Meleeing Iron\Steel Dragons (Aug2006)(AoW)

Headnazgul

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent guide, well researched,great drop info.Thanks for a new dimension of monster killing. The poster above may be losing money because your BELOW recommended minimum requirements as mentioned at start of post.

Thanks

Treat all in game runescape conversations as if the person was right in front of you. Alot of people saying noob would be seeing their dentist....beleive me.

Just wondering:

Now with that very new free hometeleport to lumbridge, are you gonna use it, so you save an invertoryspot for extra food, pots, space or natures for alching? Or is it way to unsave, because the process about teleporting get stopped when you get attacked...

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Yay, updated. I added the newer versions of the equipped items menu. My RS character has never looked so pretty :)

Just wondering:

Now with that very new free hometeleport to lumbridge, are you gonna use it, so you save an invertoryspot for extra food, pots, space or natures for alching? Or is it way to unsave, because the process about teleporting get stopped when you get attacked...

And as for that ^. I added my answer to that as well. Which is simply that the Tiny Elf Crystal is also a great choice for metal dragons not only because its a one inventory space teleport, but also because it's a one-click teleport. Since the new lumby teleport doesn't work during combat you won't be able to use it for emergencies, like if you're out of food and prayer and get dangerously low on hitpoints on your last drag. With the elf crystal you just click it and you're safe. But with this new one you would have to run away until you found a safe place to teleport.

Nazgul.jpeg

Yay, updated. I added the newer versions of the equipped items menu. My RS character has never looked so pretty :)

Just wondering:

And as for that ^. I added my answer to that as well. Which is simply that the Tiny Elf Crystal is also a great choice for metal dragons not only because its a one inventory space teleport, but also because it's a one-click teleport. Since the new lumby teleport doesn't work during combat you won't be able to use it for emergencies, like if you're out of food and prayer and get dangerously low on hitpoints on your last drag. With the elf crystal you just click it and you're safe. But with this new one you would have to run away until you found a safe place to teleport.

If you stay there for a while, they will unlikely be aggressive anymore when you need to tele out. Then you CAN use the free lumbridge teleport. But the crystal is also good since it's faster and it also tele's you close to an altar like lumbridge teleport.

And for the zammy brews... It's probably not worth getting zammy brews just for this. It's just that I had 80 zammy brews(4) from when I got 78 herblore and I found no other good use of it. The auto-hp recovery every minute covers the hp loss from when you drink it.

Got fire cape at the 17th of June 2006

Abyssal whip drops: 6

Wow you have watered my appetite for these monsters now. Too bad I dont have high stats to go after them. Will there be a bronze dragon section or is it not worth it going to them?

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Nah, although I enjoy fighting monsters that everyone else hates for so-called "good reasons," Bronze Dragons really are just plain horrible monsters to fight lol :P. The dogs attack you and they have horrible loot for what it takes to kill them, so there really isn't consistent profit from them at all.

You may expect a Skeletal Wyvern guide here eventually though. But that one will be based more for fun than profit, as those are very expensive monsters to fight.

Nazgul.jpeg

Cool guide!

I might point out that on your minimalist setup, you recommend warrior helm and the "stab" setting for the d long. But the warrior helm only gives an attack bonus to "slash" - so one would be better off with a berzerker helm or d med or something along those lines.

There are 10 types of people in the world:

* Those who understand binary

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

The slash bonus is only for when using whip.

You are right that the slash bonus doesn't help when using d dagger, but using stab style with it is sill more accurate than using slash style with d dagger.

I still prefer the proselyte helm waaaay over warrior or berserker helm.

Got fire cape at the 17th of June 2006

Abyssal whip drops: 6

Cool guide!

I might point out that on your minimalist setup, you recommend warrior helm and the "stab" setting for the d long. But the warrior helm only gives an attack bonus to "slash" - so one would be better off with a berzerker helm or d med or something along those lines.

Heh, that error totally slipped my mind. Thanks. Although I knew Warrior only added slash, I didn't think to adjust the setup for the D long for some reason. I was just thinking of the cheapest items that work decently against the dragons. I'll add a Proselyte helm to that setup, maybe that will make Wozfe happy :P.

Nazgul.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

What a superb guide! I think its the best guide on this forum personally, I have just finished my slayer task and I am about to go and try slaying metal drags now,

Thanks.

=D> =D> =D>

Callum+Thorn.png

* I play on the Username Callum Thorn, not Z7 Royal Z7! *

1. i would mention the use of the black mask for any iron/steel dragon task; it is FAR better than zerker or warrior helm

2. the extremist setup, in my eyes, is not worth mentioning because it sacrifices money (both from death or for repairs) and prayer bonus and has no advantages over your typical setup

besides that, nice

1. i would mention the use of the black mask for any iron/steel dragon task; it is FAR better than zerker or warrior helm

2. the extremist setup, in my eyes, is not worth mentioning because it sacrifices money (both from death or for repairs) and prayer bonus and has no advantages over your typical setup

besides that, nice

Black mask is already in there. It's under the comments in the Recommended Equipment section. It's only a small mention though because this guide wasn't intended specifically for tasks but rather killing them to make money.

The extremist setup actually works pretty well, but you are right that it is risky to use at them and also the repairs can add up. With that setup though, you can turn your prayer off between kills more safely because of its much better defense bonuses, which means you actually save a few prayer potion doses by the end of the round. Whether the amount you can save using that setup makes up for the higher prayer bonus of my personal setup, I don't know. But honestly I added that setup to show what you could use to satisfy people saying Restore Potions work better, or Sara Brews work better, or that Verac has better melee defense so it's safer to use, etc.

Nazgul.jpeg