More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

Jagex giving more bank space to F2P would cost money. ALOT of money.

It wouldn't cost ALOT of money. It would cost money, but not enough to even put a dent in Jagex's profit.

Are you KIDDING? Go out to your nearest computer hardware retailer, and take a look at the prices for memory. Now, let me point out something about how these games work. The way that data like your bank is stored is in a fixed size data structure. This means that regardless of whether you are using the space, it is reserved, and the space is still consumed in theyre servers.

Now, imagine how many F2P players there are. Mulitply that by 12 to get the amount of bank spaces needed to be stored. Remember how expensive memory is? Not to mention increased upkeep costs of a larger server.

This would cost Jagex thousands and thousands of dollars. You're right, F2P is more than a demo. But you should be thankful, you'd be extremely lucky at most other companies in the industry to find even a DEMO for free. So stop complaining.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't cost ALOT of money. It would cost money, but not enough to even put a dent in Jagex's profit.

Do you think that the loss of $60,000,000 in annual revenue would put a dent in Jagex profits? I guarantee it will. BTW, I addressed this issue on page 96 of this thread. I highly recommend that you read it to understand what I'm talking about.

Ewsentinel.png

KoAClan.org for adults

That flawed argument? Why would you think very many members would quit just because of 12 more bank spaces on f2p? The members version is so so so so so very much more than a few more bank spaces. You know that, right?

To be honest. I don't think adding a few bank spaces to f2p will make any members change to f2p. They already have tons of members items. A few extra slots on f2p wont change much. In fact, it will probably make more members.

For example. When i was trying to control my bank one of the biggest walls of me becoming a member was lack of f2p bank space. Because when my membership ended I had to throw away massive amounts of my members items just to make enough space back on f2p so I can at least put one item in when I was f2p again. If f2p had a little more space I wouldn't of had to worry as much about that factor, then I would of had less doubt in deciding on to get members. Hell, if f2p had more bank space I probably would have subscribed at least couple more months. Then Jagex would have got another $10+ from me....but that never happened.

Tetsuya.png

F2P deserves 1 or 2 more quests, more bank space, and personally, I think they deserve Taverly and Herblore (make all pots up to normal def). I would gladly give up 1-2 weeks worth of updates for that... I mean... we did that for Keldagrim and that made nobody happy. Amirite?

O_M_G_Guasto.png

What about the addition of mithril arrows and adamant arrows to free servers? This event didn't make people quit membership and flock to free to play. If that didn't, why should an addition of a few bank spaces make people stop becoming members, and make Jagex lose lots of money? Speaking of which, does anyone remember when Jagex added 48 slots to member's accounts? Surely this didn't drastically affect their income! On another note, Jagex could use adding free to play bank space as a sales pitch for members, by adding spaces to the free world, and giving more spaces to p2p. This would show that Jagex does add to free world, but adds more to members world.

- X fat4lyfe X

Kiss my axe.

Are you KIDDING? Go out to your nearest computer hardware retailer, and take a look at the prices for memory. Now, let me point out something about how these games work. The way that data like your bank is stored is in a fixed size data structure. This means that regardless of whether you are using the space, it is reserved, and the space is still consumed in theyre servers.

Now, imagine how many F2P players there are. Mulitply that by 12 to get the amount of bank spaces needed to be stored. Remember how expensive memory is? Not to mention increased upkeep costs of a larger server.

This would cost Jagex thousands and thousands of dollars. You're right, F2P is more than a demo. But you should be thankful, you'd be extremely lucky at most other companies in the industry to find even a DEMO for free. So stop complaining.

I don't see anythign wrong with taking up memory equivalent to half of a CD disk to benefit all f2p players. Half of a CD does NOT cost thousands of dollars.

Here's the calculations: Each Item takes up no more than a DWORD of memory. (common sense--a DWORD stores a Long Integer, which is capable of giving a distinct ID to ALL nonstackable items on runescape PLUS one id to each pile of stackable items.) A DWORD is 4 bytes. multiply that by 12 (for 12 bank slots), and you get 48 bytes. Multiply that by about 8 million F2pers, and you get 366.1 MB. That's equivalent to half of a CD.

For jagex to spend about 1 dollar buying a CD-RW to store that extra memory if the hard drive ran outta space does NOT put a dent in the budget. In fact, if ONE f2per becomes a member as a result of that, then it repays for TEN TIMES that much memory.

