Taxes

darthvox

This is my first suggestion OK, so dont flame me if theres anything off.

Hyperinflation in RS is a big problem, and Jagex has already tried many ways to drain the money supply(construction, barrows). But those ways are only for p2p. So, Jagex should create a universal tax system, which taxes people with 400k+, lets say, 3% of their total gp each month.

People who need to save up to buy expensive stuff could pay taxes later, but with interest. Taxes would be collected in the bank, where you have a new option while speaking to the banker: "I'd like to pay my taxes please".

When you login they would remind you to pay if you have not paid for the month. If you havent paid for more than 50 days since your last payment you would get a 0.5% surcharge and if you havent paid for 80 days you account would be locked.

This way the money supply in RS would decrease and would encourage to richer players buy more so that they would have less tax to pay, so it would also help poorer merchants as they would have more rich players buying from them.

Whoa.. think of the coding needed for that. I dont think it will work. Personally, locking an account for not paying 3% interest.. What's to stop people from trading the day before the taxes are due to a noob account and avoiding the taxes?

Jaskkes.png

What's to stop people from trading the day before the taxes are due to a noob account and avoiding the taxes?

That's exactly what i'd do... I'm not giving any of my gp to Jagex, members already give them REAL money... :lol:

I don't like the idea personally, TONS of players would rant about it and i'm sure people would find a way to scam off of it.

Not a good idea.

Think about it. If the tax is on gp that the player has then all the player has to do is keep their riches in the form of items. Unless, of course you can determine a way of taxing items as well.

It would ruin the economy!

Oh, just kidding. Actually, I've toyed with various ideas on how to reduce the amount of gold in RS to curb inflation, but, if you think about it, it really doesn't matter.

There are a few measures I think could be taken to reduce the amount of money in RS. Take each of these for what they are worth. They aren't really suggestions for change, just ideas of things that could help the stated problem:

1. Low/High alchemy: Make the returns somewhat variable, with the high-end of the range being what the normal amount presently is.

2. Stores: When stores buy things, add a little logic to what they purchase. Right now, the range starts at high-alch value and drops to low-alch value as their quantity increases. I think that once the low-alch value is reached, the store should refuse to buy the item with a message of "We have enough of these already"

3. Stores (again): Stores shouldn't buy unfinished items, like unstrung bows, unstrung amulets, un-blessed holy symbols, etc.

4. Bank fees: The bank could charge a deposit fee for certain types of items. Things like food (requires refrigeration), or heavy objects (ores and bars, etc) This charge would apply at the time of the deposit and would be minimal (1-5 coins per item or load deposited).

5. Entry/Usage fees: Like the Al Kharid gates (until you do the quest), charge fees to enter various areas or even buildings. Also, each time you go to pray at an alter, you are asked to give a donation (or they don't let you pray!) in the amount would be the number of prayer points you need to restore.

Again, I'm not saying that these ideas should be implemented. I'm just throwing them out there for discussion as an alternative to a tax (which I'm not particularly in favor of).

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

Any forms of taxes I do not like. I dont know why you want to make it more complecated, its simple and logical how it works now. Jagex has just to remove high alch, or make more money-draining updates.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

OK i dont really get the idea of taxes. WHO really cares if theres a ton of rich ppl. Its good for them and a way to get money for ppl who have bulk in stock. Personally i only have about 400k right now and is good money for me. Ya they might not work on their skills anymore but that doesnt really matter. If some1 could tell me a reason y being rich is a bad thing or anything tell me.

Code:

untitled6kv7.gif

Whats the point in bringing in taxes? Jagex has already brought out construction, and i think the idea with that is that all money will eventually pass through the hands of a member

Besides, people would just create heaps and heaps of accounts and spread the money out - tax evaded :D

• 1 year later...

I don't like this idea.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

This is what you do; You have 10 mil. You go buy an easter, and full sets of rune when the tax day comes. You pay 3k tax(you have 100k gp left). The day after, you sell your easter, and full sets of rune. Or you could simply drop your money when you pay your taxes, and pick it up afterwards.

This idea really is stupid. Like someone pointed out, Jagex already takes 5 dollars from 1 million+ people(members). Do they need a virtual money tax along with that...? It's not like there is a virtual government that's paying for roads here...

This would encourage 500 accounts per person. People would make accounts that dont have more than 400k each as storage accounts. This would only cause problems and less server space.

i diisagree bc if some1 lets say has to much to do and they cant log on the get locked in 2 and 1/3 is moths

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

It sounds like a very bad idea to me. Lets just hope that jagex don't read this and say 'this is good, let's use it'.

knowing them they probably will.

are the mods sleeping or something because no on likes this topic at all and its just annoying to see that there are people who acctually think like this.

untitled-1.png

~What if you're in college, and you only play RS during the summers? Then your account gets locked?~

~Also, i'm a multi-hundred-millionaire (if there is such a thing,) but very little of my money is in Cash. All i have to do is buy a Party Hat, thus greatly decreasing my Cash value, and my Taxes will be low, right?~

~No one would like this, they're all greedy. I personally would support it, if you could work out those kinks.~

Our_Moon.png