then you say why (none of the comments that you have been asked not to send) and leave it, ONLY reply if you need to.

aaron+e4.png

Finaly I can wield drag weapons.

Yes, I've disproven those, try bringing new points?

Uh...no you haven't. Why do you claim you disprove something when you haven't?

My apologies. This:

p0nd3r4: Mind telling us why they have to pay to get bank space?

Aaron4: Nice to see you actually sort of support this now.

Rose_2_Pure: Many people have "argued". They've all been stopped, and some "converted" to "our side". And look at what Aarone said about "muling".

Mind telling us why you should get Bank Space?

I didn't bother to read his post because I can assume he's repeating what I've disproven.

Prices are set by every buyer and seller in RuneScape. The majority of those buyers/sellers are F2P. So F2P DO affect the economy.

I've been F2P for a while now and I can't remember I saw an F2P'er buying Yew Logs, large amounts of Ores, or Essence. They are almost always P2P'ers in F2P. And as I said ALREADY, if P2P'ers couldn't buy from F2P'ers we would have people in P2P which would do the same thing.

And have you ever thought Bufoman doesn't know English too well? Would you be able to type in Romanian perfectly? Of course not, unless you know it well.

Oh, my bad, I thought this was a english-speaking forum.

You can ask a friend to pay it for you as long as you give him/her 5$ a month.

I'm not sure where it says, but only family members can pay for membership. And if you can't pay Jagex $5 a month, then how can you pay your friend?

I didn't think making $5.00 was very hard, you really can do ANYTHING to make money. And if your not sure where it says only family members may pay for membership then don't post it until you have signifigant proof.

Once again, random event items is one of the main things behind this thread. Jagex adds more random event (items), which F2P can't store. And they can't sell it. And can't get it back without getting the event again. If Jagex makes random event items able to get back, it would give experienced F2Pers, who need this update most, more than 10 spaces.

And, once again, I will repeat what I have 3(?) times. JAGeX DOESN'T VIEW F2P AS A SMALLER GAME, THEY VIEW IT AS A TRIAL FOR MEMBERS. GIVING YOU MORE ITEMS IS JUST THEM PUSHING YOU TO GET MEMBERS.

Rose

EDIT:

penguingeek3 I decided to read the post you made at the top of the page. Review page 37 and I think 36 for your answers, don't just start debating a point when it's been disproven.

Must have been completely off-topic?

Or perhaps there was something to prove wrong in:

Devnull, that's a great way of mixing the F2P want of a new quest and more bankspace. Jagex might as well add some new GOOD items with it, and make it the only F2P update next year. (Other than graphical updates.)

this?

Rose

If they make enough to support F2P servers, then all they deserve (at the very most) is to have F2P servers. Aside from that, did you not understand my previous point about advertising? I'll recap for you:

Do you think that ANYONE who views or clicks the advertisements is thinking "I'll help out jagex by doing this"? No. It's just a bonus for Jagex. You think by viewing the advertisments, which F2P have to anyway, that gives them the right to demand more from the game?

F2P does support the game. Just not directly like members accounts. The ads as well as f2p are both importent in the success of RS. Not just a "bonus".

Adding bankspace will just improve the game overall. as I said before. Theres no reasonable explenation to be against this idea. Or at least I havnt heard one so far.

I'm actually not against this idea at all. If Jagex gave F2P 20 more bank slots, I'd be happy for them. The whole point of my arguing is that I can't believe some people have the nerve to think that F2P DESERVE more bank space when clearly they've done absolutely nothing to make that so.

I believe originally I was trying to say that F2P won't get more bank slots any time soon but as per usual I digressed somehow into this.

tifsbti6oi.gif

count me in.

u know, if the price of the game was more reasonable I'd be a member. People will bash me for not agreeing that the price is reasonable but when you add it up over the year, that's a lot of money! And if these guys are almost the richest in the UK you'd think they could cut the price in 1/2 (but then more people could afford it and they'd need more servers, etc...)

is there a runescape addiction program you can point me to?

you forget why they dont put in more bank space for f2p :lol:

they want you to get frustrated like you are now, so you pay for membership for the bankspace, the only reason they have f2p is

1: advertisements

2:f2p players might become p2p

members going into f2p is basicly advertising "This could be YOU!"

its $5 a month, if you cant afford it, well thats sad, and it sucks to be you

EDIT: sure it adds up maybe.. $60 a year? and momster, seeing in your sig the word "Addiction" this "addiction" is not a bad choice (to much of anything is not good anyway)its better than smoking, drinking, any of that stuff it costs wayy less

retribution!