Basically, the total cost to add 12 bank slots for Eight Million f2p players adds up to no more than 50 cents altogether (In the form of CD RW disks). In the form of hard drive space, its even cheaper (with 2004 standards, 366 Megabytes cost 42.09 cents That means Every Two Hundred Thousand (200 000) f2pers getting this update cost jagex a penny.).

Although I'm a p2p player, i do support that f2pers should get more bank space.

More cost for servers is a good point also. Why would they pay more money just so the kids to cheap to pay would take up more space. This is like playing Halo 3 Beta and demanding more levels. You dont deserve it f2p.

Bluemoon Inn: For those who wish to buy and sell particular things. Join us, #bluemoon

:thumbsup: im a member and i find myslef running out of bank all the time when my memberships expire i dont play simply because i can not have a hope of banking anythin f2p bank is awful (members would like more bank too)

they ought to add 3 more rows for both members and f2p

i would fill it in 10 min tho... :boohoo:

barrowsmlunar,spikerboy95.gif

spikerboy95.gif

newest goal full guthans and 70 range

fell free to donate the guthans lol

i was a member until it ran out n i decided to do a few f2p skills like firemaking etc that i cant be bothered with when im on members

i had to drop over 300k worth of stuff just so that i could store things such as coal mith and iron ores, there is also the fact that 2 more slots are then needed for mitha and steel bars to be stored .... i need my members items that are expensive and i want to keep

i fully support

you dont realise how much stuff u dont need in ur bank but is worth so much .... u cant sell on a f2p server coz its all "members items"

click the link ... its not a bad game

http://s2.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=52738

Mage Clothes (Top, Hat, Skirt, and Anti Dragon Shield)

You do not need bank space for Anti Dragon Shield. You can just get it for free when you need it.

But I support anyway. (I think I alrwady said).

I fill my P2P bank easy I currently have 1 spot left.

.sigs these of many too read have you backwards this read you If

CapeAnimation.gif

Finding cool stuff = advertising.

Hello. I support this so add me to the list.

To start with. i was a free player for ages. i always ran out of bank space.

i hated it so much.

But now i joined members i have a lot of bank space. but i think the F2P

players still need more bank space.

Put my name on it! I hope we get it.

you can add me to this i am totally up for getting more F2P bankspace seeing as how i was a member at one point in time and u easily get stuff u simply can't sell once u are F2P again and its to valuable to drop. Plus member bank is also very easily filled i can agree with both P/F2P getting at least 1-2 more lines of space.

I Was In F2P for one time and a friend of my till me two join p2p and i loved it and i can get lots of cool things i did not get in f2p and you get a lot more room in your bank two and you get two do thieving two.

dragonmdefault,Red%20Sox767.gif

I Was In F2P for one time and a friend of my till me two join p2p and i loved it and i can get lots of cool things i did not get in f2p and you get a lot more room in your bank two and you get two do thieving two.

what the heck was the point of that

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I totally agree, i remember being a non-member about 4 months ago. I was stuffed! You people hear me? STUFFED! I ended up dropping like 14 of the things i needed but not as much as others. And that doesn't even include the holiday items n'stuff.

I support. :thumbsup:

zabababoomboom

I LURV UU

Or may be the F2P should stop playing, so you have to pay $10 a month to play how does that sound. :?: :?: JK

I'm sure the profit from F2P(adverts) is a great percent for the total profit for Jagex, so they are kind of making money of a "Demo", that they have no intention of updating.

Such greediness :cry: :cry: !! JK

Or may be the F2P should stop playing, so you have to pay $10 a month to play how does that sound. :?: :?: JK

I'm sure the profit from F2P(adverts) is a great percent for the total profit for Jagex, so they are kind of making money of a "Demo", that they have no intention of updating.

Such greediness :cry: :cry: !! JK

Ok, I'm a little confused... Which side are you on?

Add me to the list!

it's hard to manage my bank, always got to watch out so my bank doesnt run out on space..

had to throw 12 random clothings away... that sure did hurt my *elbows*

ATM i have a whooping 6 open spaces in my f2p bank, A WHOOPING 6!!

:pray: bankspace plz

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

I agree, F2P has way too little bank space.

But I don't really like it when people have F2P as a lifestyle #-o Like, "Pure F2P!!!" for example, I don't know really, it just ticks me off.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I agree with this. Although I'm p2p, I remember what it was like to be f2p with a full bank account, they should seriously add more space for it.

Reiskade.png

~Council of Northern Gods~