More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

Getting too long, so I cut this out...

Shadowcheval said:

I'm sorry, but I still don't see your logic. We pay a continous $5 a month.

And that's my point!

We pay the same amount paid when membership started, so technically, we are paying for that, not for the new updates. We are lucky that JaGEx is updating this at all, and not charging us more for it.

I think we are wandering a little here...

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting too long, so I cut this out...

Shadowcheval said:

I'm sorry, but I still don't see your logic. We pay a continous $5 a month.

And that's my point!

We pay the same amount paid when membership started, so technically, we are paying for that, not for the new updates. We are lucky that JaGEx is updating this at all, and not charging us more for it.

I think we are wandering a little here...

Okay, now I see your point, but I have no idea why you brought it up...

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

Again, I edit for size issues...

Okay, now I see your point, but I have no idea why you brought it up...

Mostly because of the Holier-than-thou attitude that showed up throughout the first 51 pages of this. Had to put something down before I read the other 10 pages.

And I am terribly sorry if this is spam, and will gladly allow it to be deleted if necessary.

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

2 of you are spaming this topic please stop. there is a should free to play get updates debate on the debate club board. that said we expect that jagex will at least take notice that we suffer from lack of bank space. if they are made aware of this fact then maby action shall be taken to remedy it.

members need more bank space too this is true. but we have waited pationtly for years and more and more items we can store appear. some of which are not regainable with ease such as ladderhosen hats and other randomes. then some of us may have rares like santas we dont wish to get rid of. there are those of us like free to play moderators (who you shouldent tell to go get membership they keep the f2p game clean).

in eddition to moderators there are f2p people who have no intention of getting membership. they still make up a importent part of the game. imagin what the game would be like if us older players in free to play just dissapeard. you do relise members would be raising hell about not getting cheep goods and services. not being able to price gouge us for items they buy super cheep in stores. in eddition to that the free to play game quality would drop dramaticaly and new players would loose interest. its us older free to play people who have the most to store and who make the community as good as it is. members effect it too but the free to play element is effected the most by those charicters that live there.

free to play is much more than a demo it is the game. although I am saddend to see it treeted more and more like a demo every year the fact remains that you members need us as much as we and jagex need you. we form a simbionic circle in the community, take away one and the other dies.

so there you have it what we hope to accomplish.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Hmm, a few spelling errors, but nicely said, Bufoman =D> ...

Now that's said, I hate to break it to you, but you missed one class of people: "Those who wish to be members, but their life situation will never allow it."

(BTW, I am one of them!)

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

By the way, I was wondering, how do you expect to get this by rallying and rioting?

We aren't really "rioting".. The whole purpose of the rally is to get the word out to Jagex that we need more bank space in F2P, and give them an example of how many supporters there are.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

This is great. F2p really does need more bank space, especially those of us who have had p2p multiple times and know the heartache involved with clearing your bank to f2p size.

I say Jagex should at the very least give post-P2Pers some extra space to either store their member items, or as a parting gift for paying for their originally free game.

master3k.png

By the way, I was wondering, how do you expect to get this by rallying and rioting?

We aren't really "rioting".. The whole purpose of the rally is to get the word out to Jagex that we need more bank space in F2P, and give them an example of how many supporters there are.

I saw a few posts that said that you should riot, that's why I mentioned it.

pouserbarkp4.png

Shadowcheval wrote:

around 95% of all that money comes from Members!

I'd just like to say this, that other 5 percent comes from f2p, and that deems us worthy of recieving at least a little more bankspace, don't you think? :-k

Please think about what I said, and thank you for your time

Komodoman360

sigs066.gifLUIGI IS AWESOME

supportrobesze8.png

Shadowcheval wrote:

around 95% of all that money comes from Members!

I'd just like to say this, that other 5 percent comes from f2p, and that deems us worthy of recieving at least a little more bankspace, don't you think? :-k

Please think about what I said, and thank you for your time

Komodoman360

Here's the thing, did I ever say "No, F2P should not get any more bank space"? No, in fact, because of things like the Stronghold of Security and Holiday events, I agree that f2p should get about ten more slots. Please don't assume things.

pouserbarkp4.png

If I haven't said it already, I support. But in addition to just 12 new slots, perhaps Jagex could re-institute (in a way) the certers, except they can store your random event clothing in a magic box where you just head to draynor and pay them a small sum to deposit/withdraw a random-event clothes set...that could really help out the f2p'ers. =D>

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

If I haven't said it already, I support. But in addition to just 12 new slots, perhaps Jagex could re-institute (in a way) the certers, except they can store your random event clothing in a magic box where you just head to draynor and pay them a small sum to deposit/withdraw a random-event clothes set...that could really help out the f2p'ers. =D>

Nice to see a fellow GESer, but what are the "Certers"?

pouserbarkp4.png

Yeah putting random event clothes in a box seperate from bank would be great.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Ok, for one; there is no chance at all that your 'rally' will make Jagex even consider changing it for you.

