the wonderful world of...anime

Nenga

[hide=long quote is looooong]

These quotes are about Bleach. You've been warned.

[hide] some1 did die.. even if it was just a side character.. that evil bastard killed his loving luitenant. [/hide]

[hide]Momo ain't dead foo'.[/hide]

[hide] she looks pretty damn dead to me. but so do a lot of other characters when they "die" i guess.[/hide]

[hide]Wow, coincidence. I seriously just watched that episode like 10 minutes ago, and came around here to shout out to the world how good Bleach is!!! And I was kinda hesitant to open these hides because I knew neither what show you were talking about or what point, and it just happened to be the right show at the right point. Freaky.

Yeah, Unohana said Hinamori avoided death for now.

Anyways, I love this show. It was sorta a bit slow to begin, but from like episode 15-now (I'm on 61) it's just gotten progressively sweeter. I was thinking, where are they gonna go after this: Byakuya is going to get killed by Ichigo and save Rukia, then what...And then like, 20 plot twists later (I sorta knew something was up, though I thought maybe Ichimaru was actually good [nothing is as it seems]) and we are where we are. So excited to continue![/hide]

Bleach owns. IT OWNS. The story is amazing, the characters are pretty cool, the humor is consistently funny, and the fights are of mixed quality, ranging from 'meh' to 'Woah' but usually somewhere in between. I think I still like Naruto a little better, but that could be because I've seen all of it (not Shippuden yet, but soon). I don't think the story is as good (it's not really as mature or complex), but the characters are very unique (making the dramatic moments more hard-hitting) and the fight scenes are most of the time phenomenal. I'm slowly becoming addicted to anime (it went from ~1 hour per night at the start of semmester to ~3 hours a night now). And I'm so glad that there are so many other allegedly great animes that I can watch when I run out of Bleach and Naruto (I'm thinkin, first Death Note, then Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, Ghost in the Shell...).

Is Dragonball GT worth checking out? I watched the entirity of Dragonball Z when I was like 12-14ish, but I've sort moved on to more modern, story-driven anime. There was a lot of staring and screaming in DBZ that I donno if I would be able to put up with now. And despite loving DBZ, I didn't really get much entertainment from the few Dragonball episodes I watched.

Final Comment, @ Jaziek

[hide]

oh. man... do i feel sorry for all you adult swim watchers who got stuck at episode 52.. 2 more episodes and .. wow..
I seriously almost sharted my pants when I watched that ep. Soooo goood.[/hide]

Note: I'm aware I sound like a rambling noob in this post, and that I use an excessive amount of bracketed comments, but it's 3am and I just got off a 4 hour Bleach binge so cut me some slack.

[/hide]

I'd get up to date with bleach before watching GT. GT is good... but its nowhere near as good as bleach.

Tk5SF.png

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the first episode of Mushishi couple days ago. It was pretty interesting, I loved the art style and the premise is pretty cool.

Problem is only place I've seen to download it is off of megaupload which sucks -- only allows me to do like 1 download a day. #-o Anyone know anywhere better? :oops:

^ I would use Stage6, as you don't actually have to download to watch but you can if you want to. Only problem is they've recently gone on a deleting spree. Both of my FMA channels were completely wiped out as well as the Bleach channel. But you may be able to find it depending on how popular it is, as it may not have attracted attention. The search function there does kind of suck though.

p2gq.jpg

^ I would use Stage6, as you don't actually have to download to watch but you can if you want to. Only problem is they've recently gone on a deleting spree. Both of my FMA channels were completely wiped out as well as the Bleach channel. But you may be able to find it depending on how popular it is, as it may not have attracted attention. The search function there does kind of suck though.

I'll try. Wasn't aware you could download them. (I'd rather do that instead of having to search for the next EP between episodes).

I think its a decently known anime... at least its gotten a few awards

I don't know if this has been brought up but is it me or Dexter sounds ALOT like Death Note?

We both have a missionary serial killer (murdering criminals for the 'greater good'), they have copycat killers AND they're both sons of police officers.

Coincidence? I think not :twisted: but awesome nonetheless...

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

Hmm... Has anybody heard of Spriggan? It's an anime movie that was made in around 2001, I saw a Disturbed AMV on it a while ago (Yes, I got most of the animes I watch from watching AMV's on them.) and I thought it looked awesome. Anyone got some links to a stream or download? :?

And, more importantly, anybody who's seen it, do you think it's any good?

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Hmm... Has anybody heard of Spriggan? It's an anime movie that was made in around 2001, I saw a Disturbed AMV on it a while ago (Yes, I got most of the animes I watch from watching AMV's on them.) and I thought it looked awesome. Anyone got some links to a stream or download? :?

Ha! that's how I found out about Death Note :P . Youtubin AMV's is fun, even if 99% of them are crap :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I'll try. Wasn't aware you could download them. (I'd rather do that instead of having to search for the next EP between episodes).

I think its a decently known anime... at least its gotten a few awards

[hide]1.) Get a torrent client (azereus or utorrent)

2.) http://www.tokyotosho.com/index.php <- Search for titles there (at your discretion)

They have mostly everything there.

Like the guy said, theres Stage6 - but they got warned by a couple of studios and companies.

