the wonderful world of...anime

Nenga

K. Regarding Bleach:

[hide]Why does everything having to do with hollows have spanish names?

Arrancar - to pull out (v.)

Hueco Mundo - Hollow World

Menos grande - less great

Vasto Lorde - vast lord

Las Noches - the nights

Might be more that I forgot about.

All of these are literal translations. Does Kubo have spanish ties or something? I first noticed menos grande when they said it early on, then when the Arrancar stuff started there was even more spanish, to my surprise.[/hide]

Ok:

[hide] I think it's cool that they introduced the spanish, it's cool. And is Zaraki and Hollow Ichigo the best!?[/hide]

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished Death Note. Best ending that there could possibly have been, amazing. (I finally got to open all those hide tags lol, yay.)

[hide]I got kinda bored during that portion of the show where Light lost his memory, though. Without the evil genius there to combat the good one, what made Death Note great was just absent. But then, Light's plan worked out and he got back his memory and killed L, and I was happy again.

And then Near and Mello came. . . eh. The whole "L's replacement" thing just didn't feel right. But Near grew on me, Mello was just stupid with his chocolate fetish. And I totally agree with Near when he said that neither one of them was as good as L. L was beast.[/hide]

p2gq.jpg

I just finished Death Note. Best ending that there could possibly have been, amazing. (I finally got to open all those hide tags lol, yay.)

[hide]I got kinda bored during that portion of the show where Light lost his memory, though. Without the evil genius there to combat the good one, what made Death Note great was just absent. But then, Light's plan worked out and he got back his memory and killed L, and I was happy again.

And then Near and Mello came. . . eh. The whole "L's replacement" thing just didn't feel right. But Near grew on me, Mello was just stupid with his chocolate [specialInterest]. And I totally agree with Near when he said that neither one of them was as good as L. L was beast.[/hide]

[hide]*Gasp* Are you kidding? The part where L and Misa lost their memories was one of the best parts! The bit where L tried to trick L and Misa into revealing their powers was awesome! Pity it didn't work.[/hide]

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

[hide]*Gasp* Are you kidding? The part where L and Misa lost their memories was one of the best parts! The bit where L tried to trick L and Misa into revealing their powers was awesome! Pity it didn't work.[/hide]

[hide]Nah, the best part about that whole thing was trying to understand how the switching of the Death Notes (as well as who was partnered with each Death god) worked out in Light's plan. It was so elaborate, so amazing... I could spend hours cross-examining every little detail. Ohba is a genius among geniuses.[/hide]

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

The most awsome thing about those sites is they're not blocked out by my school website block (which I know how to disable anyway)

Didn't know there were so many Death Note fans on this forum :D

I made it up to episode 23 before the website I was watching them on was shut down. Guess I'll have to check out one of those websites posted above me.

Light is in my sig! \:D/

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

full metal alchemist, dragon ball Z, naruto, death note, all are my favorite...you can hate!

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

full metal alchemist, dragon ball Z, naruto, death note, all are my favorite...you can hate!

I'd "hate", but I think FMA, Death Note, and maybe a little bit from DBZ is enough to compensate for Naruto.

I'd "hate", but I think FMA, Death Note, and maybe a little bit from DBZ is enough to compensate for Naruto.

:shock: :o What's wrong with Naruto? Sure, it has some... Immature parts in it, but, apart from that, what's so bad about it?

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

:shock: :o What's wrong with Naruto? Sure, it has some... Immature parts in it, but, apart from that, what's so bad about it?

Well, the level of deepness is... zero [ZERO], the plot runs in circles, Naruto says the same damn thing and has the same damn thoughts every fight and encounter ["He's just like me!"], the main character is utterly lame and cliche (all these "dark heroes" running around, getin' annoying), the fights need more katanas and less kunais, everything is unbearably predictable, and of course there's yaoi in it. Evil, evil yaoi.

And that's not even considering dubbing. Don't even want to go into that dark and barren territory. Naruto is literally the only anime who's dubbing I hated before I even heard the prior Japanese voice actors.

Well, the level of deepness is... zero [ZERO], the plot runs in circles, Naruto says the same damn thing and has the same damn thoughts every fight and encounter ["He's just like me!"], the main character is utterly lame and cliche (all these "dark heroes" running around, getin' annoying), the fights need more katanas and less kunais, everything is unbearably predictable, and of course there's yaoi in it. Evil, evil yaoi.

