More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

P2P doesn't ask for updates from Jagex, Jagex gives them to us because otherwise we'd stop paying Jagex.

Lol? Have you looked in the Runescape forums recently? If you look in the Suggestions section, you'll see a whole lot of asking for certain updates. :roll:

Under Suggestions, it says "Ideas for improving the game." People in the Suggestions forums suggest ideas to Jagex, some of which are brought into the game.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JAGeX thinks F2P is a demo...

I don't think Jagex thinks that F2P is a demo. Here is my evidence. If you look in the Knowledge base, when you go to Home > Manual > About RuneScape > What is RuneScape? there is a line written by Jagex that says,

RuneScape is constantly expanding and improving. In addition to the free version...

Did you hear what they said? They said free version, not demo. Later in their overview page about members benefits, they say

Our members have access to an area more than twice the size of that available in the free game.

Again, they do not say in the demo version. Oh, and if you can find any evidence from Jagex that says that f2p is in fact a demo, I would like to hear it. And, if you do wish to give me the evidence, please, don't do it in a meaningless flame.

They also use the term Members benefits. If free to play runescape was truly a demo, they would say, upgrade from the demo version and gain these benefits.

tfssig.png

JAGeX thinks F2P is a demo...

I don't think Jagex thinks that F2P is a demo. Here is my evidence. If you look in the Knowledge base, when you go to Home > Manual > About RuneScape > What is RuneScape? there is a line written by jagex that says, "RuneScape is constantly expanding and improving. In addition to the free version..." Did you hear what they said? They said free version, not demo. Later in their overview page about members benefits, they say "Our members have access to an area more than twice the size of that available in the free game." You can see this for yourself if you go to Home > Membership Benefits > Overview. Again, they do not say in the demo version. Oh, and if you can find any evidence from jagex that says that f2p is in fact a demo, I would like to hear it. And, if you do wish to give me the evidence, please, don't do it in a meaningless flame.

The use of the term "Members Benefits" shows they do not view F2P as a demo.

next moron to come here an yell about how 5 bucks isn;t that much - lets see here

Credit Card - 5:00 a month, 60 DOLLARS A YEAR

Pay By Phone - 6.99 a month, 84 DOLLARS A YEAR

Pay By SMS - 9.99 a month, 120 DOLLARS A YEAR

Pay By Cash - 7.95 a month, 95 DOLLARS A YEAR

up to 120 dollars every single year just to play a game??? atleast 60dollars a year! I'm not wasting my money on THAT

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I'm f2p as well and I support this movement to some extent. But what they should do is to increase the p2p space as well. p2p have about ATLEAST 3-5 times more items than that of f2ps but do they have 3-5 times more space than f2p? No. What I'm saying is that they should increase the f2p space by about 1 or 1.5 more rows and the p2p space by like 4 rows.

newlyme2.jpg

^Clickie my sig to know how to get rid of macroers^

next moron to come here an yell about how 5 bucks isn;t that much - lets see here

up to 120 dollars every single year just to play a game??? atleast 60dollars a year! I'm not wasting my money on THAT

If you go into McDonalds and get a minimum wage job, you could get the money for an entire year in 2-3 DAYS. Ironic considering how some people play runescape HUNDREDS of more hours in a year but still come to complain how thats a huge waste of money :-s ? Give me a break!

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Yea more bank space would help out more than Jagex can ever know...well maybe they can know, but that's beyond the point. Just give us another line or two. Is that to much to ask?!?! :anxious:

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

If you go into McDonalds and get a minimum wage job, you could get the money for an entire year in 2-3 DAYS. Ironic considering how some people play runescape HUNDREDS of more hours in a year but still come to complain how thats a huge waste of money :-s ? Give me a break!

Who would want to work at Mcdonalds, have you seen the movie Super Size Me??

anyway, i would spend my money i got from work on my car gas and to buy other important useful things, not blow it on a game. Think jagex would give a bank row to those users who save their money or put it to better use?