Theres also Veoh - but same thing with Stage6...

Theres also this site http://realitylapse.com/index.php - Direct Download, and theres is NO limit to how many you can download in a day.

Although... you have to finish the download before you can download another episode...

(They have Mushishi on that site)

Other direct download sites:

http://www.anime-sensei.net/ (Megaupload / rapidshare / etc)

http://www.animea.net/series (Megaupload / rapidshare / etc)

Frankly I prefer torrents...

[/hide]

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

jak, I agree, it's nice using torrents, especially if you start downloading right before bed (mine takes hella long when I download from dattebayo).

But if it's up on Stage6, it's not that bad an idea to just save the torrent loading time, find the episode and play it full screen with some of the best quality on the 'net.

Though, Stage6 does have one of the worst search engines I've ever encountered, so that can be a bit of a set back if the vid you're looking for is buried :-k .

^ Can't torrent on the network. Campus internet, don't think it works. (might try anyways though lol)

Also reality pass took down Mushishi from their site, you can't actually download any EP's. :(

^ Can't torrent on the network. Campus internet, don't think it works. (might try anyways though lol)

Also reality pass took down Mushishi from their site, you can't actually download any EP's. :(

Oh you have that in your university internet too? :lol:

Those things gave me headaches for ages last year (thank god im off campus now hehe) :pray:

Try http://megavideo.com/ then?

They're usually high quality.

And wow... I didn't know mushishi was already licensed in the US... :-X

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Anyone here seen Heroic Age?

Also, the Bleach manga came out and it seems Byakuya is helluva lot of enraged. \'

Naruto manga was.. well.. boring.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Oh you have that in your university internet too? :lol:

Those things gave me headaches for ages last year (thank god im off campus now hehe) :pray:

Try http://megavideo.com/ then?

They're usually high quality.

And wow... I didn't know mushishi was already licensed in the US... :-X

^ I'll try that.

To Nadril, if he wants full episodes of Mushishi:

Click here for full episodes of Mushishi.

Doesn't work as I already said, usually I use that site to download stuff.

This episode belongs to a series that has been licensed in the United States. The respective holder of this license has asked to remove this file from the site.

http://realitylapse.com/downloads/video ... shi01.rmvb

I watched the first episode of Death Note, since I'm kinda in a boring arc in Bleach now. Very solid, I dunno if I will like it as much as Bleach or Naruto though, as it seems dead serious. That might be good though, I'm not sure. I'm gonna catch up on Naruto and Bleach before I start watching seriously, though.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I watched the first episode of Death Note, since I'm kinda in a boring arc in Bleach now. Very solid, I dunno if I will like it as much as Bleach or Naruto though, as it seems dead serious. That might be good though, I'm not sure. I'm gonna catch up on Naruto and Bleach before I start watching seriously, though.

That's why I loved death note, it didn't seem really 'silly' like some animes.

I'm watching it over again whenever it comes on [AS].

[hide]Man I still love how he takes care of Ray penbar and his fiancee[/hide]

How old is Death Note? My friends got into it, but I thought it was just some crappy indie anime. Now it seems from them and from you guys that it's more than that. Is it? Is it worth getting into?

Certainly is. It is, with out a doubt, probably the smartest anime out there. I don't think I've ever watched anything that was so intense without actually having conventional 'fight' scenes.

Deffinitly recommend it.

[ It is, with out a doubt, probably

::' are you sure?

also Rushrock, what exactly is an Indie anime?

Well, it's kind of a term I made up myself. It's like that back-of-the-shelf-at-Borders kind of anime that nobody has ever really heard about. Or it might be the type that only a couple of people read because of the character's sex appeal(I know, anime love is kinda "ehh", but it's out there), and the actual anime itself has no good plot or any good characters.

Is the Death Note manga worth getting? And is the manga or anime better (dubbed or subbed)?

^ I watched the subbed anime and a bit of dubbed on [AS], so thats all I can really comment on. (subbed sounds better).

If you watched the dubbed first, you'd probably say it's better than the subbed :P .

[subbed's better].

^ I watched the subbed anime and a bit of dubbed on [AS], so thats all I can really comment on. (subbed sounds better).

If you watched the dubbed first, you'd probably say it's better than the subbed :P .

[subbed's better].

Lol I actually watched the dubbed first, only for the 1st EP though IIRC.

[subbed's better].

:-k

Which L voice did you hear first? His is the only major one I can't stand (though, hearing Aizawa's voice yesterday was pretty bad as well).

Ryuk sounds good, Light sounds okay now that I've gotten used to it(needs a bit more insanity in it), and most everything else seems to check out. But L's voice... oi, that just screws the character up completely.

[subbed's better].

:-k

Which L voice did you hear first? His is the only major one I can't stand (though, hearing Aizawa's voice yesterday was pretty bad as well).

Ryuk sounds good, Light sounds okay now that I've gotten used to it(needs a bit more insanity in it), and most everything else seems to check out. But L's voice... oi, that just screws the character up completely.

Yeah I heard L subbed first.

I agree with you too, L's dubbed voice is awful. I can stand Light, Ryuk is pretty good (actually) and everyone else is ok... L though, god. He sounds like some British man or something.