I hate not having space in my bank it really annoying.

Anyway i have an idea that everyone will think is stupid and boring, well i think its quite good. right ill get to the point. all the F2P Tip It members should do some sort of protest at a busy place so other people will join. It probaly wont do anything but its worth a try.

Thanks... :)

Dark :wall:

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

Plagel clearly understands my the point of my first post on this thread:

The more you kick up a fuss about wanting more bank space the less likely you are to get it. The whole point of members prayers, theiving options, items useless to F2P, low bankspace etc etc is to encourage people to become members...

All this thread's doing, really, is telling Jagex that their marketing schemes are working.

If you really want to make an effect, rally up all your supporters plus a few thousand more at least (340 probably won't make any difference) and get them all to mass-quit.

Unfortunately for the strong supporters of this, I doubt anyone will quit. So, carry on telling Jagex how badly you want more bankspace. ;-)

tifsbti6oi.gif

p0nd3r4:

If you realize it, then why do you keep acting like I'm F2P?

So why do they get updates? Because F2P have gotten updates, it means Jagex is nice. If Jagex is nice enough to make a whole new 4 level dungeon, they should be nice enough to add 12 more F2P bankspaces.

Potential members = F2P. Every F2Per is a potential member.

A lot compared to what? I never specified. It could be a lot compared to the amount of people that live in Antarctica. I know it wasn't, but oh well. And speculation never hurts, unless you clearly state it's true, which I didn't.

The end is a little confusing. I'm not talking about people that are about to become members. I'm talking about regular F2Pers. They could all become members at any time, couldn't they? But if they don't, for whatever reason, Jagex would lose potential money. I think what we need here is a clear definition of potential loss.

Rose_2_pure:

You haven't disproved them.

The F2P economy is almost the exact same as the P2P economy. So if F2P affect the F2P economy, the P2P economy will change too.

I meant that Bufoman might not know every single correct spelling, even if they are simple words. If he really didn't know English, explain all the words he spelled right. And it wasn't exactly horrible grammar.

...And if you can't work?

There are probably other ways of doing it. I guess that the bank space issue is a pretty good way, but I bet if they really thought, they could come up with a better one.

The post was mainly against what P0nd3r4 said.

I won't take the real life money, but I'm sure there are at least 10 of the who-knows-how-many-million F2Pers that will quit.

You aren't the only one correcting grammar on this thread. I was contradicting myself, but oh well...

And P0nd3r4 said I was a snob. :roll:

DarkKnightRider: I'm sure there are people that would like to help you with a protest. I mean, there are over 300 supporters. If you can get at least 200, and to one place, it should be a little effective.

Prankster_King: Add Tetsuya onto that list of me and D_V_Devnull. Anyone who supports this and posts here over 5 times deserves to be on it.

And I just saw your latest post, P0nd3r4. But if this thread reaches 1000 supporters, which is unlikely, I'm pretty sure Jagex would have to do something. Even if they use bots to answer messages, those bots will get used a lot as many people will be sending messages about this. But unless there are enough supporters, you are correct. That's why I think a little in-game protest could work.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

thanks to penguingeek for defending my grammer. I do know english quite well but I have always had problems with spelling, a few years ago you would have great difficulty understanding what I wright but I have worked at it and finaly you can understand me.

I would just like to add one last reson why free to play should get more bank space- pmods. there are quite a few life long free to play player moderators out there who are very upset about the lack of bankspace. without them free to play worlds would quickly go to pot. so I strongly support the addition of more free to play bank space for many reasons. and if your going to start adding people who have posted at least 5 times on this matter I guss you will have to add me.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Firstly I stopped doing that about 2 posts back.

Once again, you make foolish connections. If you actually stop and think about it, you'll realise that 4 level dungeons are NOT a main reason why people become members. Bank space is.

Speculation isn't a good thing when you state it as if you read it in a book. I believe many people put 'I think', 'I believe' or 'In my opinion' before speculation to show that they aren't sure of what they're talking about. It prevents you from seeming arrogant.

You were talking about F2P players who you claim would rather quit the game because of the bank space issue than become members. (Or live with it)

Sure, technically that's potential loss but in reality, if they choose to quit because of bank space, rather than subscribe, they're blatantly never going to subscribe.

tifsbti6oi.gif

I vote yes on more bank space!!!

It's not that its something we want.

It's more of something we need.

And although we don't pay as members do.

It's still an essential part of the game.

If every item in the F2P world that we could own was counted the bank space that we have could not even come to half of that value.