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

You're right. Free to play banks needs to be enlarged and the cost is neglectable

Let see: each players profile is very small as it contains little contents (passwords, bank item, inventory, and where you are, your status, and other misc items) assume that each player's profile takes up 50kb when stored

Also, assume that there are 10M registered accounts in runescape, the space needed to store all profiles are

50kB x 10M = 500000Mb = 488.281Gb

After increase the bank size, assume that the file for each player increases to 55kB, and the amount of spaces needed are

55kB x 10M = 550000Mb = 537.109 Gb

A difference of 50Gb maybe large, but consider that a 250Gb harddisk only cost about USD$100, the cost is actually neglectable

Currently taking a break from Runescape

You're right. Free to play banks needs to be enlarged and the cost is neglectable

Let see: each players profile is very small as it contains little contents (passwords, bank item, inventory, and where you are, your status, and other misc items) assume that each player's profile takes up 50kb when stored

Also, assume that there are 10M registered accounts in runescape, the space needed to store all profiles are

50kB x 10M = 500000Mb = 488.281Gb

After increase the bank size, assume that the file for each player increases to 55kB, and the amount of spaces needed are

55kB x 10M = 550000Mb = 537.109 Gb

A difference of 50Gb maybe large, but consider that a 250Gb harddisk only cost about USD$100, the cost is actually neglectable

These numbers are actually a rather large exaggeration on true facts. A while ago, around the time Construction came out, Jagex stated somewhere that account save data had just surpassed 5kb. At this point, they may be, at most, 6 or 7kb each, so those numbers are almost 10 times as extreme as we think.

Just realize that Banned Accounts still take up space on the disc. An account that's banned still is in there so that the name is taken up, and in case the account is unbanned, then all their information is still intact for if the person goes to play again. So in actuality, there's probably around 15m, or even 20m account saves in the Jagex database.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Who would want to work at Mcdonalds, have you seen the movie Super Size Me??

anyway, i would spend my money i got from work on my car gas and to buy other important useful things, not blow it on a game. Think jagex would give a bank row to those users who save their money or put it to better use?

You don't have to work at McDonald's, any place is fine. I live in Ontario (Canada), and the minimum wage here for students is $7.25 an hour. In a single hour of work, I can make enough money to pay for one month's membership to Runescape. You can easily take an hour out of the time you play Runescape to make some money, then you can become a member and you won't have a problem with bank space.

Edit: As Tetsuya pointed out, we don't get tax-free income in Canada, so you can make enough money for a month's membership in less than an hour and a half.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

I live in Ontario (Canada), and the minimum wage here for students is $7.25 an hour. In a single hour of work, I can make enough money to pay for one month's membership to Runescape.

Canadians get tax free income? :shock:

Tetsuya.png

Let me ask you this... Is two more rows of bank space, which could be done in a days time, really too much to ask?... Just think about it for a moment, before you go bombarding me with the whole "you dont pay, you dont deserve" statements. Now, because I've said it so many times before, think about the incredibly small amount of time it would take to do this, and compare it to the time that Jagex spends on a single, simple, graphical update. Compared to even the most minor graphical updates, encoding 12 more bank slots could be done at a snap of their fingers.

Now you should have some understanding of how little time and effort it would take to do this.

Now, think about all the arguments that were made, saying we should just buy members. Answer me this; why would any sane person spend their money, no matter how much or how little, just to get a bit more bankspace? Every year, Jagex does some sort of update that benefits F2P, that doesn't necessarily help P2P any. Rather than some big, drastic update like the Stronghold, would it be too much for Jagex to add 12 new bank slots to the ever-so-small f2p bank?

I don't think so, and that's why I've started this campaign. Jagex has been seemingly turning a blind eye to the need of this one particular update, even when it's so incredibly simple to do, that could greatly benefit F2P and P2P alike. That's why I've come to show them how this minor update would be appreciated by both F2P'ers and ex-P2P'ers, and how much it would benefit the old time players of Runescape - who just dont have the time to waste their money on membership - in storing their ever increasing horde of items.

