Ruby (E) Bolts overlooked?

munchkinmage

I don't think many people realize how good the Ruby (e) bolts are.. I took them to the KBD along with one friend to test them out. I wanted to make sure that they worked the way I thought.. Indeed they do. I lost 6 of my 70 hp, to deal the KBD 48 of his almost 250 hp. Here's a screenshot of me hitting it..

kbd0001yv8.jpg

And yes, I just hit a 48 with 74 ranged. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Discuss?

imagine it with 99 ranged!

That's the best part... The damage is simply 20% of their HP... it doesn't matter what your ranged level is. Anyone who can use a crossbow that can fire Ruby Bolts can hit the same.. Can you imagine using those on Jad? :-w

EDIT: Dang. Simued. :evil:

Not to take anything away, but I posted pictures of me hitting 48's on the KBD when ruby bolts (E) came out. Other people have also posted pictures of them hitting 50's on the portals in pest control.

But yeah... They're all right up until a monster gets down to about half of it's hits.

Reasons to NOT use for jad:

1) Crossbow is too slow.

2) From what I have heard the special doesn't happen very often.

3) Lose 1 or even 2 spaces for the bolts and crossbow.

4) Overall range bonus of rune crossbow means your regular hits will not hit very often.

Also, a reason you would use these for normal training is because you're usually in a safe spot. If you're fighting something with a big amount of hp why not use these bolts and tap into and use your hp, which isn't being lost since you're in the safespot anyways :)

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

A tactic I've heard suggested is Ruby (e) till the boss monster is about half health, then switch to diamond (e) to finish it off. Great for high hitpoint monsters that damage you anyway (like at KQ, Chaos Elemental and Dagg Kings).

Pricey.

Hopefully, the magic crossbow (with dragon arms?) will have a special that automatically activates the bolts special. Imagine two ruby shots with blood sacrifice activated?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Lol.. if you got a group of like 5 people to do that, you could 1-hit any monster... ^_^

DANG.

That must mean we will be seeing a hell of a lot more d chains very soon :|

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Lol.. if you got a group of like 5 people to do that, you could 1-hit any monster... ^_^

Haha i'm a jerk for pointing this out :P but with 5 people you could only actually get it to 33% health because it's cummulative :P. Haha but still with 10 people you could get it down to 10% health which would be easy to take out!

Noo... becuase if they all attacked at the same time, they'd all hit 20% of the max. Granted, you'd have to time it so everyone attacked at the exact same time, but it could probably be done.

Now, that's assuming that they ACTUALLY RELEASE a Mage Crossbow that has that as a special... :lol:

Nope, I still think crossbows are totally useless.

I sat out near the Chaos Elemental with ruby bolts (e) and went through an ENTIRE INVENTORY of sharks without ever hitting with the special. Same thing happened with Emerald (e).

Maybe I just have the worst luck in the world. :roll:

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png