Even as a member myself, I agree f2pers do not have enough space, but I don't think they should just grant you all another load of space. This would mean large amounts of memory being taken up on their systems, which costs them money, for people whom are getting the service for free.

Now, I will use your point that 'oldies' have trouble squeezing items in to present my idea: that the long-standing f2p players should recieve some extra space. For example; someone who has played for a year gets 6 extra spaces and someone who has played for 2 or more years gets 12 extra spaces.

That's just my thoughts on the matter; I plan to be at the rally; not to give my support (as I am a member), but to laugh at the chaos It will turn into :) .

funkynappyck8.png

Nice to see a fellow GESer, but what are the "Certers"?

Niles, Miles and Giles, i believe. They were in Draynor to turn certain amounts of certain items into "certificates" to make trades go much more smoothly.

Ok, for one; there is no chance at all that your 'rally' will make Jagex even consider changing it for you.

Even as a member myself, I agree f2pers do not have enough space, but I don't think they should just grant you all another load of space. This would mean large amounts of memory being taken up on their systems, which costs them money, for people whom are getting the service for free.

Now, I will use your point that 'oldies' have trouble squeezing items in to present my idea: that the long-standing f2p players should recieve some extra space. For example; someone who has played for a year gets 6 extra spaces and someone who has played for 2 or more years gets 12 extra spaces.

That's just my thoughts on the matter; I plan to be at the rally; not to give my support (as I am a member), but to laugh at the chaos It will turn into :) .

At least you kind of support. The thingy about if you've played longer you get more space thing could possibly work, but since people who've played longer (As in have spent more time playing, not signed up earlier) should have relatively higher total levels, it could work with that. And they usually have more money, so buying space could possibly work as well. Who knows. Anyone to implement it would be good.

And members got uh...48 spaces not that long ago...? There are maybe 4 times as many F2Pers as P2P. So this would take up as much space as that update did. And if this was put in with a quest to unlock it, it would be even less.

There are two possible results from this rally. Jagex gives F2P space eventually, or Jagex laughs and there will be no more consideration about it. Yes, I have a feeling there will be some party-crashers that come along and spam and other stuff that isn't wanted.

just stop beeing cheap and pay for membership.

people pay for everyother game be gratefull that jagex offer it free and dedicate so many servers to you. not a trail time.

dont exepect anything for playing the game free.

Not another person who hasn't read the first post. :wall:

Who wants to take that one down...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

And members got uh...48 spaces not that long ago...? There are maybe 4 times as many F2Pers as P2P. So this would take up as much space as that update did. And if this was put in with a quest to unlock it, it would be even less.

I did point out that the space costs them money; but when they give space to members they will get the money back from the subscription fee.

funkynappyck8.png

I did point out that the space costs them money; but when they give space to members they will get the money back from the subscription fee.

Let's take a moment to think about how much memory this update would take, compared to the average graphical update.

12 new slots - This update would take a bare to minimum amount of memory. It would be a simple alteration of programming to do, and would require almost no cost to maintain.

Average Graphical Update - This update would take much more time to do, as the graphics have to be planned, drawn out, and programmed. The memory required is much higher due to the high detail put into the movements and graphical looks. The cost would be small, but a fair bit higher than adding a few more slots. For one thing, they have to pay their employees that worked day and night on the graphics, and they also use that larger amount of memory (which does cost money in the end).

A single game programmer in Jagex could alter the programming for the F2P Bank in a single day.

just stop beeing cheap and pay for membership.

people pay for everyother game be gratefull that jagex offer it free and dedicate so many servers to you. not a trail time.

dont exepect anything for playing the game free.

Please read my first post.. I do believe it says not to post the same old "you don't pay, you don't deserve it" argument. After being said so much, it has turned into spam. We have adressed that argument many times before, and we are not going to waste our time or spam this thread just to answer it again for you.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

*cough*adrevenue*cough*

Tetsuya.png