Furthermore we do have the rights to speak out our needs to JAGEX. Why are you putting us down? And you don't have the rights to put us down.

Why don't you look at what you have in your members world.

>You have a place to put your costumes from random events inside your houses, we don't have houses that means we have to put it in our bank.

>When you stop being members you lose the bank space, that means you could also use it when you become F2P.

>Even you appreciate a couple more bank spaces every now and then, why can't we? (and don't start the we don't pay $5 a month stuff)

>Consider other people. Runescape is a great game. It's one of the best I've seen so far. Is a little improvement like this going to hurt you or anyone else?

What's so darn wrong with asking for something? It's not like were asking for a bigger map to explore or a members skill to be usable in F2P. It isn't a crime where your from, is it?

With your opinions noted. It's not our fault we can't pay for membership. We would if we could. But unlike most of you with a lot of money. I'm still a student so I don't earn much yet or I don't really earn anything at all for that matter.

So I consider this a good idea. If JAGEX does implement then good, if not we can ask for it again.

penguin...there really is no need for you to argue on whether you're f2p/p2p. there is merely a difference in values in you and those two.

as a member, it is only natural to insist on not giving others what they have as a privilege. it's a kind of basic reaction that originates from human stubbornness. boy, I've never seen a member who isn't proud of what he/she alone is entitled to. but sometimes, when that pride goes out of hand, things turn out really bad. I once had a member ask me if he could buy my rubber chicken, and when i stated that it was untradable, his immediate response was 'NOOOB!'. don't you see? members LOVE f2p players. we're provided by jagex for their members to tease, jeer, insult, and degrade right in those crowded places of world 1 varrock.

i can't deny that in this topic some of the f2p people's statements did go a bit out of control. But lets not look at things with defiance. lets try some logic. i keep seeing these arguments about whether jagex makes money more from p2p or f2p. you know what, lets dump the whole idea of making money. do you honestly think money was what Andrew Gower had in his mind when he created the game? there weren't members at the start of runescape. was he trying to make money with a bunch of free players? no! what is the basic reason for people to create or invent? it's for the world to know about this creation, for the world to be able to use and enjoy this creation! now don't argue with me about the money. if money really is all jagex cares about, they cannot by any means be called human.

but, as i said, as the name goes out, greed comes in. i won't be surprised if they continue to *pretend* to ignore this request. it would be nice to see people try to point out what they've done wrong, though.

i wish you good luck, prankster. you have my full support (i've posted here three times already, so you don't need to add to the number of supporters)

P0nd3r4, our "argument" isn't about more F2P bank space anymore. It's about what you say, or what I say. Let's end it here, and call it a draw. Neither of us have proven whether or not F2P should or shouldn't get bank space. And I don't plan on doing that for a while.

(For anyone's information, I've half-quit these forums. I only go in this forum and OT, and don't post too often. So don''t be wondering where I've gone.)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

P0nd3r4, our "argument" isn't about more F2P bank space anymore. It's about what you say, or what I say. Let's end it here, and call it a draw. Neither of us have proven whether or not F2P should or shouldn't get bank space. And I don't plan on doing that for a while.

(For anyone's information, I've half-quit these forums. I only go in this forum and OT, and don't post too often. So don''t be wondering where I've gone.)

I had the feeling things got de-railed somewhere. -.-

Back to the topic then?

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I agree, I'm sick of gettin holiday items and destroyin them. And every time i wanna mage in wild i have to buy it from people who sell it for so high and it makes me so mad. I can't even store some mage robes. -.- I've been playing since the middle of 2001 with runescape. And i'm sick of the small bank space. 12 more slots would do greatly for me. I've had to throw out so many random events. All my frog prince things. I can't even store trimmed items so i don't buy it.

:D Put me on that petition.

And maybe one day we will get more slots

\:D/

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

Heck ya, i totaly agree!!!!

Ive been a member for over a year, and now going back to freeplay and its like . . .what the heck??? I cant store anything .. if i take stuff out, i cant put it back in . . . id have to take out everything and drop it . . . and just my rare items and the special items i would wan tto keep, take up my f2p b space already . . .

I AGREE

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7033/1stml0.gif

Thanks to 4be2jue for the awesome sig^^

http://z8.invisionfree.com/bon35

must be lvl 40 or less to join!

i totally agree even though i am p2p great idea been wanting this for so long not only do p2p need more bankspace but think of the f2p'ers

I and many others wish that more P2P'ers felt the same way as you. *sigh* -.-

Please spread the word? :-s :)

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)