Do you beleive in aliens?

Randol20

I don't believe in green little men with 3 eyes and 9 legs. But I do think there is live out there. It would be too much of a coincidence that only earth would have live on the planet. I'm not religious, but you might have guessed that by now. The universe is too big to think that only earth has life.

Personally I think it's a very interesting subject, but there is not much to say about because we can't travel far into space, heh.

I don't think they exist. Any proof of them is probably military testing that got spotted by civilians. That's what I think. It's so secretive because the military has to keep it hidden from other nations from realizing what we have.

I'm currently transitioning from a Wizard to a Mage and a Priest to an Archpriest. Lol both are nonexistant in the top 25. Hopefully I can change that. :D

I think its foolish to deny the existence of life outside of earth when the universe is so massive. Even the 100000000000000000000:1 chances equate to some pretty good odds when you consider the size

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I don't believe in green little men with 3 eyes and 9 legs. But I do think there is live out there.

my views exactly i was reading this book and some guy did some calculations on the probability of life evolving on other planets (took into account chance of planet planet having hospitable atmosphere, chance of life evolving etc) and then he applied to the number of planets and it was like a more than 1,000,000 to 1 chance of their being life on at least 1 other planet and since then weve found bacteria that live in much worse conditions then we'd ever thought possible before

of course when you consider our nearest neighbour solar system is over 4 light years away chances are humanity will live out its time and go exctinct way before we ever meet any other life

ahahaha IMA A IDIOT

cant argue there mate
Real world? *looks around confuzzled* Real world?!? :ohnoes:

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

have now quit rs :-( (but i still browse these forums :-)

The chances of little green men with 3 eyes and 9 legs are just as high as the chances of microbacteria and the like being out there. As massive as the Universe is, you can't expect that there isn't any other life period. They say there are more stars in the sky than there are grains of sand on Earth, which is to say...there is a pretty high chance there's something intelligent out there. They may not be flying around in ships and whatnot, but there's gotta' be something, otherwise it's a huge waste of space.

If they (the government) has knowledge of anything intelligent, they won't be releasing it anytime soon. Among other things, I think finding other intelligent life forms would completely and utterly destroy religion. I don't think ANY religion teaches that any God made anything but the life on Earth. Could be wrong though, I haven't read every book on every religion. You can bet that the catholic church would "find" some sacred tablet that says God made other life, though. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I think its foolish to deny the existence of life outside of earth when the universe is so massive. Even the 100000000000000000000:1 chances equate to some pretty good odds when you consider the size

Exactly.

There's the Drake equation that proves that the probability of that is very large indeed:

The Drake Equation

N= [r* x fp x ne x fl x fi x fc] L where:

N= number of possible civilizations to communicate with

R* = is the rate at which stars capable of sustaining like are formed

fp = the fraction of these stars which have planets

ne = the number of planets similar to Earth in the planetary system

fl = the fraction of the Earth-like planets that hold life

fi = the fraction of life that becomes an intelligent civilization

fc = the fraction intelligent civilizations that attempt to communicate

L= the number of years the civilization remains able to communicate

The result of it leads to a great possibility of the existence of life in the universe other than on Earth. So, it's a scientific formula that proves that aliens exist. I don't know why many scientists are still skeptical when it comes to that.

Plus of course, there's all the evidence from The X Files. :P

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

Do u think there are aliens out there?

Eh... you shouldn't ask this question that way since there is Alien life outside of our planet.

Plus, it would arrogant to believe that there isn't other life out there.

-=Aznhuskarl=- Cleric

-=20Cent=- Juggernaught

More to come...

I don't believe in things with big heads, large black eyes, long boney arms, and three fingers... I do believe that there are other lifeforms out there that are pretty similar to humans.

yep, i believe in 'em.

there was something on the news about one of Mars's moons containing one large body of water larger than the size of all the oceans on earth put together. <-- i had an point i was trying to get across but its hard to explain.

fregglesalesc0.jpg

yep, i believe in 'em.

there was something on the news about one of Mars's moons containing one large body of water larger than the size of all the oceans on earth put together. <-- i had an point i was trying to get across but its hard to explain.

Considering the Earth is mostly water, I doubt that is correct, but anyways...That "water" isn't water as we know it...It's likely liquid methane and the like. To find a planet with actual H2O on it would be an amazing day for science.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I don't think they exist. Any proof of them is probably military testing that got spotted by civilians. That's what I think. It's so secretive because the military has to keep it hidden from other nations from realizing what we have.

So, you think that out of all of the stars (billions possibly trillions) and billions of planets we are the only life form out there? Wow...thats arrogant.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

So, you think that out of all of the stars (billions possibly trillions) and billions of planets we are the only life form out there? Wow...thats arrogant.

It's arrogant to assume that there is when there's no positive proof out there. But that's just me. :lol:

Besides, there are plenty of reasons why the Earth is so suited for life. I could go into the odds of how infinitesimal the chances are, but to be honest, no one cares. Anything can happen. And us arguing back and forth about statistics is quite useless.

Besides, it doesn't really matter. If there are, we should all just play Angels and Airwaves really loudly to make them like us and not blow us out of oblivion.

I'm currently transitioning from a Wizard to a Mage and a Priest to an Archpriest. Lol both are nonexistant in the top 25. Hopefully I can change that. :D

I want to add that other life doesn't have to be suited like Earth. Like a alien can breath C02 instead of 02 like us humans.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

i believe in aliens of course...how canu not?? if u think we r on the only planet that can support u life u r wierd (no offense ::' ) lol neways i saw something on discovery channel about NASA launching a few pod things flying to some planet in some other solar system in like 2015 or something...but they never said if it was real or not or if they were jus suggesting something NASA might do..

-.-

Yes.

With the universe as big as it is, how can anyone not?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I don't believe in green little men with 3 eyes and 9 legs. But I do think there is live out there. It would be too much of a coincidence that only earth would have live on the planet. I'm not religious, but you might have guessed that by now. The universe is too big to think that only earth has life.

Personally I think it's a very interesting subject, but there is not much to say about because we can't travel far into space, heh.

I totally agree with you, there's GOT TO BE life in somewhere, maybe not humans but some sort of 'creatures' or something.

RSN - Ur Enemy, lvl 120 - Back in action!:)

Oldest rsn: Obu86 lvl 100 :P ~Retired~

RS Since 2001