Once again, before you post here -- think. Don't just repeat an argument that has been nulled.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

Well I for one dare say we should start weekly rally's for more F2P bank space. say saturday at 5pm GMT?

every week we could send a new Message to Jagex and keep up the pressure. I think if we did that we may just have a serios Impac.

Our first rally should of been the first of many such rally's, not keeping up the pressure makes little sense to me.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

5 bucks may be little, but considering, for example parents that do not want you to spend money on such a game... I definetely would give my mom 8 bucks (canada) so that she pays me the membership, but she doesn't want to. And also prankster, the security stronghold was made for p2p and f2p because it was an easy way to make people learn about security, as they are aiming for the boots scepter, so they will inevidebly learn at least a little something about security. Yet another proof that f2p is not a demo... They wouldn't care about f2p security otherwise, huh?

Well I for one dare say we should start weekly rally's for more F2P bank space. say saturday at 5pm GMT?

every week we could send a new Message to Jagex and keep up the pressure. I think if we did that we may just have a serios Impac.

Our first rally should of been the first of many such rally's, not keeping up the pressure makes little sense to me.

Weekly rally sounds great to me.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I think a weekly letter would be the best on prankster king because rallies take quite a bit of organization.

tfssig.png

Monthly rally then? But I think if we send too many messages to JaGEx they might not appreciate it.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Let me ask you this... Is two more rows of bank space, which could be done in a days time, really too much to ask?... Just think about it for a moment, before you go bombarding me with the whole "you dont pay, you dont deserve" statements. Now, because I've said it so many times before, think about the incredibly small amount of time it would take to do this, and compare it to the time that Jagex spends on a single, simple, graphical update. Compared to even the most minor graphical updates, encoding 12 more bank slots could be done at a snap of their fingers.

Now you should have some understanding of how little time and effort it would take to do this.

This is true, Blossom2581 showed that it would cost Jagex under $500 to give all players another row or two of bank space, but Jagex still won't do it. Jagex would rather pressure people to join members, which allows them to make millions of dollars, than pay $500 and give people less reason to become a member.

Now, think about all the arguments that were made, saying we should just buy members. Answer me this; why would any sane person spend their money, no matter how much or how little, just to get a bit more bankspace? Every year, Jagex does some sort of update that benefits F2P, that doesn't necessarily help P2P any. Rather than some big, drastic update like the Stronghold, would it be too much for Jagex to add 12 new bank slots to the ever-so-small f2p bank?
Security Stronghold was a big update for free players, it didn't add a need for bank space because the weapon that you could get at the Stronghold was weak (comparable to a bronze scimitar), and the boots could be worn. I believe that the Stronghold of Security was very important because it could teach newer players about the dangers of scamming, with a little incentive.

I don't think so, and that's why I've started this campaign. Jagex has been seemingly turning a blind eye to the need of this one particular update, even when it's so incredibly simple to do, that could greatly benefit F2P and P2P alike. That's why I've come to show them how this minor update would be appreciated by both F2P'ers and ex-P2P'ers, and how much it would benefit the old time players of Runescape - who just dont have the time to waste their money on membership - in storing their ever increasing horde of items.

Increasing free players' bank space would please everybody except Jagex, because it reduces the pressure on free players to pay for bank space. The only thing that Jagex seems to care about is making money.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

Security Stronghold was a big update for free players, it didn't add a need for bank space because the weapon that you could get at the Stronghold was weak (comparable to a bronze scimitar), and the boots could be worn. I believe that the Stronghold of Security was very important because it could teach newer players about the dangers of scamming, with a little incentive.
This is the only portion I have any comments about. The bolded part is only half true. The weapon was weak, yes, but it also gave a new teleport ability which is why people kept it.

Increasing free players' bank space would please everybody except Jagex, because it reduces the pressure on free players to pay for bank space. The only thing that Jagex seems to care about is making money.

It would also reduce the pressure on them so they won't mule. You could just as easily make them break the rules instead of buying a membership.

tfssig.png