And that's not even considering dubbing. Don't even want to go into that dark and barren territory. Naruto is literally the only anime who's dubbing I hated before I even heard the prior Japanese voice actors.

:wall: Yes, the dubbing does suck. And with your cliche example, give me one example of an anime where the plot doesn't run along those lines. And, when you get further into the anime, it gets a lot deeper. With your point on the whole weapons thing, I suppose that's just a matter of opinion, and I agree that they could extend their arsenals a bit. And, how does the plot "Run in circles"? But yes, Naruto Uzumaki is damn annoying, IMO. But, luckily, in the later episodes, he gives up on the 'Believe It!' and that makes the whole anime more enjoyable.

Tell me, how many episodes did you actually watch of this?

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Lol Naruto deep.

Not to matter, I can't even get past the horrid art style. It just looks like it was made for 10 year olds.

... And yet you play(ed?) Runescape?

I quite like the art style, in fact, it's gritty, and somewhat dark, when they want it to be.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Lol Naruto deep.

Not to matter, I can't even get past the horrid art style. It just looks like it was made for 10 year olds.

Probably cos it was.

I like naruto, I think its a fun little anime, I enjoy watching the new episodes when they come out, but i'm not gonna devote any serious amount of time to it. Narutards are what makes the series unbearable, clogging up the tubes with their endless fanyaoi.

Tk5SF.png

Lol Naruto deep.

Probably cos it was.

I like naruto, I think its a fun little anime, I enjoy watching the new episodes when they come out, but i'm not gonna devote any serious amount of time to it. Narutards are what makes the series unbearable, clogging up the tubes with their endless fanyaoi.

Urgh... Don't talk to me about Yaoi... Search DeviantArt for Naruto and you get page out of page of... I'm not continuing... :ohnoes: :uhh:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Lol Naruto deep.

Probably cos it was.

Urgh... Don't talk to me about Yaoi... Search DeviantArt for Naruto and you get page out of page of... I'm not continuing... :ohnoes: :uhh:

WHY do you search deviantart for Naruto then? We all know thats what happens, just dont do it.

but whats even worse than that... Naruto WEBCHATS. WEBCHATS!! why.. why.. oh god why.. do some people feel the need to dream up what naruto would say to sakura if they both had MSN.

Tk5SF.png

:wall: Yes, the dubbing does suck. And with your cliche example, give me one example of an anime where the plot doesn't run along those lines. And, when you get further into the anime, it gets a lot deeper. With your point on the whole weapons thing, I suppose that's just a matter of opinion, and I agree that they could extend their arsenals a bit. And, how does the plot "Run in circles"? But yes, Naruto Uzumaki is damn annoying, IMO. But, luckily, in the later episodes, he gives up on the 'Believe It!' and that makes the whole anime more enjoyable.

Tell me, how many episodes did you actually watch of this?

Not proud of it, but about the first 100. I'm not saying it's unbearable- that's just overused hyperbole. But in comparison to most other animes, it's a little juvenile and pointless.

And no offense, but Naruto can not do "dark". Maybe it's the art style, or the fact that everyone who fights is like 10, but it's completely incabable of making scenes that are dark, relative to other anime anyways.

Lol Naruto deep.

... And yet you play(ed?) Runescape?

I quite like the art style, in fact, it's gritty, and somewhat dark, when they want it to be.

I played runescape when I was 14, and for a little bit when I was 16.

(I'm 19 now).

ps: anyone see the nintendo Wii comerical for that Naruto game? God that crap is funny as hell.

Funnily enough, my media lesson's topic is all about The Simpsons and it's controversial topics portrayed in a child's cartoon. If only I had time to explain anime...

I think it's the violence, religion, incest, sexuality and various controversial issues that make it quite interesting.

And it's in a cartoon!

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

The only anime TV show I ever liked was Outlaw Star. I watched a couple of episodes of DBZ and GT but i didnt get "into it" if you know what i mean.

That show made the most sense to me then anything else. This show pretty much represents what most children have to go through now. Its not that the father was sucked into space but, that he is absent. The show made so much sense but the thing is i was only 7 when i watched.